Sorting feathers from chicken [need help]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Noshery

Sorting feathers from chicken [need help]

Post by Noshery »

So I'm just now getting into sorting everything from my automated machines and I am quite confused when it comes to sorting feathers from chicken and eggs.

The system I am trying out right now has a bellows that pushes feathers into a water stream while the eggs and chicken are sorted into a hopper at the drop area.

all I need to know is things that I can use to get this to work, I want to make the system myself, not use someone else's exact design [if you know what I mean]
Rianaru

Re: Sorting feathers from chicken [need help]

Post by Rianaru »

What's wrong with the setup you have now? As far as I can see, you've put the feathers in a separate water stream with the bellows already.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

Yes, but the drop area still has the chicken and eggs left over.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm pretty sure there's a plain Hopper filter that will separate feathers from eggs. Slats perhaps?

I'm also pretty sure that eggs and chickens are also separated by another filter.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

So are you looking for a way to separate chickens from eggs?

A short while later:

Noshery

Post by Noshery »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a plain Hopper filter that will separate feathers from eggs. Slats perhaps?

I'm also pretty sure that eggs and chickens are also separated by another filter.
I tried all of the filters and had no luck, they either take in all or none.
Mac

Post by Mac »

You can look up the different hopper filters in the BTW wiki.
Then it's just trial and error to see what works with your desired outcome.
My Youtube channel.

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Noshery wrote:I tried all of the filters and had no luck, they either take in all or none.
Huh. That must have got messed up at some point then. I'll take a look at it if it's confirmed by others and make sure there's a method in place.

I generally try to make sure there's always a method in the mod to separate the outputs of a particular kind of farm. Right now I know that rotten flesh/iron ingots was a problem, but I wasn't aware there was an issue with chicken/eggs.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Bellows will blow the feathers away, right?
EDIT: I have derped. Continue with your regularly scheduled posting
Last edited by BinoAl on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

Rianaru wrote:So are you looking for a way to separate chickens from eggs?
No, I have 2 bins for chickens. one for eggs and one for slaughtering [each have separate sorting].
my plan is to drop the eggs and chicken into a cooking pot where I can then get a good supply of chicken and boiled eggs.
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

Yes BinoAI
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

FlowerChild wrote:
Noshery wrote:I tried all of the filters and had no luck, they either take in all or none.
Huh. That must have got messed up at some point then. I'll take a look at it if it's confirmed by others and make sure there's a method in place.

I generally try to make sure there's always a method in the mod to separate the outputs of a particular kind of farm. Right now I know that rotten flesh/iron ingots was a problem, but I wasn't aware there was an issue with chicken/eggs.
I re-checked the filter and you can filter chicken from eggs but that's not what I'm trying to do here
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I'm really confused by what you're trying to do with this, so I'm just going to leave it to the experts here.

A short while later:

Noshery

Post by Noshery »

this is how the filters work with the three items
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm confused as well. Where precisely is the filter system not allowing you to do what you want?
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

I'm trying to separate feathers from the mix into another area and none of the filters allow me to put chicken and eggs in the hopper without the feathers falling in too.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

And you have the tools to do exactly that! A bellows pushes feathers, and not eggs or chicken.

Unless you're trying to make a waterless setup, the simple fact that you can separate one group from the other should be good enough. The hopper doesn't need to be in front of the bellows.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, someone else sort this out and let me know if there's a filter problem in the end ;)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Noshery wrote:I'm trying to separate feathers from the mix into another area and none of the filters allow me to put chicken and eggs in the hopper without the feathers falling in too.
Noshery wrote: The system I am trying out right now has a bellows that pushes feathers into a water stream while the eggs and chicken are sorted into a hopper at the drop area.
*scratches head*
Mac

Post by Mac »

As far as I know the Trapdoor-Filter should do the trick, however it does not seem to work as intended for me or
the wiki entry relating to the the various filter properties is outdated.

I do still use an old version which is 3.63, but the filter properties didn't change between my current and the recent version,
at least to my knowledge.
My Youtube channel.

Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Use bellows to separate feathers from chicken and eggs, then do whatever you please with the food products. They can go into a stewing pot since I think you mentioned that you wanted to cook them.

A short while later:

ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Well, alright, in all due fairness, I can see how you might not have thought of using bellows to filter out unwanted items, since you need a method to move the items that are left behind once the unwanted items are pushed out. And you can't just put a bellows in a water stream like you can do with hoppers; it might not get all the items.

The solution is to put several bellows in a water stream.

Perhaps this might help you visualize what you need to do:
Spoiler
Show
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

Mac wrote:As far as I know the Trapdoor-Filter should do the trick, however it does not seem to work as intended for me or
the wiki entry relating to the the various filter properties is outdated.

I do still use an old version which is 3.63, but the filter properties didn't change between my current and the recent version,
at least to my knowledge.

I had completely forgotten about the trapdoor filter, I will try that

sorry for confusing people.

EDIT: because I do not have access to my main computer right now with BTW on it, I will illustrate what I am doing with text.

Bellows- Drop area- [d] water stream- ___ Hopper- [h]

side view-

[d]__
__[h]_[h]
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Let me see if it's just a linguistics barrier here. As far as I can tell, you have a dropzone where the floor is hoppers to collect chicken meat and eggs, and one block above that rests a a set of bellows to blow feathers away into a water stream. Correct?

And the problem is that feathers are being collected by the hoppers before the bellows push them? Am I on the right path or completely wrong here?
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

I'm pretty sure the Grate allows feathers to pass through, but not the chicken. I'm not sure about eggs, though.

I think I might know what's happening (if the problem isn't on the filters). Try moving the hopper on the right a bit to the left. If it's right below a drop, sometimes the items are pushed by the water stream while they're falling, so they don't actually come in contact with the first hopper.