Lifewaters BTW Server: lifewater.kicks-ass.net (whitelisted)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
lifeiwater

Lifewaters BTW Server: lifewater.kicks-ass.net (whitelisted)

Post by lifeiwater »

I am currently no longer adding people to the whitelist as we are quite full at peak hours. Sorry folks, please try some of the other SMP servers available. As people lose interest naturally over time and stop logging in I will open the list again.

Some of you know me from IRC, if not, well hello there. I'm a big fan of the mod and have been eagerly awaiting SMP play. I've opened a BTW server and I would like to invite you all to join me.

Server Info:
Six core AMD Bulldozer
16GB RAM
60GB SSD, 1TB Backup storage
This box is in my home, hosted on a 25/25 verizon FIOS connection, and it is a dedicated box, meaning nothing else is run on here except minecraft.

Server IP: lifewater.kicks-ass.net
Difficulty: Hard
HCB: Disabled
(The BTW config is default)
At some point the world will be run in RAM and rsynced every 5-15 minutes, for those that understand what that is. But thats when I get to it.

This is -not- an anarchy server so please treat everyone with respect and don't destroy others property. Lets just all act like adults and play nice ok?

If this type of thread is unwanted, please delete, and my apologizes.

Hope to see you there :)

Thanks,
Joe
Last edited by lifeiwater on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
weldaSB

Re: BTW Server

Post by weldaSB »

Let me ask: anarchy or protected?
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

This had better be anarchy. ;D
Noodlestein

Post by Noodlestein »

It's most definitely not anarchy.

At least that's what Life said on the server.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Excited!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

Everything seems to be going well, only a couple missing diamonds so far.
And lots of people dying. :P
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

I'll probably try and get on later today, rather looking forward to it. I just wish I could get on now, but heading out for a bit.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
SpaceGuyR

Post by SpaceGuyR »

Very good, everybody on is friendly but there seems to be a griefer or some kind of bug already - A couple other people had their penned animals killed and in a 20 minute break offline half my wheat had gone, holes in a floor looking for hidden things, chickens/wolves dead and a double-chest destroyed. Strangely all the drops were left on the ground so I don't know?
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Does anyone know a block auditing tool for vMC? I'm much more familiar with Craftbukkit servers, which is obviously has many administration plugins. Otherwise we just need to catch them red-handed. Either that or we randomly ban people and see if we see a reduction in crime :P
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Or you go full anarchy :p
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

thekyz wrote:Or you go full anarchy :p
I'd rather white-list a handful of good people then go anarchy and let a bunch of spiteful kids run around ruining everyone's fun.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I will be playing this so hard!

...When I get off of work -.-
*sigh*
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Sounds fun. I respect your decision for not going full anarchy, but I feel you might not understand the full sentiment of the community here. To some(maybe most) ppl on this forum having ppl run around blowing things up is their definition of fun. Makes them think on how to better protect their stuff and it is soooooo satisfying to outsmart a griefer.

But a relaxed co-op game is nice too.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I think that both have their place. I certainly plan to play on both, but maybe they should be one or the other. And if the owner of the server doesn't want it to be an anarchy server with greifers everywhere, the players should probably respect that.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

I might drop in to see what all the multiplayer fuss is about, if only because my g/f works today and somehow BTW just isn't as much fun singleplayer anymore. :p
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

I'll be there for sure :)
mattizcool

Post by mattizcool »

Once I get my shitty internet's ping from 1500 to 20, then I will possibly join the server.
FlowerChild wrote:Hookers and blow! WOOT!!!!
devak

Post by devak »

I love it, but please whitelist it. A guy called Highflyer griefed the crap out of it
Dr Ug

Post by Dr Ug »

Needs whitelist, or at least a few admins who can ban tools like highflyer. Griefed the crap out of the server.
Petri_Man

Post by Petri_Man »

Somebody by the name of 'Highflyer88' has griefed our base. He has likely griefed in other places, hence him having iron armour when we met eachother at spawn. He destroyed the whole camp and lit several people on fire, therefore I think this server needs Administrators, so that this kind of thing will not happen in the future. Either this, or Whitelist people into the server so people like this do not run around lighting things on fire. So can either you or some recruited people please monitor. Thanks.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Petri_Man wrote:Somebody by the name of 'Highflyer88' has griefed our base. He has likely griefed in other places, hence him having iron armour when we met eachother at spawn. He destroyed the whole camp and lit several people on fire, therefore I think this server needs Administrators, so that this kind of thing will not happen in the future. Either this, or Whitelist people into the server so people like this do not run around lighting things on fire. So can either you or some recruited people please monitor. Thanks.
I'll second this guy. Highflyer88 needs a permaban.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Sorry guys. This kind of stuff is unavoidable. I will look at this when I get home from work. Please be patient.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Wow, that's quite a beastly server you are hosting this on,but I think I'll wait till the greifing issue everybody is talking about is resolved before I venture into it.
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

Well, whitelist is up, but he hasn't added anyone yet near as I can tell.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

Whitelist is up, I tried to add as many people as I could. If I missed you please just respond here and let me know.