MediateCraft - messages for all

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
utakataJ6

Re: MediateCraft v1.52...

Post by utakataJ6 »

I really do appreciate that. At the very least, with what I've already got done, I can probably release a version for Vanilla 1.42 soon. At that point LAN play should be stable, too.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Guess what? Isabella II now supports MediateCraft! Well, at least a little bit. :/
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

That is some beautiful work. As of the next release, I'm going to link to your thread from my OP.
Speaking of that next release, I'm taking a break for a week - SP is still working as well as ever in 1.3.2 but MCP for 1.4.2 is kindof wonky. So I'm going to wait until BTW updates for 1.4.4 to release a new version.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Utakata: Just a brief mention that in 1.4.5, I needed to move the hook for the number of villager types into EntityVillager due to changes Mojang made.

Just wanted to let you know as something to keep in mind when you port over.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

I appreciate the heads-up, FC.

I've been away from computers for most of the past week, but I've carefully watched most of what is happening in vMC and BTW. I have a few things planned now that 1.4 is "stable" and 1.4.6 is "not happening." But as before, anything can happen. I'm set to try decompiling again for 1.4.5 late monday. The results of that will basically determine what happens before Christmas.
morvelaira:
flowerchild:
DerelectFortune

Post by DerelectFortune »

Anyone else getting a black screen after installation and initiation
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

It´s not 1.4.5... yet.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
DerelectFortune

Post by DerelectFortune »

oh herp derp
utakataJ6

Mediate - closed until further notice

Post by utakataJ6 »

Alright everyone, here's the word. I'm taking a big break from MeC. The primary reason is not time commitment or decompiling difficulty; rather, here it is.

Flowerchild's addressed most of the things I wanted to see in minecraft in a satisfactory way, and I no longer think it's worth the effort to plug away at things like my chemistry system when BTW has already incorporated my favorite missing elements - exclusive marble, dangerous reactions, additional uses for ingame items, etc.

By the last few updates, completely without any fault of FC, I felt like I was beginning to have to compromise about elements I didn't really care about - for example, the introduction of Better Explosives basically duplicated many chemicals I was using, in a much more efficient manner. As this idea has continued to crop up, I believe it's time to leave fixing vMC to the master.

I'll still be around, and I may change my mind once the extended IDs roll around, but for now this is the word. I have no opposition to someone taking up the mod, but only if they felt able to code in multiplayer - a significant flaw of mine.

To Flowerchild: I heartily approve of anything you choose to incorporate in any way, but honestly we all know you're the head kahuna when it comes to developement. If I do bring back MeC, it will probably only be based on the cotton elements or the starting game, which I do still think are useful.

-Utak
morvelaira:
flowerchild:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: MediateCraft - messages for all

Post by FlowerChild »

Seriously man, my apologies if you felt in any way pushed out of this by my own feature development. I realize you're saying above that this wasn't my fault, but unfortunately it's very hard to continue developing BTW without potential crossing into the same territory as add-ons.

If it's any consolation, I certainly wasn't using your add-on as reference with the above moves, I was just developing in the directions I thought best for btw based on my own ideas.

Regardless, I do not feel good about you winding up in such a position.