looking for 64x64 stoked fire

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Utterbob

looking for 64x64 stoked fire

Post by Utterbob »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has made one yet, or even seen a texture that consumes a lot of the block space that I might be able to adapt? Doing one up from scratch is beyond my stick-man-artistic level but I have almost gotten my TP to a something that I'm really happy with - invisible fire is a little jarring both visually and in practical terms :P
Detritus

Re: looking for 64x64 stoked fire

Post by Detritus »

It is done in the code (I think), and so I doubt it can be changed.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

It is but it can be overwritten by a texture (or the texture file provides a sample of textures to choose from as it randomizes, I won't pretend to know exactly how replacing works at the technical level... only that it can be done!). Panda's pack replaces the original with a 32x32 one (if you have that pack it's the custom_terrain_26.png file in the main directory). I am using that as a place holder at the moment to get around the invisible fire for practical reasons but lovely as it is it doesn't fit with a 64x64 pack :(
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

No, the only way normal fire is overwritten in some tp's is through the use of mcpatcher. You cannot do it any other way, which also means the stoked fire texture cannot be overwritten.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

dawnraider wrote:No, the only way normal fire is overwritten in some tp's is through the use of mcpatcher. You cannot do it any other way, which also means the stoked fire texture cannot be overwritten.
Utterbob wrote:... Panda's pack replaces the original with a 32x32 one (if you have that pack it's the custom_terrain_26.png file in the main directory) ...
Default Textures
Show
Misa with BTW textures by Pucc and stocked fire from Panda
Show