Map Seeds

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarelth

Map Seeds

Post by Sarelth »

I was curious about if anyone has found any really interesting seeds that they use regularly for starting areas for their BTW worlds?

I have a couple I like to use for various things.

Vanessa = a Island start with a ravine in the middle and 1 tree on a nearby small island.
cheppa = village not to far from spawn as well as a Jungle temple nearby. I think there was a stronghold really close to the village.
BTW 4.22 = a nice starting area, with some funky Extreme hills formations.

Any other good ones people use?
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
Anbaric

Re: Map Seeds

Post by Anbaric »

I like to use: 1031091056
If you are in Default world-gen, Head down the coast to see epic mountains with a couple high water sources.
Large biomes spreads the mountains, so you start in them.
Used that seed for mountains in pretty much every version of Minecraft; I have it memorized. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Dude! Dude! Dude! Mountains, plains and a higher than normal water source block! Be Prepared to profit!!

Seed: 2126783670

Cred goes to Jade for this seed... i think the word based one is 123Jade321 or something like that but the numerical one is from the /seed command.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

I will check them both out. Looking for a nice new seed for my new world.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

The one for my lp is 321Jeet123. You start on a small beach but just over the hill is a nice mountain area with a rather high water source. I did have to travel quite a ways to find wolves though, but it made for a good adventure. Hope you enjoy.

-Jeet
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

I will check it out. Thanks Jeet.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

This post has a couple pictures of the seed that I'm currently fawning over. DocHussey found it in large biomes, but I'm perfectly happy with it on the defaukt world size. My quest for wolves even found me my first jungle temple, which was awesome.

Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Very nice seed. Mushroom Biomes are not easy to come by. Will certainly keep it in mind and thanks for pointing out that thread, I will go through it also.
Iakovosian

Post by Iakovosian »

Seed: england (large biomes)

You'll spawn in a taiga biome, but to the North-West it joins up with a desert and a plains biome (village included). Somewhere adjoining the northern edge of the taiga biome is a jungle with a temple. A stronghold is quite close (within a few 100 blocks). And apparently there's a desert village not far from that either. Mountains and a swamp can be found next to or near one of the above biomes.
"It's like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences."
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Very nice, haven't tried a lot of Large Biome maps yet, will look into it.
chai

Post by chai »

I can recommend the seed Visions. You'll spawn in the middle of an ocean on a smallish island. Its salient features are a single tree, some clay under the water, a nice bluff for haning a windmill off of, another island to the northwest...and a massive, partly-flooded, very deep cave system accessible via a hole right by the tree.

You'll need to sail or build quite a ways in order to find all the requisite flora and fauna to really start tinkering with your BTW tech, but you'll (a) have a nice sense of accomplishment when you do find them, and (b) end up with a well fleshed-out map, since you're probably going to want to build at least temporary bases at landfall.

I won't tell you where to find strongholds, nether fortresses, villages, melons, pumpkins or mushrooms, but I will say that they can all be discovered with some combination of extensive mining and extensive exploration.

Enjoy. (-:
SufficientAnonymity

Post by SufficientAnonymity »

I'm using 1786982842, with large biomes switched on. You'll start in a sizable taiga biome, with a mushroom biome fairly reachable nearby - just travel (East, I think) along the coast. Villagers require a huge trek however. If you want to find a stronghold, you'll need to be prepared to sail a really long way, too. Really nice world though - just needs a lot of moving around.
Western-Knight

Post by Western-Knight »

I like this seed. You spawn (At least I did) in a forest with a decent-sized flat forest area surrounded by a few hills of varying height (None too large) next to an ocean. I'd provide some screens, but I've already flattened most of the hills. All I had to before building was cut down a few trees and wait for the leaves to despawn.

Edit: There's also a rather large jungle if you follow the coast facing the ocean and heading to your right. I'd give a cardinal direction, but me being a complete moron, I can't find the option to return the sun and moon to my sky. (I play on very minimal graphics.)
A knight without armor in a savage land.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Just turn the render distance to normal or above to show the sky.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

t - (just the single character t in lower case) is handy dandy for testing out Witch mob spawner mechanics / hut modifications as it puts you within a few paces of a Witch hut. If you can't quite see it from where you spawn just run towards the sun on the horizon.

Generated MC 1.4.2 / Normal biomes.

EDIT: Just trying to work out what features I would like to build near in my next BTW map as I will perhaps start a new one (again), the first few hours of being vulnerable and resource less make the game for fun me. ;)
Uploaded the same seed as a map file here - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gqz8nut6s56w1mm however I've lit up the surrounding area and caves in about a 300 block square, so Witches spawn a little faster. (A few of the blocks under the hut are classed as "Ocean" so Witches won't spawn there but at least there is water nearby to test if a water/saw trap config is feasible.

EDIT2: Drop traps seem to work muchly better than saws.
Last edited by KittenToaster on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Some nice seeds.

The witch one will come in handy for some tests for sure.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of spawn I am looking for either, but when I see it I am sure I'll know it.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

i posted this in another thread but might as well put it here too, my current seed it "To travle the stars" like that and miss spelled. lots of mountains and rough terrain. and if you want a real extreme hills and overhangs galore simply make it into a large biomes world with the same seed. you spawn in the middle of a MASSIVE extreme hills biomes with ridiculous overhangs for thousands of blocks in pretty much every direction. i really have never seen anything like it. in vanilla terrain gen at least.

Two seeds for the price of one!
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Flowerchild, OMG Flowerchild! You spawn on a plains, all around you are varying resources, a desert, a village and a forest, within which is a large shallow pool with plenty of clay. There's also a surface-level ravine nearby with lots of visible iron and in the desert is a surface level lava pool.

EDIT: there's also a jungle by the village.

EDIT 2: And a swamp next to the jungle, with a tagia opposite that... oh my.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

SPAWNMEINAFORESTWITHWOLVES is a great one. I spawns you in the edge of a forest with tons (about 30-40) wolves scattered about. (For once a seed that actually gives you what you type in!) There is a nearby plains with a village. The village has a cave under it with a nearly exposed skeleton dungeon. All other biomes, save mushroom, are within easy reachable distance. There is also a lava lake near spawn, with water just above it, perfect for making obsidian. There is also a shallow pond with lots of clay nearby.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

For those of you who like pretty jungle bays, I suggest the seed "faraway". It is seriously the most beautiful site minecraft has ever kicked up for me.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Looks like we are getting a good list of Seeds. Should I start to collect them all in the OP so people can see them right off the get go?

The Seed Artomix starts you off on a Jungle Island in a big ocean biome. Not sure where othere resources can be found, but it was a neat survival island variant.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Well this is the most recent seed thread that I could find, and I keep on hearing that adding something to the conversation isn't really necro so...
Spoiler
Show
This is within viewing distance of spawn :)

Seed: -2634888519598665894
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Psion

Post by Psion »

Not a seed per say (although the terrain I explored seemed kind of interesting in general) but there's always adventure maps as well. I've done mine on the Islands of Eldaria v3 map, and its gigantic, about 3000 by 3000 blocks of giant islands with tons of hidden wonders and gorgeous terrain. I actually found an awesome glowstone lit cavern in some mountains thats huge enough to build a skyscraper in, that I'm building my base at. It's a fun challenge since I have to deal with constant monster attacks plus having to gather resources and grow food in my "safe" area next to an underground lake.

If underground livings not your thing though, there's beautiful biomes of every time, from desert to mooshroom to a giant volcano to awesome mountains... you get the idea. There's a lot of fun secret areas to be found as well, such as ruins. Hardcore spawn makes it even more challenging since you wind up on different islands all over, lol. :D
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

A great field to start in is right past the forest, there's a desert with a Pyramid and a spawner right there, and as you keep exploring further and further, there's lots of villages and Pyramids and so much stuff.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Best seed ever for BTW... It spawns you on a survival island, but not just any survival island, This one is a forest biome. Extremely small for a whole biome but it has wolves and chickens and cows and the best cave system I have come across in a long time. The island itself is beautiful too. On the inside of the island is a lake with a large natural arch above it that looks absolutely beautiful.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go