Embirrim's Server: Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
embirrim

Embirrim's Server: Closed

Post by embirrim »

I created this world back in August, with the simple mindset of building the ultimate BTW factory, using every single piece of machinery available, every system, and have them all come together. However, due to RL, university, and FC putting out updates so frequently =), this has become impractical. With BTW SMP, I think it is possible that we work together to achieve such a thing.
Server Videos
Show
Server Details
Server IP: 3044.mc.multiplaygameservers.com or 3044.mc.mpgs.co ("Embirrim's Server" is the name, for now)
Difficulty is set to Hard, HCB is on. Hardcore Buoy is ON, we redesigned our contraptions. All future builds will include it, along with HCB. HEE is off, as it is a creative server it allows people to share resources at long distances. Hardcore spawn is off, I don't think it fits well with the spirit of the server, even though I'm an adept of HC changes.
Server is being hosted on multiplay.co.uk, server is in London and has 1Gb dedicated ram.

Server Rules
This is NOT an anarchy server, PVP is on but just for the fun of it.
Do not destroy other people's creations, although if you want to improve them feel free to do so (with the creator's approval). If anybody does anything really unacceptable to the world, I will not hesitate to roll back the server. I am a beguiner at server admining, but I know how to look at server logs, ban players and restore backups.
Please keep true to the server idea with your buildings.

Server Plans (I'll try to be online to show people around on their first join; if not, just follow the path to the main island)
My original spawn was the island you begin on, which I have expanded to house all my small projects and the start of the first tower. Please don't dig random holes in the ground, I quite like that the original island is still clearly visible. If you feel like expanding, lava on the water is an easy to do it=D. Also, if we could keep the mainland sort of clean and hole free, I'd appreciate it.

Buildings can be connected by minecarts, but this is only an idea. The basic thought to follow is to build vertically, not horizontally: Reeds-Sugar-Kibble-Pigs-Talow is an example of something I am working on. Use this thread to discuss your ideas for future builds with other players.
Think of this as your single-player world where you have friends helping you build; we're all working towards the same goal, which is to have the ultimate factory, to use every system provided by vanilla and BTW and to connect them.

Just to give everybody an idea of how things can progress, mob trap drops can be processed, split the bonemeal for kibble and a wheat farm, use the wheat for cow breeding, have dogs tanning leather with the cows meat as food, etc. As you can see the automation potential is greatly increased when you are able to connect everything up.

Current projects
Read the signs by spawn.
Nether rail: A lot of iron is needed. If you play on the server, please mine occasionally, and divert some of the obtained iron to the nether.
Wheat farm: integrated with bonemeal, it'll be amazing. There's plenty of seeds, and the bone output from the mobtrap is already humungous.
Nether builds: This includes stuff related with chickens, pigmen farm, urn factory, blaze drop/exp farm, anything you can think of.
If you have suggestions say so and I'll write them all down here.

If you are interested in looking at the Server Album, here is a link.

Happy playing everybody.
Last edited by embirrim on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Detaction

Re: Embirrim's Server: Quest for the ultimate factory

Post by Detaction »

i would like to join! ign:soccer_player_03
please whitelist me! (im terrible at making usernames)
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Great idea! I would love to help. IGN:weldaSB

I probably can't come on for awhile, but i can pop in and help in my free time.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

weldaSB wrote:Great idea! I would love to help. IGN:weldaSB
Whitelisted! Good thing you like it! I'll try and have the server on as much as possible.
Detaction wrote:i would like to join! ign:soccer_player_03
You probably shouldn't join the forums just to ask for whitelists. I will add you, but maybe try and integrate with the community a little.
Detaction

Post by Detaction »

ok. im gonna try.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Detaction wrote:ok. im gonna try.
Also, when you can, tell me if you can join!
Detaction

Post by Detaction »

is server up currently? because when i try to join it says connection refused
tomato3017

Post by tomato3017 »

Thats a private ip. You need to post your public ip and make sure that the server port on your router/firewall is open.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Count me in! username: duartemad
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

tomato3017 wrote:Thats a private ip. You need to post your public ip and make sure that the server port on your router/firewall is open.
Thank you. Still working on the firewall, but the IP should be working now. Slight misunderstanding as I'd only tested it on my own network.

EDIT: added duartemad. And you're from Portugal too!
Last edited by embirrim on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomato3017

Post by tomato3017 »

Please add me to the whitelist.

IGN:tomato3017
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

embirrim wrote:
tomato3017 wrote:Thats a private ip. You need to post your public ip and make sure that the server port on your router/firewall is open.
Thank you. Still working on the firewall, but the IP should be working now. Slight misunderstanding as I'd only tested it on my own network.

EDIT: added duartemad.
Thank you!
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

tomato3017 wrote:Please add me to the whitelist.

IGN:tomato3017
Added.

There have been some problems with spawn protection that I was not aware of, I will try and resolve those tomorrow. To those who came, thanks! Server will be up tomorrow afternoon after I solve these issues. If anybody knows how to change spawn point in SMP so as to change spawn protection area, I'd be very happy if you could help.
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-nbtexplorer/

download this, extract to a folder and run. press the open key and find the file for your server's world. the spawn coordinates are in there.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Twololcats

Post by Twololcats »

Looks like fun, I think I'll join
IGN: Twololcats
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Twololcats wrote:Looks like fun, I think I'll join
IGN: Twololcats
Added.

Fixed the spawn problem, thanks for the help weldaSB! Server is now online.

Currently I'm working on a small path from spawn to the island, then I'll continue with the chicken farm. Whoever wants to start on anything go ahead. Mob farm would be a good idea, we'll light up caves as we go along.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I can't get SMP working anymore, but I'd like to give this server a try once I fix it.

IGN: itamarcu.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Itamarcu wrote:I can't get SMP working anymore, but I'd like to give this server a try once I fix it.

IGN: itamarcu.
It shall be a pleasure to have you on the server!
Groenteman

Post by Groenteman »

Sounds like what I do in single player with people to show it off to. Im in if you got room. IGN: Groenteman

Also I shamelessly made this account for whitelists ;)
Up untill now I prefered not to spoil machine solutions for myself, half the fun is in discovering and exprimenting for me, hence I havnt been on here too much.
Inatun

Post by Inatun »

I would like to join as well. I like the whole environment of a friendly server community but this time I get to do something more productive than sell records.

IGN: Inatun
Rianaru wrote:As always, your updates drag us kicking and screaming towards our enjoyment. Bravo, sir.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

I'd like to join as well! IGN: sgtchuckle117
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Groenteman wrote:Up untill now I prefered not to spoil machine solutions for myself, half the fun is in discovering and exprimenting for me, hence I havnt been on here too much.
Yes, but you can still experiment on the server. I encourage each person to have their own builds and to improve on other peoples' ones.

Added the above three. Server will be online for the whole day.
Groenteman

Post by Groenteman »

Cant get it to connect right. Server listed with a ping around 1200ms, and while I can at first connect I end up in some big black darkness and lose connection a few moments later.

Could be something wrong on my end though. I havnt played SMP in allmost a year.
PanzerDivisional

Post by PanzerDivisional »

yh sounds great i'd love to join IGN highflyer88
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

I'll add panzer once I get home.
Groenteman wrote:Cant get it to connect right. Server listed with a ping around 1200ms, and while I can at first connect I end up in some big black darkness and lose connection a few moments later.
I saw you connected some 4 hours ago, and what listed on my end was that you weren't whitelisted. I checked and you were, so I restarted the server in the meantime. If you are still getting high ping values, it is either a problem on your end or the server is just too far away. GMT(+0), Portugal. If you're from USA or something, high ping values are to be expected.