Screw pumps: horizontal pumping

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Poppycocks

Screw pumps: horizontal pumping

Post by Poppycocks »

I'm loving screw pumps and I've lately been finding myself using them for much more than just horizontal water movement. Forking streams where the water doesn't naturally fork(doable without pumps, but needs fixing every time there's a water outage), forking streams from item channels, or just slightly nudging the water "end" to accommodate the new buoyancy/hoppers behavior.

The water being pumped up is impractical in some of these cases(items dropping into the chanel where you need to fork, forking from a waterfall) and I'd like to ask for the ability to let the pumps pump water out on the back face if the pump receives redstone or if there's a block above it.

This would also open up a few new fun possibilities. Water streams multiplexing for example. Another nice perk would be that this would allow for "hump-less" aqueducts and similar aesthetic builds.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Screw pumps: horizontal pumping

Post by FlowerChild »

I don't see this as being technically feasible or desirable from a gameplay standpoint, nor does it really fit with how a screw pump actually works.