fully Automated chest-minecart loader

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
PrivateAlpha

fully Automated chest-minecart loader

Post by PrivateAlpha »

Not sure if someone has done this yet(probably have) but didn't see it here so I thought I'd post it up.

Note this can be done without the mods I use it just need more(A LOT more) space.

Mods:
Red Power
Wireless Redstone

The minecart,hopper and gears with transmitter hooked up

The logic circuit. Its just a really long timer,really. ignore the top T-latch and other parts there, just put one repeater there and hook up to the power rail

this will work well with:
Battosay's minecart unloader

Hope you find it useful :)
Oh yeah, Hi I'm new here!
Battosay

Re: fully Automated chest-minecart loader

Post by Battosay »

Well done mate, and welcome :)
(And yeah, that's nothing new, but it doesn't make it less fun to build ^^)
PrivateAlpha

Post by PrivateAlpha »

Well I guess the thread is just an excuse to say Hello! :)
redeyedmonstar

Post by redeyedmonstar »

Rather than start a new topic, i'll just post here.
Been working on a similar system myself today, but with pez dispenser style loaders for multiple minecarts.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
my problem i have is when the chest fills, and then, so does the hopper (which is what im using to trigger sending the full cart away and bring in a new empty cart, the hopper instantly spits out the items it had in it onto the track preventing the new empty cart from loading properly into place.
Anyone have any idea how to get round this? i've tried sending a break signal to the nearest gear box, but it doesnt react quickly enough.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

redeyedmonstar wrote:my problem i have is when the chest fills, and then, so does the hopper (which is what im using to trigger sending the full cart away and bring in a new empty cart, the hopper instantly spits out the items it had in it onto the track preventing the new empty cart from loading properly into place.
Anyone have any idea how to get round this? i've tried sending a break signal to the nearest gear box, but it doesnt react quickly enough.
The easiest solution would be to just delay the signal that sends the minecart off, to let the gearbox shut off first, probably 2 or 3 repeaters at maximum delay.
redeyedmonstar

Post by redeyedmonstar »

*sighs* bit annoyed at myself as thats fairly obvious really... i guess i just got caught up in thinking of other over complicated things and missed it.
Thanks
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Timing issues are often simpler than expected, I've often added far too many repeaters to get everything to work, then taken them all away again as I realise I just had the sequencing backwards, and I could solve it by moving a torch on a turntable timer.