Large Biome Seeds for BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TheAnarchitect

Large Biome Seeds for BTW

Post by TheAnarchitect »

All right, so the "Large Biome" feature for terrain generation has been interesting several of us, especially those who intend to start a new world for the new update. However, given that actually having wolves is fairly important to the BTW tech tree, large biomes makes where you start a lot more important. Searching for a good world gen is my least favorite part of minecraft, and so I was hoping we could start a collection of our best BTW seeds for large biomes.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Fozzel

Re: Large Biome Seeds for BTW

Post by Fozzel »

Doesn't having a perfect starting location kind of defeat the object of large biomes? Part of what makes large biomes what they are is the way you have to explore much more than you would otherwise to find each resource, etc.
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

The seed I'm using right now starts me on the edge of a desert and a little forest area, I'm still looking for wolves...
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I would like to know the average distance a large biome player has to travel to find their first mushroom biome and get 1 mycelium block for spores. I found mine about a month ago and had to explore quite a lot.
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

"So Picky" for all the tundra lovers :)
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

Hey! I have a seed that I'm using, starts you out on the border of a forest and a desert, has two villiages, a desert temple, and wolves within walking distance!
Seed~-6449112735938614855
Spoiler
Show
ImageThis is the first village. There's a couple that sell 4 bread for one emerald, 8 apples for one emerald, and someone that buys 19 wheat for one emerald.
Spoiler
Show
ImageThe second village. Haven't played much with this one.
Spoiler
Show
ImageThis is the temple. It's messed up because I started canabalizing it for sandstone. It had some flesh, a couple diamonds, and some wheat in the one chest I opened. Damn TNT...
Spoiler
Show
Image The beginning of a GIANT Taiga biome! HUGE! I pulled sixty wolves out of here!
And BONUS-
Spoiler
Show
Image This scar goes down deep, down to about 12. Very nice.
Locations as follows in X/Y/Z format-
Villiage 1~113/70/66
Villiage 2~-201/69/219
Temple~43/75/234
Taiga~1155/64/96
Scar~881/66/91

I hope everyone enjoys!

Edit=Supertard forgot to put the seed...
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

"to travle the stars" (note the spelling error) is pretty nice. it's a giant extreme hills biome
foreman

Post by foreman »

I've been using "Exile"

Spawn is Jungle/Extreme Hills with a chasm right across the water from spawn that has a couple of spawners (zombie and skeleton) in the caves around it and it is a slime spawning chunk also. There is a desert with a village nearby as well.

I located Tundra on the positive z axis (around 400z) and found some wolves (took a bit of wandering, but they're there).
ZeroKnight

Post by ZeroKnight »

DocHussey wrote: -snip-
That seed is much better than you think, I found four desert villages and three desert temples. Not hard to find if you use rei's map.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

What i really hate is that large biomes lowers the chance of finding that damn mushroom island :/ but with BTW it shouldent be a problem, but its really nice to have a nice mushroom island :P maybe someone has or could find such a seed with mushroom biome nearby :D i guess its really low chance xD
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

ZeroKnight wrote:
DocHussey wrote: -snip-
That seed is much better than you think, I found four desert villages and three desert temples. Not hard to find if you use rei's map.
I do use Rei's, but the only thing I use it for is waypoints. I'm a horrible person for even that.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Ok man i got one that will knock your socks off. First off you start infront of a village in a plains, if you go to it you can see in one direction....BAM mushroom biome! and this sucker is big!!! Turn around and BAMM Forest with some wolfy friends, look the other 2 directions and you have open plains, lots of cool cave systems and no blacksmith hut in the village you cheaters!

Heres some pics:
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

ok from what i read somewhere i believe the large biomes option makes just much larger versions of the same seed. so i decided to try with my old 1.2 mountain seed and HOLY SMOKES!

the largest and craziest mountains i have yet seen in MC. if your a mountain lover this ones for you. unfortunately i have yet to find the edge of these mountain ranges so i dont know what else is around, but deff worth a look if you like mountains.

the seed is "Seed for the World Generator" (ironic i know, but i love it!)
Psion

Post by Psion »

Has anyone found an extreme hills seed that has a giant sea cave leading out to the ocean? I'd love to have a base hidden away with a harbor that leads out to the sea for exploring, but the rare times i've found overhangs/caves that are connected to the ocean, they're tiny and not really ideal for building a base inside. :s

I had one a loooong time ago but i don't have it anymore ;; lost it on accident when updating.

::Edit:: well now, i didn't find what i was looking for, but i did find a rather EPIC underground area. I think i found a new home :3

Generate structures on, large biomes, and cheats/starter chest enabled, just so i could fly around to scout then change to survival.

Seed: 626711650

I'm not sure where i got this from ^^; but i found it somewhere on web while looking for mountain biomes. Here's some screenshots:

Here we got the first screenshot, showing the coordinates of the first ravine, at roughly x:1200, z: -200. Yes, there's multiples. As you can see, there's a nice lake nearby, and a tundra biome not too far off either, for wolves. \:D/.
Spoiler
Show

Upon entering the first ravine, looking down near the center of it, there's what looks like a cave to the right of a lava flow. entering it leads you directly down into... another ravine!
Spoiler
Show
This second ravine is quite darker.
Spoiler
Show
Head left upon entering the second ravine, and look for this lava flow. there's a cave opposite of it.
Spoiler
Show
Entering the cave and staying to the right (left ends in a dead end area, though its fairly large, suitable for building in) will very quickly lead you to....another ravine! :D
Spoiler
Show
That's intersecting with a second ravine!
Spoiler
Show
There's an abandoned mineshaft that goes across them near the top, and more caves connecting the two, both of which are filled with lava pits at the bottom and have exposed diamonds and emeralds for the plundering. Here's one of the nicer dead end caves i found, and which i shall begin my journey in:
Spoiler
Show
It dead ends to this nice decent sized room with a lava lamp that could be nice for defending:
Spoiler
Show

So, I think i shall start a challenge world here. :3 I'll give myself one each of various saplings, a single grass block, a pumpkin and melon seed, 2 of various animals (not the eggs, but actual animals, so that if i screw up and a creeper kills them, im in trouble), a crappy shack and bed to set my home point in, a single light block and redstone torch to provide light to grow said plants, and then try to survive and take over the underdark on hard mode! :D

::edit2:: lol, I was digging more chambers in my dead end area, going toward the back and left of it. I quickly ran into.... another ravine. <_< This one seems to not have any caves connecting it, but jesus at yet another, thats 5 in a small area lol.
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Panda wrote:Ok man i got one that will knock your socks off. First off you start infront of a village in a plains, if you go to it you can see in one direction....BAM mushroom biome! and this sucker is big!!! Turn around and BAMM Forest with some wolfy friends, look the other 2 directions and you have open plains, lots of cool cave systems and no blacksmith hut in the village you cheaters!

Heres some pics:
Spoiler
Show
Wow Panda, your pics were a bit dark but I decided to try it anyhow, and that is definitely an awesome seed, I think I just found my new world :)
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
shifty

Post by shifty »

Panda wrote:Ok man i got one that will knock your socks off. First off you start infront of a village in a plains, if you go to it you can see in one direction....BAM mushroom biome! and this sucker is big!!! Turn around and BAMM Forest with some wolfy friends, look the other 2 directions and you have open plains, lots of cool cave systems and no blacksmith hut in the village you cheaters!

Heres some pics:
Spoiler
Show
This world is amazing. Definitely my new world. Thanks for the seed!

Edit: the maps I made below are for regular biome size. Woops. It will look the same on large biomes but the placement of villages, strongholds and temples will be different.

Some may consider this cheating but I generated a biome map to get a better look at this world. I've made two images of the biome map, one with stronghold locations and one without (Strongholds appear as a stone brick block).

With strongholds shown:
Spoiler
Show
Without strongholds shown:
Spoiler
Show
devak

Post by devak »

Try the LargeBiomes seed "The Wanted".

Talking about hardcore: you spawn on a tiny island, there's only one tree on an island a bit away and there's just loads and loads of water.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

devak wrote:Try the LargeBiomes seed "The Wanted".

Talking about hardcore: you spawn on a tiny island, there's only one tree on an island a bit away and there's just loads and loads of water.
I tried this start but the nearby island didn't seem to have a tree on it.

It would totally do this as a hardcore survival world, but without that single tree...
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Black Rathalos

Post by Black Rathalos »

Spoiler
Show
this is at x=-389 y=110 (more or less the heigh of the source block) z=-311
the world around the spawn point is a giant mountain streem (large biome) followd by grait plains with some small wood is 'lsands'
I found this while I was looking for a good seed to start my normal BTW world... and as i saw this: "Hey that would be genious for HBC! Let´s share this if someone needs a HBC seed!"
I will maybe use this as well for the HBC world I´m planing to start in a fiew weeks.
Black Rathalos

Post by Black Rathalos »

Black Rathalos wrote:
Spoiler
Show
this is at x=-389 y=110 (more or less the heigh of the source block) z=-311
the world around the spawn point is a giant mountain streem (large biome) followd by grait plains with some small wood is 'lsands'
I found this while I was looking for a good seed to start my normal BTW world... and as i saw this: "Hey that would be genious for HBC! Let´s share this if someone needs a HBC seed!"
I will maybe use this as well for the HBC world I´m planing to start in a fiew weeks.
EDIT: *dude* i forgot the seed: 3495242598467517919
I found this copied the seed and started a new world with the seed and the water is at the same position... so seed is 'true'.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Sorry for not having any pics, but for those snow biome enthusiasts, "maho no sekai" spawns you smack dab in one of the largest snow biomes I have ever seen. Also, if you head in one direction, you'll leave the snow biome and enter a large, you guessed it, ice mountain biome. If you like pumpkins, some are generated extremely close to spawn.

But no, this is not some crappy snowy tundra biome, this is the legit (and rarely seen since beta 1.8 it seems) snow plains biome.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
devak

Post by devak »

MaxAstro wrote:
devak wrote:Try the LargeBiomes seed "The Wanted".

I tried this start but the nearby island didn't seem to have a tree on it.

It would totally do this as a hardcore survival world, but without that single tree...

ah sorry for the vague directions. The island i'm talking about is (when facing the nearby island) to the right.

Oh and it's uber-hardcore. I have explored a 1200 x 1200 block region now, and not a single passive creature.

Can't wait for the ability to teleport creatures by nether....
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Hey guys, I got a much better seed for ya this time. This one is for all you BTW masochists in here.

Seed: "FlowerChild"

Description: you spawn on a small crescent like island in the middle of a giant ocean biome. This island is medium in size, thus facilitating a moderate base to build your base.(sounds funny, but I am using 2 different definitions for 'base') There are a few collections of sand near the water and at one corner of the island, just under the surface is some easily accessible coal. And to top it off, you spawn right next to a small oak tree.

Enjoy!
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
HaloGamefreek

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Gaaahhh!!! I must find a computer on wich i can play minecraft so i can plant my first "FlowerChild" seed!
Heres a seed with an ocean biome at your spawn "101010101010101010101010"