Kerbal Space Program.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
TheAnarchitect

Kerbal Space Program.

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Sorry Guys, if you don't see me on the server for the next week, it's because I'm on the Mun.

For those unaware, This is just an awesome spaceflight simulator that closely mimics current level space technology. It'll give you a feel for just how difficult space travel is, while also showing what kind of impressive feats are possible with today's tech. Also, Rockets Explode.

As usual, I have yet to achieve the basic goal of getting into a stable orbit, but damn my rockets are pretty.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
foreman

Re: Kerbal Space Program.

Post by foreman »

Kerbal Space Program rocks, most of my rockets explode mid-flight or don't have enough fuel to do anything else after achieving orbit but it's a blast either way.

Once I get my fuel consumption down I plan on staging some rescue missions for my stranded orbiting Kerbals.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Huh...this is what, the third separate thread for the game game in this here off-topic?

The game just keeps getting rediscovered. It's crazy. Good though.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Going to have a go at it, I remember being highly amused at some gameplay videos that I found as a result of the last thread. Anyone know how significant the difference between the free demo and the current iteration of the paid game is?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Fairly significant. The demo lacks Minmus and the other planets, EVA, IVA, animated parts, multiple saves, the spaceplane hangar (horizontal building with mirror symmetry instead of rotational) and the plugin framework. There's a few new parts, too, but they can be substituted with mod parts.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Stormweaver wrote:Huh...this is what, the third separate thread for the game game in this here off-topic?

Seriously? Search turned up nothing when I looked for "Kerbal", and only turned up stuff under Felix Baumgardner or Superluminal speed when I searched "Space program." I tried my due diligence on this one.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

TheAnarchitect wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:Huh...this is what, the third separate thread for the game game in this here off-topic?

Seriously? Search turned up nothing when I looked for "Kerbal", and only turned up stuff under Felix Baumgardner or Superluminal speed when I searched "Space program." I tried my due diligence on this one.
I think there might be a problem with the search function atm.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

So much fun. I was so addicted to this game for a while
M!C

Post by M!C »

Stormweaver wrote: I think there might be a problem with the search function atm.
Yeah, it seems to be broken.

On another note, "KSP" would probably have yielded better results (if search was working).