MCEdit noob in need of help

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

MCEdit noob in need of help

Post by FlowerChild »

Arg. Turns out that some of my world got corrupted in the area of my main base while I was working on the new one. I thought that chunk resets would be localized to the new area, but it looks like a few also occurred around my original spawn point

So, after checking through a number of backups, and not finding one that's a reasonable compromise in terms of loss, I'm realizing that for the first time I'm needing to resort to using MCEdit to fix things up.

Can someone point me to the latest version that works under windows? I just downloaded "MCEdit-0.1.2.macosx-10_7-x86_64.zip" from here:

https://github.com/mcedit/mcedit/downloads

But that doesn't appear to work on anything other than Macs, and the previous version which is clearly labeled for windows is from 4 months ago :\
Mr. B

Re: MCEdit noob in need of help

Post by Mr. B »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/138 ... ry17354303

Those are the latest windows binaries that I know of from the MCEdit thread. I can't say whether it works or not.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

That four month old windows version is still fully functional, use it pretty frequently myself and I've never encountered a problem with it even with 1.3.1/1.3.2 maps, it just treats new blocks that have been added the same way it treats mod blocks, never knew about the unofficial update Mr.B just linked, but I know the older one works
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, got the 0.11 version for windows, but it appears buggy as all hell.

I'm trying to extract chunks from an old backup, so I can move them to the new, and soon as I try to extract, I get an error and the thing fails to save :\
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

The Windows version is just a convenience. MCEdit uses Python which is cross-platform in the same fashion as Java. The MCEdit readme on github outlines the install. I can't provide any Windows specific tips as I work on Linux exclusively.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok, got the 0.11 version for windows, but it appears buggy as all hell.

I'm trying to extract chunks from an old backup, so I can move them to the new, and soon as I try to extract, I get an error and the thing fails to save :\
Never actually done it that way myself, always just selected the area I needed to move and exported it as a schematic, then imported it into the new world, you might want to try that?
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ignika42 wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Ok, got the 0.11 version for windows, but it appears buggy as all hell.

Never actually done it that way myself, always just selected the area I needed to move and exported it as a schematic, then imported it into the new world, you might want to try that?
Thanks. Will give it a shot.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

No problem man, happy to help, best of luck with it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ignika42 wrote:No problem man, happy to help, best of luck with it.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!! :)

That did the trick man. Phew. My world really is my baby, and I must admit to being rather out of sorts the past couple of hours since I noticed this.

So happy to have things fixed :)
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Yay! Glad everything worked out :)