I just pre-ordered Borderlands 2

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

I just pre-ordered Borderlands 2

Post by BinoAl »

Can't friggin wait :)
Syruse

Re: I just pre-ordered Borderlands 2

Post by Syruse »

I pre-ordered it not to long ago my self :D

Having player Borderlands 1 for over 500 hours I think its fair to day that I'm pretty freaking excited for Borderlands 2.

With Halo 4 coming out only weeks after Borderlands 2 my computer will be pretty lonely for quite some time. ^_^
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Heh, I got it through steam. My computer will have plenty of company :D
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Yeah, I decided to get my Borderlands 2 for the Xbox. I played the first one on it so it only feels right to play the sequel on the same platform. :P
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I've never really been a fan of console shooters since I started playing them on PC. I think I just lost my skill with the analog stick :0
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Having been a console gamer my whole life, I feel more at home with a controller. But, I can't remember the last time I played a shooter on a console. :S

TF2 has pretty much monopolized my FPS experiences, lol.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Syruse wrote:Having been a console gamer my whole life, I feel more at home with a controller. But, I can't remember the last time I played a shooter on a console. :S

TF2 has pretty much monopolized my FPS experiences, lol.
Same thing with me really, I play Xbox 360 mostly, but I can't get enough of Tribes: Ascend.
It's really good fun and quite fast paced, something that the last few Halo campaigns seem to have been lacking :(
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FurkeyRefills wrote: Same thing with me really, I play Xbox 360 mostly, but I can't get enough of Tribes: Ascend.
It's really good fun and quite fast paced, something that the last few Halo campaigns seem to have been lacking :(
Oh god, Tribes is so much fun :)
Suicide runs to absolutely fuck the enemy flagstand as a grenade spam jamming raider... *quivers in joy*
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I'll be playing it on the PC as well. I just can't play shooters at all without a mouse and since I'm old enough that what twitch reflexes I had are turning to mush, I need every advantage I can get.

That and I don't get charged for multiplayer access on steam.
Better is the enemy of Good
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

DaveYanakov wrote:
The one thing I dislike about consoles :(
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

With the advent of USB controllers on both Sony and Microsoft platforms, there's only one valid reason to play games on a console if you ask me. You don't know enough about computers to build one from scratch for the same money and then attach it to as much display as you would the console. Consoles are nice because they take the guesswork out of compatability but that's it. You're basically buying an apple product.
Better is the enemy of Good
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

DaveYanakov wrote:I'll be playing it on the PC as well. I just can't play shooters at all without a mouse and since I'm old enough that what twitch reflexes I had are turning to mush, I need every advantage I can get.

Haha yeah, that's another thing keeping me from consoles. 15$ a month for xbox live? No thank you.
Do I already have you on steam? I'll be needing some fellow vault hunters to kill things with ^.^
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

BinoAl wrote:15$ a month for xbox live? No thank you.
Where are you getting that figure from ? I'm paying the equivalent of $60 for the entire year!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FurkeyRefills wrote:
Where are you getting that figure from ? I'm paying the equivalent of $60 for the entire year!
I could've swore it was 15$ a month... Maybe it was 15$ for 3 months then? Still, free on pc xP
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

BinoAl wrote:
FurkeyRefills wrote:
I could've swore it was 15$ a month... Maybe it was 15$ for 3 months then? Still, free on pc xP
Yeah I love the free-ness of PC multi-player, but I still like console gaming because, unlike my PC, I can sit on the sofa and relax while playing the Xbox.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FurkeyRefills wrote: Yeah I love the free-ness of PC multi-player, but I still like console gaming because, unlike my PC, I can sit on the sofa and relax while playing the Xbox.
I regularly hook up my PC to my TV. Wireless mouse and keyboard ftw :)
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

BinoAl wrote:
FurkeyRefills wrote: Yeah I love the free-ness of PC multi-player, but I still like console gaming because, unlike my PC, I can sit on the sofa and relax while playing the Xbox.
I regularly hook up my PC to my TV. Wireless mouse and keyboard ftw :)
Yeah you can do that, but I still have a analogue Tv, so it's impossible for me I'm afraid.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FurkeyRefills wrote:Yeah I love the free-ness of PC multi-player, but I still like console gaming because, unlike my PC, I can sit on the sofa and relax while playing the Xbox.
Thats why I have a ps3, I want my console and free multiplayer too.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I've got it pre-ordered on Steam as well. On my 4th playthrough of Borderlands 1 (first time in a long while to refresh my memory) althoug I've got some runtime errors that crashes me to the desktop every now and then.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
FurkeyRefills wrote:Yeah I love the free-ness of PC multi-player, but I still like console gaming because, unlike my PC, I can sit on the sofa and relax while playing the Xbox.
Thats why I have a ps3, I want my console and free multiplayer too.
Let's not start, it'll only end in tears ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Never played borderlands... What's it all about?
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Kill bandits, take their guns, repeat, but replace "bandits" with "wierd reptilian dogs" or "giant goddamn mosquitos", or maybe "assassins" on occasion. You can also get some wierd ass guns. I have a shotgun that shoots in a smiley face pattern.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Sarudak wrote:Never played borderlands... What's it all about?
Borderlands, as I could best describe it, is an FPS with heavy RPG elements. It takes place in a rather large world in which you travel around, taking missions from NPCs almost MMO style, and level up as you gain experience through combat and completing said missions. It has a fairly interesting gun generation mechanic, so a big part of the draw of the game is the loot-gathering aspect -- trying to acquire the best guns with the best effects for your level. While it definitely had its weaknesses, like a fairly weak story and very monotonous terrain/textures, it's one of those where the strengths of the gameplay can help negate the weaknesses of the game. I'd definitely recommend trying Borderlands 2 if it sounds at all interesting, especially if you have some people to play co-op with.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Pre-ordered through a Danish game retailer, mainly because it was about 5€ cheaper, but sometimes it just feels right to also have a physical disc.

As with BinoAl, I will also be needing some fellow Vault Hunters to play with, so if anyone's interested...
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a big shitstorm about this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... riend-mode
During a studio tour of Gearbox's Dallas offices, the developer shows us a work in progress build of the Mechromancer, planned to launch around 60 days after the game releases in September. Currently, the Mechromancer uses assets lifted from Maya, the Siren, for her arms. But her design and one out of three skill trees is complete.

The skill tree is called Best Friends Forever, what lead designer John Hemingway dubbed the "girlfriend mode".

"The design team was looking at the concept art and thought, you know what, this is actually the cutest character we've ever had. I want to make, for the lack of a better term, the girlfriend skill tree. This is, I love Borderlands and I want to share it with someone, but they suck at first-person shooters. Can we make a skill tree that actually allows them to understand the game and to play the game? That's what our attempt with the Best Friends Forever skill tree is."