Bellows Blow through Hemp

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
mikeyagoto

Bellows Blow through Hemp

Post by mikeyagoto »

I was recently trying to build a different kind of automated farm (without water) and I wanted a way to get the hemp that fall down onto the original hemp block, so I tried setting up bellows to blow them off into my collection system, but I discovered that the bellows doesn't blow through a hemp block. I think adding that ability will increase the efficiency of hemp farming to have zero loss.

Thanks for considering!

Mikey
Ultionis

Re: Bellows Blow through Hemp

Post by Ultionis »

I'll suggest that you use sticky pistons with blocks attached to do the harvesting. Guaranteed zero loss.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Ultionis wrote:I'll suggest that you use sticky pistons with blocks attached to do the harvesting. Guaranteed zero loss.
That's not true. I've had bits land on the base block doing that. I don't see why full efficiency is necessary though...
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Sarudak wrote:
Ultionis wrote:I'll suggest that you use sticky pistons with blocks attached to do the harvesting. Guaranteed zero loss.
That's not true. I've had bits land on the base block doing that. I don't see why full efficiency is necessary though...
It's not necessary, but I personally find it very annoying when I make an effort to get to 100% efficiency and it occasionally misses one or two items.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

It has already been stated that the goal of automation does not include 100% efficiency by design. If your hemp production is really falling short, you need to plant more of it. Minecraft blocks don't normally work the way you are talking about and as such this would likely be very time consuming for nearly zero payoff.
Better is the enemy of Good
SpaceGuyR

Post by SpaceGuyR »

Block Dispensers can be used for 100% harvest rate (never drops short) at the cost of the seeds/resources to set up.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

SpaceGuyR wrote:Block Dispensers can be used for 100% harvest rate (never drops short) at the cost of the seeds/resources to set up.
I was considering mentioning that. But with the hardcore chicken changes I don't consider losing the seed drops as an acceptable trade off.