DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.31] [Mature] [Military Minded]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Incomitatum

DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.31] [Mature] [Military Minded]

Post by Incomitatum »

Yoink -Flower
Last edited by Incomitatum on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: [24/7] DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS [BETTER THAN WOLVES 4

Post by Sarudak »

How do you tell if someone is 18+ on the internet?
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

A great question, and to be honest, you can't. But we do an extensive interview phase where we feel out the player's maturity.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Quick question, if players aren't allowed to create fire surely that limits them to pretty much the first tier of the tech in BTW, no?
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Ah yes! Good question, you see I am not all that bright and left that part in on accident. It is not an issue. We no longer have Bukkit since we are now BTW so... :) I can't exactly control that.

Thank you for finding that error.
Rake

Post by Rake »

After reading the post, and checking out the server, I'd like to join you.

-Yes, I read the above.
-I spent maybe 20 minutes walking around and watching you clear the spawn area.
-I am from Minnesota.
-36 years old and male.
-MC username is rake2244
-Battlefield 3 is the other game I've been playing lately, and I'll probably pick up Borderlands 2 soon.
-I take on all roles in Minecraft, depending on my mood.
-Time on would vary from an hour or two a night to long sessions on days off.
-I would typically be around in the evening CST.
-I am a mature player that is interested in being part of a close-knit group of similarly-minded players.

I'm looking forward to chatting more with you and thanks again.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes I have.
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? Well to be honest I didn't see a ship exactly. But I did wander around and peek at what y'all are building. The maze wasn't comlete yet so someone kindly ported me to safety.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Texas
• How old are you? 29
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? Not needed as I am over 18
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Female
• What is your Minecraft Username? jadedcat
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Sims 3 , Skyrim, Random puzzle and Time management games.
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? I like farming, breeding and building best.
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Probably every day.
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I have a weird schedule. I sleep 4-6 hours out of every 24 hours. The rest of the time I am online gaming on one server or another.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I enjoy working with people to complete goals. And I am always looking for more people to play with.

• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Disabled Navy Veteran, Corpsman, Stationed out of VA.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

jadedcat

Thank you for taking the time to look around and join our server (not to mention being kind and patient during the interview process). We would be proud to have you in our ranks.
Charzy

Post by Charzy »

Though I don't want this turning into a thread derailing argument, you say that you have a series of interviews to suss out those who are 18 or over?

There seems to be a few problems with this system, mainly:

1: Anybody could lie
2: If someone lies and passes the test, then surely they would have been mature enough to enter the server anyway?
3: If someone is honest about their age, then why are they kept out from the server as opposed to the liars?
4: The sponsor system seems to be in place to allow minors to enter, provided they are sponsored by a friend. This system is flawed in that someone's friends are likely to see them as more mature than they are, thus meaning that you cut out all but a very, very select few of the under-18's.

In light of these points, surely it would be better to do away with the age limit, but keep the extensive interview phase instead? This keeps out the immature adults and minors, while allowing in the mature adults and mature minors. If you're doing this interview for anybody anyway, then no time would be wasted in this system, and your playerbase would be overall larger and more balanced, while still keeping a high standard of maturity.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I'm slightly confused as to what graylist means...To be honest, it's not really a situation I've encountered before, and I'd like to stay away from your bad side and not spam the server with log-in attempts in case I come to the wrong conclusion. Could you explain what you mean by graylist?

Other than that, the idea for the server does sound very interesting, and I've been looking for a large group project to work on in minecraft for a while. Unfortunately, I'm about to start moving back to school and all the time-wasting crap that goes with a move, not to mention starting class again, but I would love to pop in and see what the community's like and what the builds are like for the time being.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Rianaru wrote:I'm slightly confused as to what graylist means...To be honest, it's not really a situation I've encountered before, and I'd like to stay away from your bad side and not spam the server with log-in attempts in case I come to the wrong conclusion. Could you explain what you mean by graylist?
From what I can tell from my experience with the server, you are free to login to the server, but if you don't fill out an application after a few minutes, they kick you off the server. If you come back after the second kick, they ban you with no explanations for the kicks or ban. Also, you start out with no build-rights.
SuperCraften

Post by SuperCraften »

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes, and it is all understood.
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? If you mean on the server, no time since you have locked all guests in a room due to stealing.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? United Kingdom
• How old are you? 15
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? Well JadedCat could vouch for me, I have often been on her server talking, also Ribky and I played together on there.
• What gender do you wish to be known by? Male
• What is your Minecraft Username? SuperCraften
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Well recently I have been playing FTL. Also some DayZ and LoL (but rarely)
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder mostly, but also automation with Redstone and things similar
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Probably most days after school for about 2-3 hours, but may be subject to change depending on homework etc. More time during the weekends
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Weekdays, 6-9PM GMT. Weekends any amount of time during the day, dependant on Hockey matches/training
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? Because I love to interact with others and really just have a good chat and get to know others who may be from completely different parts of the world, plus BTW is pretty good too!
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? Big PvPvE areas with puzzles and refreshing chests, this was on my previous server, Abeocraft.
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Well, I am a member of my school's Combined Cadet Force (specifically the Navy Section) but no real service.
DaDodsworth

Post by DaDodsworth »

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes.
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? About 15 minutes with danw3st.
• Where are you from? England.
• How old are you? 17.
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? danw3st said he would sponsor me.
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
• What is your Minecraft Username? DaDodsworth (Dods for short)
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Kerbal Space Program when I have time, also APB: Reloaded when on holiday.
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft? Honestly not bothered, but I think exploring is on top.
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? A couple times a week at the least. Depends on my work load and exam times.
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Evenings UK time, and anytime weekend.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? Played Minecraft and BTW for a long time, so I have a good understanding of the technical parts of the game play, like redstone and mob traps.
• If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? I was a cadet for 3 years in the army section, Didn't achieve a rank higher than cadet due to disagreements between me and a higher rank. However I did teach around 50 14-15 year old's how to use the cadet rifle.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Charzy

The age limit is meant as a detterant. We have recruited a couple of very bright teenagers before. We'll keep doing it this way for a time as it seems to have worked before. Thank you for the suggestions.

Jecowa.

It is unfortunate that you can't didn't read. Every time we kicked you it was becasue you decided that you would rather explore our world rather than our town. It's just a regular minecraft world you can generate one yourself and explore it if you would like. After the third time we banned you. We told you all this in the messages when we kicked and banned you.

===

As to the other two, you who put in apps, I hope to see you in game.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

We found a hardcore cheater

"serjo43"

He is banned now. He was able to change his game mode, break equipment and steal from players, and murder animals. I want the community to know about this dick so he is treated as pariah. NOTHING about our post says this is an anarchy server, and he broke our system for accepting players into our fold.

Thatisall.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Incomitatum wrote:We found a hardcore cheater

"serjo43"

He is banned now. He was able to change his game mode, break equipment and steal from players, and murder animals. I want the community to know about this dick so he is treated as pariah. NOTHING about our post says this is an anarchy server, and he broke our system for accepting players into our fold.

Thatisall.
He has become a recent problem on these forums. I assumed he had left for good, otherwise I would have warned you.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

He has been banned from this forum multiple times I believe.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Thank you all for the support and well wishes. We can't catch them all the time and it only take one dweeb like this to upset the apple-cart.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Incomitatum wrote:It is unfortunate that you can't didn't read. Every time we kicked you it was becasue you decided that you would rather explore our world rather than our town. It's just a regular minecraft world you can generate one yourself and explore it if you would like. After the third time we banned you. We told you all this in the messages when we kicked and banned you.
I was looking around the maze. Maybe you had me confused with someone else. I never strayed far from the maze.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

I'd like to welcome DaDodsworth into the fold. He passed the interview, was vouched for, and has received probationary Player status. Welcome to our family, I hope you are a great addition to the Kingdom.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

-Yes
-I walked around the main settlement for a bit
-Lithuania
-Male
-Ferrus.Manus
-Don't have any other games that I really play regularly (other than MC)
-I tend to do all things, though building is probably the most fun part
-Depends, but usually I should be play at least several hour per day (though I may don't be on for few day and then spend half a day playing in the weekend and such)
-I know my way around MC/BtW, I try to be polite to others and i dont spik lik dis, kk?
prodofpersia

Post by prodofpersia »

Hello! I would like to send in my application:

Have you READ everything before this: Yes, I have.
How long have you spent looking around The Mothership: I have been looking around for about thirty minutes.
Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom): Pittsburgh, PA
How old are you: 22
What gender do you wish to be know by: Male
What is your Minecraft Username: merrell217
What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis: I play SWTOR, Wizard101, Runescape, and many Xbox games.
What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger): I normally like to be the independent farmer, who sells crops for a living.
If you are added, how often do you intend to be on: From thirty minutes to two hours a day.
What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play: I often play around seven o'clock PM in PA.
Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State: Honestly, I think I will be just like a normal player, who likes a good time playing with friends. I don't think
you will find anything special about me, I am just a man who likes Minecraft roll-play, and Better than Wolves.
I hope to see you on the server! Thanks for reading!
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I was looking at the GLOBAL ban list in another thread and was surprised to find somebody was banned for "exploring". This doesn't seem to be an explicit rule in the OP, in fact i can't find it mentioned at all but in later replies. Is this something that is explained when you enter the server ?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:I was looking at the GLOBAL ban list in another thread and was surprised to find somebody was banned for "exploring". This doesn't seem to be an explicit rule in the OP, in fact i can't find it mentioned at all but in later replies. Is this something that is explained when you enter the server ?
Note that the person banned was also the author for that thread. I'd suggest asking specifically why that user was banned (jecowa). I'd also be interested in knowing that myself.
Sneak_E_One

Post by Sneak_E_One »

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? .. I'm locked in, so no exploring yet.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Texas
• How old are you? 26
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? Me
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
• What is your Minecraft Username? Sneak_E_One
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? None just Minecraft
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? A little bit of everything..
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? I will be on for a few hours, pretty much every night.
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I work as a programmer from 8:00am to 5:00pm, so evening times prob aft 6:30 ish.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I see that there is a large military influence on the system, My father was Air Force for 8 years, and my Current employer is ex-special ops. I also deal with Sheriff offices often (work). I understand the military form and when I join a server, I am dedicated to the server.

I look forward to exploring and building great structures with the community on the server.