Disappearing Gear Box & Disappearing Hemp?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
fredk

Disappearing Gear Box & Disappearing Hemp?

Post by fredk »

As the title says I'm having issues with both hemp plants and gear boxes disappearing. I've tried to be cognizant of the common causes of these things, but I can't diagnose either issue.

1. Gear Box - This is part of a complicated mechanism that runs both my grindstone and my rendering cauldron. I don't think this is fire related as this disappearance was still occurring when the fire pit was a single Hibachi and not the 9x9 setup. It tends to run for a day or two and then I come back and the gearbox is gone.

The only other thing I could think of is that since it is part of a timing mechanism with a turntable that runs the bellows maybe the constant shutting on and off breaks it? But why would it be this particular box break when it is so far down the line?
Spoiler
Show
2. The Hemp - I have a pretty standard hemp manual harvest hemp farm, picture below. I only harvest the top stalk. I always sneak while harvesting so I'm not trampling. My green house should be animal proof. Despite all of that, generally when I harvest one to two hemp plants disappear. Any thoughts? Is it intended behavior?
Spoiler
Show
HavokSCOUT

Re: Disappearing Gear Box & Disappearing Hemp?

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I'd say put a wood plank on the gear box that's disappearing. If it is the hibachi setting the gearbox on fire, then the wood plank should also catch fire and disappear.
EDIT: As for the hemp plants, do you have all of the requirements for it to grow, i.e. light and water?
And what do you mean"disappears"? Did you plant it and when you came back, it was gone?
Last edited by HavokSCOUT on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Hemp has quite a tall 'box' around it that can be hit; you may just be breaking the bottom part of the plant behind the one you're harvesting by accident.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
fredk

Post by fredk »

HavokSCOUT wrote:I'd say put a wood plank on the gear box that's disappearing. If it is the hibachi setting the gearbox on fire, then the wood plank should also catch fire and disappear.
EDIT: As for the hemp plants, do you have all of the requirements for it to grow, i.e. light and water?
And what do you mean"disappears"? Did you plant it and when you came back, it was gone?
Nice diagnostic idea on the gearbox, I'll try that and report tomorrow.

As for the hemp plant, I mean I come back to harvest and I notice where there used to be a hemp plant there is just bare tilled ground, although I'm willing to accept Stormweaver's thought that maybe it is just operator error. The gear box is the thing really vexing me right now.
Sajuuk

Post by Sajuuk »

The gear box does look too close to the flames. Just doing the corner on the opposite side would be an easy test. I've had my roof catch fire even though there was a bunch of stone between the cauldron and it- so I started sinking that stuff deeper into the floor to further isolate it, myself.

I can't really tell from that image of the hemp but it does not look like there isn't a light block directly above it. I mean, I can see the inside corner of what seems to be a hollow space above it. Perhaps it's simply the image, and that wouldn't explain a second plant going missing as you said one to two.
[ IGN = Herpingderp ]
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Do you have any other mods installed?
I had this problem once with Nature Overhaul, because the decaying plants option made the hemp decay too and therefore disappear on random spots.
Are the disappearing hemp plants always the same ones or are they in different spots?
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Agreeing with the gearbox catching fire.

I also have issues with hemp disappearing from auto hempfarms just thought it was something to do with natural overhaul .
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
fredk

Post by fredk »

Ok, it is the gearbox catching fire - I didn't realize the cauldron could burn something that far away - thanks for the info on that.

As for the hemp, I do use Nature Overhaul...anyone found any solutions? I'm assuming turning one of the options to "Death:No" would do it? I'm just not sure if hemp would be a sapling or a tree, etc.

Also, thanks very much to everyone for taking the time to reply.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Fire spreads up to 4 blocks far, be careful
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx