BTW 4.31 and optifine?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

BTW 4.31 and optifine?

Post by matty79321 »

For some reason, minecraft 1.4.2 plus BTW and optifine don't seem to want to play nice with each other. The textures for the blocks in-game are screwed up, as if the btwterrain.png is being replaced by by the vanilla terrain.png. I really wish to play with BTW, but my current computer cannot handle it (25 fps max with no optifine). My current install is modloader, BTW, MCPatcher (to make sure i get the hd textures for my texture pack, yes I know its a part of optifine), and optifine (version U_B4). If there is no way to fix it without diving in to some heavy code, then I'll see what I can do in that respect but if anyone has found a fix for this that would be really helpful.

(no pictures yet, will post some soon)
Pic:
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
pgelinas

Re: BTW 4.31 and optifine?

Post by pgelinas »

As far as I can tell, your texture problem is due to Optifine overriding a base class that BTW modifies for the mod textures. I can't recall the obsfucated class name and I don't have access to that code right now, maybe someone else can chip in. Also, Optifine HD texture fix is NOT compatible with BTW's mod texture, because these guys decided to add Forge "compatibility", which is exactly the last bit of Forge code (mod textures) that I've seen in BTW, but it is not up to date with the current Forge so Optifine isn't compatible with it.
redrew89

Re: BTW 4.31 and optifine?

Post by redrew89 »

The information found in this thread might be of use:

http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5180

However, it is worth noting that the last version this is stated as working with is OptiFine B2 for Minecraft 1.3.2 and BTW 4.12. You could attempt a similar method with the latest versions, but, from what I understand, the code in Optifine has changed to a point where it just doesn't work...

Trust me, I feel your pain. Sans OptiFine, my FPS usually sits between 20-30, dipping to ~10 in areas with large amounts of automation and block updates. I've heard rumors that Mojang intends to over-haul the rendering code, but who knows when that might be.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere