Fertilizer

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Nerdasaurus_Rex

Fertilizer

Post by Nerdasaurus_Rex »

With the addition of hardcore explosives, we now have brimstone, which is actually sulfur. Sulfur is great for explosives, but it also has another use: fertilizer. Today, some fertilizer is created from sulfur by mixing it with calcium, creating calcium sulfate. Maybe replace bonemeal with a new mixed fertilizer? Or create a new one that's better somehow?

Wasn't sure whether to post this in discussions or here...
At one point I thought that the world was perfect.
Then I found BTW.
Now I'm in therapy.
SterlingRed

Re: Fertilizer

Post by SterlingRed »

Just one question, why?
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

I will miss you.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Nerdasaurus_Rex

I think it would make having fertilized fields harder to get, just like in real life. And bye! (I assume :( )
Then I found BTW.
Now I'm in therapy.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Fc spent a great deal of time balancing bonemeal and creating hc farming. You realize you are effectively saying "your work is bullshit my way is better!" right?
Nerdasaurus_Rex

Well... when you put it that way i feel like a dick....
Then I found BTW.
Now I'm in therapy.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Yup. I hope you only incur a vacation instead of a permaban, since some of your posts have been absolutely brilliant in the past. Should you be so lucky, come by the btw IRC channel some time before you pitch an idea again, and we can quickly give you the kind of history advice you were clearly lacking here.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

I could see this as a second tier of farming. It would encourage killing Endermen and going to the end. Question is 'dose it fit in with BTW'? The answer to that resides with FC alone.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
Indras

Post by Indras »

There's nothing wrong with adding more complexity to a system, such as TNT -> powder keg, functionally equivalent, but much more complex. However, this has already been done with bonemeal, from the old vanilla instant growth substance, to a realistic fertilizer. Meaning, this would require a great deal more coding for a very small increase in gameplay.

Doesn't fit the spirit of BTW, sorry.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Nerdasaurus_Rex wrote:Maybe replace bonemeal with a new mixed fertilizer?
Mixing it with sulfur might make the fertilizer a bit too end-game, as getting the sulfur takes an awful lot of work. Most people will already be drowning in resources by then, I suspect. I wouldn't mind the change though, as "sowing" bonemeal has always felt a tad odd to me.
SterlingRed wrote:Fc spent a great deal of time balancing bonemeal and creating hc farming. You realize you are effectively saying "your work is bullshit my way is better!" right?
Or maybe he's just saying: "Hardcore bonemeal was a great change to the game, but it still feels just a teeny bit iffy"? If you suspect FC won't like it, just let FC say so.
Indras wrote:Doesn't fit the spirit of BTW, sorry.
But grinding up bones and sprinkling it on the ground does? FC took a feature of vanilla and adjusted it so it would better fit the world of BtW. I for one wouldn't mind an extra step to create 'real' fertilizer though. I'd hate to see yet another stewing pot recipe, though, so I'm not sure whether this change would be it.

As for this whole thread: In the channel I mentioned it felt like watching "the weakest link", but to be honest it feels more like a pack of dogs falling on the outcast one. FC's disdain for suggestions has really been affecting the behaviour of some here and not in a good way. Seriously, if you've got nothing more constructive to say other than "goodbye!" then just don't post at all... eesh.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Graphite wrote:As for this whole thread: In the channel I mentioned it felt like watching "the weakest link", but to be honest it feels more like a pack of dogs falling on the outcast one. FC's disdain for suggestions has really been affecting the behaviour of some here and not in a good way. Seriously, if you've got nothing more constructive to say other than "goodbye!" then just don't post at all... eesh.
+1 on this. I really don't need backup in dealing with suggestions guys, and we've already run into a small number of circumstances where the community has trashed an idea only for me to say "I like it" when I get to reading it.

If you don't have anything useful to contribute, just stay out of it. All you're doing is adding to the volume of posts I have to go through when a new idea thread pops up.

In this case, I don't see the need for it, so I don't like it. I will however make the ban temporary.