Elves vs Goblins

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

Elves vs Goblins

Post by BinoAl »

So, I just read today that there was Magic Elves vs Goblins duel decks. I read the decklists, and they both seemed like incredible decks to have (since I'm an absolute sucker for both archetypes). I checked out the price, and... 199.99.
;~;
Rianaru

Re: Elves vs Goblins

Post by Rianaru »

This is why I was looking at the Duels of the Plainswalkers thing. It's online and way cheaper. Not to mention you don't have the risk of losing them when you go over to your friends house for a night of very drunk magic -.-
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Rianaru wrote:This is why I was looking at the Duels of the Plainswalkers thing. It's online and way cheaper. Not to mention you don't have the risk of losing them when you go over to your friends house for a night of very drunk magic -.-
Haha I actually own both games already, 2012 and 2013 ^.^;
They are just too limited for me, they're meant as more of an entry level game for people just learning the game. There's Magic: The Gathering Online, but it pisses me off that the several thousand cards I already own can't be transferred to it in any way
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I never got up to thousands of cards, just a couple of decks, so Duels of the Plainswalkers is perfect for me lol.

A short while later:

Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

Rianaru wrote:I never got up to thousands of cards, just a couple of decks, so Duels of the Plainswalkers is perfect for me lol.
The downside is that you have to buy a new copy of the game each year, and your online collection of cards is reset each year.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Oh, well I guess this will be my first and last year then. Never knew that :P

A short while later:

BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Awfulcopter wrote: The downside is that you have to buy a new copy of the game each year, and your online collection of cards is reset each year.
You can stick to playing last year's version of the game, and you don't actually lose the cards, you just don't have them in the next game, as it's an entirely separate game. Don't mislead the newcomers ;p
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Ahh...this reminds me why I basically stopped playing MTG. Every new deck is overpowered and costs a lot.Although I still play sometimes, with my lovely Sliver deck.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
simanick

Post by simanick »

cockatrice is a good solution to magic online, now note it a mix of semi competitive to extremely competitive(me). as to the elves vs goblins it has a few cards that see legacy play in it so it doesn't surprise me its $200.

on a related note if anyone likes magic and wishes to learn or play the legacy format just MP and i will set aside some time for it.

edit: just looked thought the decklists again, i had forgot how disballanced the decks are. i would not be suprised if you can get the decks as singles for cheaper the 200$ bets are around $45-100, if you strip out the weaker cards and min max it a bit for about $100 i think you could pull of a strong but not legacy viable goblins deck and about the same or a bit less for a nice elf ball deck.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Itamarcu wrote:Ahh...this reminds me why I basically stopped playing MTG. Every new deck is overpowered and costs a lot.Although I still play sometimes, with my lovely Sliver deck.
Hm? I thought they've been doing a great job staving off power creep. Hell, I just got a lot of Urza's Saga and Mirrodin (original) cards from a friend, and some of them are more powerful than the best new cards
simanick

Post by simanick »

BinoAl wrote:
Itamarcu wrote:Ahh...this reminds me why I basically stopped playing MTG. Every new deck is overpowered and costs a lot.Although I still play sometimes, with my lovely Sliver deck.
Hm? I thought they've been doing a great job staving off power creep. Hell, I just got a lot of Urza's Saga and Mirrodin (original) cards from a friend, and some of them are more powerful than the best new cards

funny how you use the 2 most powerful sets of all time to illustrate your point, there is power creep but its more into different things then at the start of magic. at this point legacy is full of about 30 decks with strong power levels and all made of strange interactions.