No more turtles

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

No more turtles

Post by FlowerChild »

Due to someone within the turtles leaking posts from the private forum, I've decided to eliminate the group.

It was compromised of people that I trusted, and violating that was truly a dick move in eliminating one of the few places I could talk as a person without worrying about public reaction.

I won't be forgetting that.

My apologies to the turtles who were not responsible for this, but hopefully you can understand that going on a witch-hunt to try and figure out who did this wouldn't be productive.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: No more turtles

Post by Sarudak »

Yeah I understand. I was worried it was going to be witch hunt. I didn't really expect this but it makes sense. Sad day...
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Yeah. I can understand this. It really is for the best, IMO at least.
And people wonder why I am such a skeptic. . .
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Yeah I understand. I was worried it was going to be witch hunt. I didn't really expect this but it makes sense. Sad day...
Yeah...me searching through the member list and checking time stamps narrowed it down to be one of two people, with no way of telling which it was.

In the end, I decided that it was more important to me to avoid punishing the wrong person, than eliminating the right one. Even then, I don't think I ever would have been certain, and thus would not be able to talk freely anyways, and that quickly lead me to the realization that there just wasn't any point in maintaining the group or subforum any longer.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Bummer man... I know that haven meant a lot to you and it must be hard to feel betrayed like that. My sympathies.
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

I don't really check this forum much anymore but it still has a sweet spot in my favourites and I feel sorry that this has happened. Every time i checked the forum and there was a new post in the turtles subforum i always felt the need to read it.
From the little reading i have done it seems a bit of a rough period here lately. I really hope that some stability get's back and maybe some trust in people because most of us know how important the turtles where for you up until this started.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thieme wrote:I don't really check this forum much anymore but it still has a sweet spot in my favourites and I feel sorry that this has happened. Every time i checked the forum and there was a new post in the turtles subforum i always felt the need to read it.
From the little reading i have done it seems a bit of a rough period here lately. I really hope that some stability get's back and maybe some trust in people because most of us know how important the turtles where for you up until this started.
Yeah, it was man, however I think the concept of trust and friendship over the internet is a bit of a modern day myth, especially for someone under as much public scrutiny as I am.

Will just keep my friendships offline, and restrict anything I say online to that which I am comfortable voicing in public. That was my general policy pre-BTW anyways, so it's probably wise for me to return to being less lax in that regard.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Man, it really sucks that someone did that... Its a real slap in your face after all the fun and good moments you provided for all of us. I'm sorry to see that go, but I understand why you did that. A prolongued search for the responsible would only serve to make everyone feel worse.

I'm thankful for everything, FC
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

I know I was kind of the new guy in the lounge, but it was still an honor to be there. I am at a loss for words, and I know that it meant a lot to everyone there. I'm sad to see it go.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

What a cunt...

https://twitter.com/JojHeywood

All it took was an invasion of privacy and a personal betrayal and now he gets to play the hero. Nice job kid.

*clap* *clap* *clap*
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Who is JojHeywood? from the few tweets I read he has something to do with forge but?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Detritus wrote:Who is JojHeywood? from the few tweets I read he has something to do with forge but?
Moderator on MCF. The Turtle forum was shut down as a result of him showing up in the BTW #irc with a screen-shot of some of the posts there, saying he had received them from a "friend".
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Oh.
<no comment>
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
JojHeywood

Post by JojHeywood »

FlowerChild wrote:
Detritus wrote:Who is JojHeywood? from the few tweets I read he has something to do with forge but?
Moderator on MCF. The Turtle forum was shut down as a result of him showing up in the BTW #irc with a screen-shot of some of the posts there, saying he had received them from a "friend".
That's a shame, billy was such a good turtle too!
My signature's dynamic. That's why it changes.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

JojHeywood wrote: That's a shame, billy was such a good turtle too!
I'll assume that wasn't a comment about my cat that recently passed away man, otherwise that would be far-more cunt-like than I would have thought.
JojHeywood

Post by JojHeywood »

FlowerChild wrote:
JojHeywood wrote: That's a shame, billy was such a good turtle too!
I'll assume that wasn't a comment about my cat that recently passed away man, otherwise that would be far-more cunt-like than I would have thought.
I didn't even know you owned a cat. I'm sorry to hear that it passed away man. The passing of pets is no laughing matter.

I own a cat, it's name is Wheatley after the Portal 2 Character. I owned a dog at one point but it died from old age. It went deaf before it died though, so we saw it coming.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, that out of the way, so what's the deal with your inside source and deciding to post it on the IRC?
JojHeywood

Post by JojHeywood »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok, that out of the way, so what's the deal with your inside source and deciding to post it on the IRC?
I won't use the name Billy out of respect of your cat. Cats are cool.

Geoff pinged me in IRC with pictures, in a complaint link to that you were flame-baiting on MCF. I posted them in IRC to show to my higher-up and posted it in the wrong area. Human Mistakes happen.

If you're wondering. We wont intrude in the drama you're _. For now atleast.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

JojHeywood wrote: I won't use the name Billy out of respect of your cat. Cats are cool.

Geoff pinged me in IRC with pictures, in a complaint link to that you were flame-baiting on MCF. I posted them in IRC to show to my higher-up and posted it in the wrong area. Human Mistakes happen.

If you're wondering. We wont intrude in the drama you're _. For now atleast.
And I suppose giving me Geoff's real name would be disloyal to him considering the staggering amount of loyalty he demonstrated in doing the above?

Whomever he is, he has effectively disabled my ability to have any kind of private conversation with my own community, thus alienating me from it and inevitably hindering the development of the mod.

Whatever your opinion on the drama at hand, that is simply not cool.
tedium

Post by tedium »

Well, I wish it was under better circumstances, but at least I can cross it off my growing list of aspirations. Hope you can find another outlet FC... it's always good to have a place where you can share your thoughts freely without fear of recrimination.
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Why anyone bothers trying to start/perpetuate internet drama, I'll never know. Sorry it had to end in the destruction of the turtles, I know how much having that forum meant to you, at times.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

I am very sad to see this. Not from any aspirational direction, but through sympathy (or is it empathy?). It is always upsetting to have your trust broken. I hope you are alright, FC, and I certainly hope you don't loose faith in the community at large. Your work has brought happiness to thousands, and you put up with a lot of uneeded shit from people. I know this is different because it was a betrayal by someone you thought you could trust, and that always stings the most, but your community still loves you. I wish you the best, man, and I really do hope you are alright.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Miss_Kat wrote:Why anyone bothers trying to start/perpetuate internet drama, <snip>
I had a very short exchange with JojHeywood yesterday when he came to the IRC channel. He made it undeniably clear while there that his only purpose was to troll FC and the BTW community. If he's claiming some other ethical higher purpose, then he is utterly full of horseshit; or so out of touch with reality that interacting with him is pointless.

edit: grammar
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Hopefully in time that trust can be earned back. Sorry FC.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

I can't pretend that I'll miss the FT forum, I was never a part of it.
However, I understand what a betrayal that must have been. I personally know what it feels like to lose your trust, especially in such a public manner.
My sympathies, man.