Problem: Elevators

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DTSX

Problem: Elevators

Post by DTSX »

So basically, I created everything necessary for an underwater elevator... but my issue is that since I'm using a 4 pulley set up, I'm trying to figure out how to descend down with a control panel for all four. I figured how to get back up -> A lot of redstone+repeaters+pistons = quick speed to the top, but my issue is how to turn everything off and not have an open top
walker_boh_65

Re: Problem: Elevators

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Im not sure if your using it for anything more than just to go up and down, if so a t-flip flop to the gear box (be sure to have an = number or the platform will go up at different rates) should work (if you are going all the way to the top and bottom) hope that helps
DTSX

Post by DTSX »

I've been trying to basically make a concealed elevator (i.e. no redstones since the entire thing is underwater) Yeah... that didn't work lol
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

the only way i can see this possible, and im not sure if your pulley is under water too (which is a really cool idea) is to have a huge line of redstone torches surrounded by stone, not hidden but it work, or if you want another mod you could use wireless redstone, it would be perfect for what your trying to do
FCC Rommel

Post by FCC Rommel »

For anyone having problems setting up a working elevator I have posted some info on the Wiki on how to page http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?tit ... or_Circuit.
I hope it will be helpful, though one guy did comment that he could not understand it at all, so I am in the proses of uploading a video that hopefully will be more cleare to understand visually. (however the video I made will seem cut up a lot, its because I don't have the tools needed to make a good vid on shot notice, even though you should find it useful.)

JB
Last edited by FCC Rommel on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
FCC Rommel

Post by FCC Rommel »

Also no idea how you would set up the elevator up under water, but perhaps setting it up above the water and having it go down might work.
Also it would also be possible to protect your Redstone wire, torches and buttons with signs or ladders to keep them dry under the water but it will be a fiddly proses. good luck!

JB