[SOLVED] Elevator doesn't work

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
secondtruth

[SOLVED] Elevator doesn't work

Post by secondtruth »

I've done all the needed steps (The gear boxes are facing the energy source, I put ropes into the pulleys and the pulleys are getting energy) but I'm not getting my elevator to work.

This is my setup:
Image Image

EDIT: I've installed the following mods:
  • OptiFine
  • AudioMod
  • MAtmos
  • Dynamic Lights
  • More Stackakles
  • Wild Grass
  • FancyPack (I tried it with AND without this)
  • Single Player Commands
  • Randomobs
  • and the John Smith texture pack for BTW
Last edited by secondtruth on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
screally

Re: Elevator doesn't work

Post by screally »

I tested the below, and I managed to lift the same height (3 platforms below the anchor) as in the picture.

I haven't built the exact same setup yet though, so my guess is still incorrect mechanical circuit (gearbox).

EDIT: Have built essentially what you have. It works. I don't see gearbox smoke in yours though :P
Last edited by screally on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Pulleys can lift platforms that are 5x5x5, with the anchor being the center of this cube. The setup you have here has the anchor with 3 platform pieces down. If you take one piece away from each anchor, it should work.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Can someone explain how Battosay does it? All his elevators have three pieces below the anchor :/ (Or am I seeing it wrong?)

First example at 11:20
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah, 3 platforms under the anchor works fine.
I can't see why it's not working for you, are you sure the mechanical energy is going into all the GB and the pulleys ?
Maybe put a lever on the primary Gear Box, and switch on and off the power to check if they're all properly connected, using the black smoke and the explosion sounds.
secondtruth

Post by secondtruth »

screally wrote:I don't see gearbox smoke in yours though :P
Though the screenshot doesn't show it, I see the smoke ingame.
Battosay wrote:I can't see why it's not working for you, are you sure the mechanical energy is going into all the GB and the pulleys ?
Maybe put a lever on the primary Gear Box, and switch on and off the power to check if they're all properly connected, using the black smoke and the explosion sounds.
I tested it. When I turn the lever on, I hear 4 explosions (2 from the connecting GBs, 2 from the pulleys). There's smoke above all the gear boxes and the axles.
Last edited by secondtruth on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
screally

Post by screally »

theres a space below the elevator so it can go downwards when you turn the gearbox off, right?

Redstone power to gearbox turns it off --> Pulley has no mechanical power --> Pulleys release the platform and it falls
No redstone power to gearbox, so its on --> Pulley has mechanical power --> Pulley pulls ropes (and elevator) upwards

Theres no redstone to the pulleys themselves is there? If there is, it acts as a brake on the pulley.
secondtruth

Post by secondtruth »

screally wrote:theres a space below the elevator so it can go downwards when you turn the gearbox off, right?
Yes, it is.
screally wrote:Redstone power to gearbox turns it off --> Pulley has no mechanical power --> Pulleys release the platform and it falls
No redstone power to gearbox, so its on --> Pulley has mechanical power --> Pulley pulls ropes (and elevator) upwards
Thank you that you've clarified that. I added a redstone wire and a lever to the gear box that controls the pulleys and turned the redstone on, but still nothing happens (except that the pulleys receive no more mechanical power as intended).
screally wrote:Theres no redstone to the pulleys themselves is there? If there is, it acts as a brake on the pulley.
No, there's no redstone to the pulleys.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Would it be possible to make a download for this world so that we can get a hands on look? Also, if you have any other mods installed, you should probably say so.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
screally

Post by screally »

How much rope did you put in the pulleys? you need 1 rope for evey block of movement you want.
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

Gilberreke wrote:Can someone explain how Battosay does it? All his elevators have three pieces below the anchor :/ (Or am I seeing it wrong?)

First example at 11:20
-video-
It's 2 additional platforms counting from the platform the anchor is attached to.

As far as I know, Optifine and Dynamic Lights are incompatible with the Forge Version of BTW. Talking of which. What version of BTW and Forge are you using?
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
secondtruth

Post by secondtruth »

HavokSCOUT wrote:Would it be possible to make a download for this world so that we can get a hands on look?
Yes, here it is.
HavokSCOUT wrote:Also, if you have any other mods installed, you should probably say so.
Sorry, I forgot it. See first post.
screally wrote:How much rope did you put in the pulleys? you need 1 rope for evey block of movement you want.
I put a 64 stack of rope into each pulley.
Rasuth wrote:As far as I know, Optifine and Dynamic Lights are incompatible with the Forge Version of BTW. Talking of which.
This could be a possible reason. Is there also a non-Forge version of BTW? Would "non-Forge version" mean "older version"?
Rasuth wrote:What version of BTW and Forge are you using?
I'm using the newest versions. I installed BTW just yesterday and used the newest versions available.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I went into your world, cleaned things up a bit in the shaft, and replaced the rope in your pulleys. Did you edit it in, or was it legit?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
secondtruth

Post by secondtruth »

Whoohoo, it works now!

I used SPC to get the ropes. This time I crafted the ropes by myself and replaced the old ones with them and now it works. I think the cheat gave me the rope BLOCKS instead of the needed rope ITEMS.

Thank you all for yor help. I really appreciate it. ;)
HavokSCOUT

Re: [SOLVED] Elevator doesn't work

Post by HavokSCOUT »

No problem;) I figured it was the ropes because it has 2 ID's and the ones in the pulleys were the weird ones.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

secondtruth wrote:Whoohoo, it works now!

I used SPC to get the ropes. This time I crafted the ropes by myself and replaced the old ones with them and now it works. I think the cheat gave me the rope BLOCKS instead of the needed rope ITEMS.
-_-"