New Release! (Version 2.90)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (Version 2.90)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 2.90 of Better Than Wolves if ready for download!

Download Link

This version contains the following changes:

-Added a pottery system.

-Added a ton of other stuff I'll let you guys figure out on your own :)

-Added support for the Minecraft Forge. Note that you will now have to install the Forge for the mod to function. ( Forge Link )

----------------

In other words guys, I'm about to split for a couple of weeks on vacation, and am leaving you with a bunch of new stuff to discover on your own :)

The only hint I am going to give you is the following screen-shot:

Other than that, you're on your own!

Enjoy :)
Battosay

Re: New Release! (Version 2.90)

Post by Battosay »

Holly .... fuckin' ... shit ....
I saw what you did there.
And here I was, going to sleep. No way now.

Thanks a lot bro !
And enjoy your vacation, you deserve it :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Holly .... fuckin' ... shit ....
I saw what you did there.
And here I was, going to sleep. No way now.

Thanks a lot bro !
And enjoy your vacation, you deserve it :)
Lol! Thank you sir, and hope you enjoy it :)

I warn you, it's a VERY different release from what is typical for Better Than Wolves ;)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Age of wood -> age of pottery?

Looks fun though. Finally something to do with clay ^.^
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Pottery?!! *squeals* That sure as hell looks like a kiln to me! I can't wait to see what we can do with this!

Pretty pots... dye pots? Colored pottery.... ceramics... useful in forging ;) Oh dear. *squeals*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

Oh oh oh can i make a flower pot??? I want a flower pot!!! ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gdnite wrote:Oh oh oh can i make a flower pot??? I want a flower pot!!! ;)
Didn't I just go on about that fucking flower pot idea in the interview? :)
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

What i can see you sneaking a planter in there =D
blithen

Post by blithen »

...Fuck. The forge(Or at least I'm assuming that's what is doing it.) Fucks up the sprites on the other mod I have installed.
Other than that, great job man! :D
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Isn't it cute.
Spoiler
Show
Robilar

Post by Robilar »

And here I was, thinking I had something planned in 11 hours time. Flower, I swear you know just when to release updates to keep us from ever considering other mods.

Thanks for the update, and you enjoy your very well deserved time off.

I'll be in my (Minecraft) basement trying to glue bricks to everything.
FlowerChild wrote:FUCK MAN! WHAT WE GOING TO DO NOW! WE'RE IN SOME REALLY PRETTY SHIT!!!

<dakka dakka>
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

FlowerChild wrote:Didn't I just go on about that fucking flower pot idea in the interview? :)
And suddenly, I understand that 'where the sun don't shine' is in a cave!

/missing the point, but puts a hundred planters in a cave anyways

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

Have a very nice vacation dude you really deserve it!
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

So, a few questions.

1. Has anyone figured out how to make the crucible?
2. Has anyone figured out if the vases can be dyed? What about dung?
3. Has anyone figured out to make steel?
4. How do I get the pottery system started? I've tried to copy FC's image, but seem to be stuck.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Alright after some fiddling around i figured out how to get the pottery stuff started. If you want to figure it out yourself don't click the spoiler.

as for steel, I haven't figured that out yet.
Spoiler
Show

put an unfired pot in the kiln to make a crucible. etc.
yes, that is a stoked fire.
However, I don't quite understand the vase just yet...

If anyone has figured anything else out let me know.
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Okay, so vases can be dyed. Vases will be destroyed like glass when broken. I placed a flower in the vase, but nothing changed graphically. The flower was returned when the vase was broken.

Haven't figured out how to use the crucible.

The planter can hold flowers and will likely be able to hold the cactus plant as well. Don't know if cactus will pop if placed next to each other as when placed on sand. Planter can also hold saplings and saplings will grow into trees.

Edit: I did try to use a stoked fire on the crucible, but no luck. I tried the vase, some clay balls, and clay blocks inside the crucible.
Last edited by PatrickSJ on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Sweet, a new update! I'm still installing it and forge so I haven't been able to try it out yet but it sounds intriguing. Is there a way to make clay or do we still need to find it lying around?

Enjoy your holiday Flower, you've definitely earned it! :D
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Ah. I've not figured out the minimum number if brick blocks needed to register the space as a kiln, but I know that you need at least 1 under the pottery, 1 to left, 1 to right, and 1 underneath. It seems the corners of the 3x3x3 space may not be needed. However, to catch the pottery after it fires it would also be good to 1 in front.

Crucible probably also gives Steel. Haven't been able to get that to work nor glass.

Edit: Another possibility is that the crucible will act as furnace that is always lit so long as you have a stoked fire. Haven't been to get that to happen, but since I can't get the crucible to work in any way it is not confirmation that such an ability is missing.

Edit2: 3 Iron Ingots + 1 Nethercoal in the Crucible = 4 Steel.
Last edited by PatrickSJ on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

I've solved the Riddle of Steel! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

More seriously:

Crucible sitting IN a stoked fire (in other words, don't put it right above the two blocks of the stoked fire - put it where the second block of fire would be). Then add at least 3 iron and a piece of nether coal. 3 iron, 1 nethercoal = 4 steel.

The steel can be used to make tools just like diamond etc would be, but they seem to be slightly more powerful than the diamond equivalent.
blithen

Post by blithen »

Wow...this update has FLOORED me, I wasn't expecting this AT ALL. I love flower so fucking much. Holy crap. I just wish he would tell us exactly how strong the steel weapons are. They do seem to be slight stronger then diamond though.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

The vase seems to act like a one-item chest. You can put ANYTHING in it. And then you can break it to get the item out.

It looks like every single type of plant in minecraft can be put into the planter. I haven't tested it, but this might be a way to grow things in the nether, and considering the idea of a planter box and its use in the nether was brought up already in the suggestion topic here, this might be a use.

Using CJB Moreinfo, I found that steel tools have 2251 uses, compared to the 1500 something uses of diamond tools. The steel pickaxe goes through cobblestone and Redstone ore Very quickly compared to other tools. The steel sword, even though it is called the long sword, doesn't seem to have an extended range, but it can kill a tamed wolf with one hit. >:)
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
blithen

Post by blithen »

darahalian wrote:The vase seems to act like a one-item chest. You can put ANYTHING in it. And then you can break it to get the item out.

It looks like every single type of plant in minecraft can be put into the planter. I haven't tested it, but this might be a way to grow things in the nether, and considering the idea of a planter box and its use in the nether was brought up already in the suggestion topic here, this might be a use.

Using CJB Moreinfo, I found that steel tools have 2251 uses, compared to the 1500 something uses of diamond tools. The steel pickaxe goes through cobblestone and Redstone ore Very quickly compared to other tools. The steel sword, even though it is called the long sword, doesn't seem to have an extended range, but it can kill a tamed wolf with one hit. >:)
Could you tell us how much damage they do with that program you speak of?
Also, stuff growing in the nether(I used bone meal, Ghasts were raping me so I had to it quickly):
Spoiler
Show
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

blithen wrote: Could you tell us how much damage they do with that program you speak of?
It doesn't tell you the actual damage done to entities, I don't think. Just the number of uses the tool you're using has left. The steel sword does do a little more damage than the diamond one though.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I did a quick test against peaceful mobs, they all die with one hit.

In other news, so far I've made my structure circle between a cauldron, a kiln and a crucible by pressing a button. This is not optimal though so I'm now working on an automated kiln and an automated crucible. I woke up not that long ago and haven't had any morning coffee yet so I'm certain my systems will take some time :P
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Awesome. Will play around with this when I have time tomorrow.

This will complicate making my recipe list I see, since the kiln is a 3D construction. Hmm...