Halloween!!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FaceFoiled

Halloween!!

Post by FaceFoiled »

Halloween is almost upon us, and I was wondering what you are up to! :)

We have a people from all over the world here, and I know that Halloween is not celebrated as much in some countries (Netherlands for example). But those that do have fun with it, what do you do? I am kinda wondering if any of you decorated the house or garden for trick or treaters and parties, or if you are a cool mum/dad and dressed up to go trick or treating with your kid. Maybe you are dressing up yourself or a party?

Myself I will be Edward Elric at work tomorrow, and Natsu Dragneel in the pub at night (anime characters, too cheap to get a different costume, had these lying around :P). I have another party on friday, and I will try to carve a wicked pumpkin to help dress the place.

Image of a dad/son trick or treating (best one I've found, kinda jealous of the kid :P)
kamshaft1

Re: Halloween!!

Post by kamshaft1 »

If the weather holds, I actually plan on setting my telescope up in my front yard as an extra treat for anyone who stops by.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Oh that is pretty cool! :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

If I had the money, I was going to be slenderman (with stilts under long black pants ofc), but instead, I'm using the old standard; Walking around in a Frank the Bunny mask :)
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

I will be wearing either a Star Trek USS Enterprise Engineering uniform or stormtrooper armor. And I will probably be wearing it alone in my house with my cats. >_> Halloween is great, though.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Put alot of time and money into a good Link(yes from legend of zelda) cosplay, and I have to say, the full costume looks pretty badass :)
I based it off of the newer games where they added tons more detail to links model.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Oh that's cool. :) Right now I just have a store purchased costume. I recently had to clear out one of my spare rooms (needed additional space for guests), so I will likely use that as a workshop of sorts. I plan to make my costume for next year myself from scratch for once. :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I'm curious, what state of dress is your Edward Elric costume in? I wanted to do a shirtless one once and I wasn't quite sure how to do his arm...I actually ended up going as Alphonse after he got his body back that year.

A short while later:

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

It's fully covered with gloves, so you don't see (or has) any metal parts. It's basically the blow picture, without the wig/boots. (Lost the wig in paris, boots in amsterdam :P). I have some random black shoes I'll be using though, and am blonde myself (though not with long hair).
Spoiler
Show
That is actually something I would like to make (arm only most likey), likely out of wonderflex.
Last edited by FaceFoiled on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

In honor of the day, I shall wear pants.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

FlowerChild wrote:In honor of the day, I shall wear pants.
*mindblown*
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

destineternel wrote: *mindblown*
I know. It's not often I dress up like that. Seriously :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Hey FlowerChild, I found a costume for you!

Oh wait, you already are that, except with impossible angles and more insanity...

Sorry if the image doesn't work btw, I'm not sure how to post one :(

A short while later:

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Spoiler
Show
You copied the whole google search link, instead of the image link. =)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Tyranid? Oh gods no. The inclusion of Tyranids (along with Tau and Necrons) in WH40K marked the beginning of its slow decline.

I still remember when they were just Genestealers, introduced for the original table-top Space Hulk. Now those were cool :)
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

I used to be a Mad Scientist in a charity haunted house (best they ever had, they tell me), so I usually just wear my lab coat and start ranting about destroying all fools.

Moved since last year, though, now I can't find the coat . . . I'll just seem like a random crazy person if I rant without it. :(
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Actually I believe that's a character from league of legends... Don't recall his name of the top of my head. He does look a lot like a tyranid though :)

EDIT: I remembered! Cho'gath terror of the void!
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

My first ever pumpkin. I didn't realise how much they stink inside. Was not expecting that at all :S I wanted something really creepy but my sister found this picture instead >.<
Spoiler
Show
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

We don't celebrate Halloween were I live, most people don't even know what Halloween even is :(
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Dreambolt

Post by Dreambolt »

FlowerChild wrote:Tyranid? Oh gods no.
:| I don't know if you can be one of my favorite game designers any more... j/k I know where your coming from I just love me some Tyranids.

I still don't have a suit of armor, so my costumes will be boring if I bother. >_> Though I should start blacksmithing properly in the summer so we'll see where that takes me...
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I may have to dig out and repair that cardstock Armageddon pattern lasgun I made so long ago now. It's weird, I haven't so much as picked up a paintbrush in more than five years now but I still haven't canceled my White Dwarf subscription. If I can find that and my old stormcoat, I'll be set for a costume, otherwise I'll probably just sit at home with the candy bowl tomorrow.
Better is the enemy of Good
Panda

Post by Panda »

Im gonna be Lady Rainicorn
Never say no to Panda.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I am very proud of myself for making a cardboard mask instead of buying an expensive costume. I will wear it with honor and whatever souls I haven't yet put into a jar.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Dreambolt

Post by Dreambolt »

Panda wrote:Im gonna be Lady Rainicorn
Nice :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Whoop!!

Sitting as Edward Elric behind my desk at work, rocking the pocket watch whilst sitting next to a banana. :P