Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.5.2] [BTW 4.A4]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.10]

Post by Anbaric »

Husbag3 wrote:This add-on has brought Isabella straight to the top of my favourite texture packs. Keep up the good work!
Awesome! That gives me the motivation I needed to keep going on the items. No longer will you have to suffer invisible Rotten arrows or Screws. (When I finish them anyway...)
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Coldrocker

Post by Coldrocker »

Keep up the great work, this is my favorite texture pack for BTW. It really fits the whole mechanical feel of the mod.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Coldrocker wrote:Keep up the great work, this is my favorite texture pack for BTW. It really fits the whole mechanical feel of the mod.
Lol, Thanks man

Wondering how people like the alternate wood plank tectures I've put in. If it is liked, I'll change all mod blocks to fit. If not, I'll revert, but keep this version for myself. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Added about more items, including rotted arrows and the screw. No more invisible items!
Things about me.
Show
3:
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Awesome man :) Thank you.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Awesome :D
Quality comes before quantity.
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.13]

Post by Anbaric »

Ribky wrote:Awesome man :) Thank you.
ThatOneDude wrote:Awesome :D
More love! ^_^ Thanks, Guys.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Herr Derp

Post by Herr Derp »

Thanks so much for keeping this updated. Beautiful, really. On wood texture, you've only changed Oak from what I can tell, even though the rest of the wood variations in the inventory look different. I'm not too sure how I feel about it, maybe just because it's new. Part of me likes it because it's rugged and torn. Another part doesn't because it feels a bit too much for a x16, or even just for Isabella.

I'm torn.

Also my battle ax is acting a little fishy. The blades are kind of hovering around. Intentional? Just tried out the animated pack, maybe that's it.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Herr Derp wrote:Thanks so much for keeping this updated. Beautiful, really. On wood texture, you've only changed Oak from what I can tell, even though the rest of the wood variations in the inventory look different. I'm not too sure how I feel about it, maybe just because it's new. Part of me likes it because it's rugged and torn. Another part doesn't because it feels a bit too much for a x16, or even just for Isabella.

I'm torn.

Also my battle ax is acting a little fishy. The blades are kind of hovering around. Intentional? Just tried out the animated pack, maybe that's it.
Wood textures are very important to me, since they are the most varied type of building material. There are like 32 different wood blocks, and they all use the same 8 textures. And that's not even counting the BTW blocks... Anyway, I need wood that looks good, tiles well, and has multiple uses.
Here's what wood looked like before I changed it:
Spoiler
Show
Oak

Birch

Spruce

Jungle
And here's wood after:
Spoiler
Show
Oak

Birch

Spruce

Jungle

And here's one thing I like about these textures. Textured floors!
The battle axe is most definitely intentional, though temporary. I did an animated test with it to see if I could animate a mod added item, and it worked so well I decided to start an animated spree. ^_^ It is forged from the souls of the damned after all, and so, inherently magical. The current animation is just a placeholder, but will be upgraded eventually to be a bit more smooth. I might even make one or both of the blades wink out of existence every once in a while. ;) Eventually I will have all the SFS tools animated to reflect their necrotic nature. I also have a list of other things I want to animate, even mundane stuff like paper and sand. Most of the textures will be animated before I'm done.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Herr Derp

Post by Herr Derp »

Anbaric wrote: Wood textures are very important to me, since they are the most varied type of building material.
Ah thanks! I can see the difference now, don't know what was wrong with me before. Much more varied, I'm really starting to like it.

As for SFS...Well, I'll just see what you do with those. It's certainly interesting and I'm looking forward to the final animations.
Sadat-X

Post by Sadat-X »

Wonderful work here, Anbaric.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new wood planks. The textures don't have a strong linear pattern when used over large areas like the shots below, which can look a bit awkward. But these sort of things come down to personal discretion and the way each player uses different block types... I love what you've done with the rest of the pack, and can easily substitute the old wood textures in myself.

I do like the prospect of parquet floors though.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
The pack is getting a nice polished feel though. Thanks for your hard work!
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Herr Derp wrote:
Anbaric wrote: Wood textures are very important to me, since they are the most varied type of building material.
Ah thanks! I can see the difference now, don't know what was wrong with me before. Much more varied, I'm really starting to like it.

As for SFS...Well, I'll just see what you do with those. It's certainly interesting and I'm looking forward to the final animations.
Nah, nothing wrong with ya, mate. Like Sadat said, it all comes down to personal preference, though I do appreciate you liking them.
Sadat-X wrote:Wonderful work here, Anbaric.

The textures don't have a strong linear pattern when used over large areas like the shots below, which can look a bit awkward.
I do like the prospect of parquet floors though.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
The pack is getting a nice polished feel though. Thanks for your hard work!
Hmm... I'll see if I can change that without ruining the feel. And Thanks!
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Ok. Changed the Oak and Birch planks to be a bit more distinct. Oak now tiles really well, and Birch is more half and half.

Also added a new animation, which in hindsight, was very time wasting of me... No one's ever going to see it now that Hardcore bucket is default....
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.16]

Post by Anbaric »

Updated for BTW 4.16

I also started a changelog, for those who like to see what I actually changed.

Unlike some Packs, the GUI in this one was really easy, and it seems that the hardest part is the items... Of course, I made it worse by starting to animate things...
Here's hoping I can make everything look good.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Alright! Part 1 of Part 1 of my plan is complete!

Anyone who has a successful mob trap may notice a difference of texture in one of the rarer drops. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Just a quick bug report, slabs still have the old wood texture on the top.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Slabs as in Vanilla Slabs? K, will check. Should be done in about 10 hours. ^_^
Sleepy time for me.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

The Ender Spectacle GUI is really bad and makes them useless, more than half of the screen black and the rest is so heavily tinted that you can't really see anything anyway. And it really doesn't fit with the rest of the pack too, the one from Pandoku is much appropriate, it much milder and smoother.
Great job on the rest of the pack though! I especially like the planks, the stone/cobble/stone bricks have fantastic texture in Isabella but its wood planks was too plain and dull for me, I like your much better. Do you plant to re-skin BtW block that uses old plank texture too?
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Husbag3 wrote:Just a quick bug report, slabs still have the old wood texture on the top.
Could you post a picture or two? I can't seem to reproduce this. I probably should start changing the mod blocks, but what you're describing seems more like a bug than just un-finished textures.
Ferrus.Manus wrote:The Ender Spectacle GUI is really bad and makes them useless, more than half of the screen black and the rest is so heavily tinted that you can't really see anything anyway. And it really doesn't fit with the rest of the pack too, the one from Pandoku is much appropriate, it much milder and smoother.
Great job on the rest of the pack though! I especially like the planks, the stone/cobble/stone bricks have fantastic texture in Isabella but its wood planks was too plain and dull for me, I like your much better. Do you plant to re-skin BtW block that uses old plank texture too?
First half makes me cry. T.T
Seriously though, I looked at panda's, and at the default. Both have square blurs, even though the lenses are round. And despite FC saying that they don't allow night vision, I could see quite a bit more when I put them on compared to when I didn't, again, in both cases. That's just the nature of the blur. If it has any color, it overlays it. I purposely made it dark, because it was too easy to see. I mean you are looking through a pearl after all... Scratch that, half a pearl. One eye of ender makes two lenses, correct? Anyway, That's my argument for it. I will try to make it a touch lighter, and the black probably should be changed to gold, but I won't change it too much.

On another note, glad you like the planks. Yes I do plan on skinning all the better than wolves blocks, and wondering if I should make some use other textures of wood... Like a pulley looks like Birch, platforms use Oak, gear boxes use Jungle, things like that. I have another idea for doing that though, so some rounds of testing before I show anything, but I'll share that it uses all four textures. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Sorry if first half sounded harsh, I simply was really enjoying this awesome texture pack (seriuosly, the more I use it the more I like it, everything looks so good in it while it's still nice performance friendly 16x, the first time I saw rain I was awestruck), decided to put ES and went "THE HELL!?". This the only real flaw I found in the pack so it's probably why it ticked me off so much.
However trying to add logic to Minecraft is bad idea (how come Steve can easily carry 44425 metric tons of gold?), FC himself said that "realism" is a bad word, so I disagree with making blur round just because the Ender Eye is round. Also remember they were created to make annoying task of lighting environment up easier/more fun, making them annoying to use kinda goes against their very purpose. Frankly I found the blur on vanilla ES is already annoying, anything more than that is big no-no for me.

That minor (since I can always just copy the blur file from vanilla BtW/other texture packs) issue aside I once again must commend you on your wonderful work on all other aspects of the pack.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:Trying to add logic to Minecraft is bad idea (how come Steve can easily carry 44425 metric tons of gold?), FC himself said that "realism" is a bad word, so I disagree with making blur round just because the Ender Eye is round.
Ok, realism in most of Minecraft is probably a bad idea, I'll give you that. But I like my round lenses.

New release! Bigger lenses, with gold rim. Ferrus.Manus, expect a PM with a link to the pack with a custom, super light (yet still round) blur. Any update I do after, you'll have to copy the blur from this download to the new version.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Yeah, now it's much better (TBH the round frame still bugs me but it's more of an aesthetic than usability issue now). And thanks for going out of the way and making a special version for me. I'm looking forward to see future update to this!
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.20]

Post by Anbaric »

Sorry for the long wait guys, suddenly had lots of shifts at work.

Updated for BTW 4.20!

I finally updated the wooden blocks, They should blend nicely now. Still debating making some of them out of different kinds of wood...

No new animations yet, it takes a long time to do something like that for me, not sure how panda does it...
Things about me.
Show
3:
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Thank you good sir
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Husbag3 wrote:Just a quick bug report, slabs still have the old wood texture on the top.
After watching the genius Morvelaira's livestream, I found the problem! Thanks Morvy!

Husbag? Expect a fix soon. ^_^
Ribky wrote:Thank you good sir
You are most welcome, good sir.
Things about me.
Show
3: