BTW Counter?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
blithen

BTW Counter?

Post by blithen »

I'm trying to make an auto pottery maker, and I can't think of any good ways except to have a redstone counter of some sort count the appropriate amount of times until the the urn is created, then output a redstone signal to a piston. I saw battosay's video but that seemed amazingly complicated and hard to recreate in my world, so any other thoughts on this?
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Katalliaan

Re: BTW Counter?

Post by Katalliaan »

If you want a counter, you can use a BD where it has one solid block and the rest partial blocks (so that the total is the amount you're counting).
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
blithen

Post by blithen »

Katalliaan wrote:If you want a counter, you can use a BD where it has one solid block and the rest partial blocks (so that the total is the amount you're counting).
Yes but that's horribly inconvenient considering the BUDDY block, updates every time the table makes a turn.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Turntable. 1st notch.
Block on it, torch on block
Signal from 1 side of the torch (pick one) to a repeater
Repeater powers another block. Torch attached to this block.
Redstone from that torch to a BD.
BD places as much wool slab as you need to wait, then a solid block, like stone. If you power the turntable for the pottery and the one for the timer at the same time, it's the same delay. So at every full rotation you place a new block with the BD. At 2, your turntable makes the next pottery. So 2 wool slab for crucible, 4 for planter, etc. 10 for moulds.
The full block placed by the BD will have a torch under it, which will carry the signal to some redstone next to the block, going to your piston to move the pottery, and quickly after your BD placing the clay on the turntable :)
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I finally got around to trying my hand at an auto-unfired urn maker and came up with this.

Front
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13989288@N ... /lightbox/
Rear.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13989288@N ... /lightbox/

There is more in the center but i didn't get pictures of it. I split the signal from the 2nd BD when the urn is finished to 1 push the next series of clay block into the turntable and 2 for a 3rd BD that sucks in the turntable and the spits it back out. I put remove and replace the turntable to reset the number of turns otherwise i was getting a few vases everyonce in a while. This way i never get vases.

It is large though and i'm tryign to make a more compact solution.

The 1st BD has 8x non-conductive wool blocks, 1 conductive block and then 1 additional non-conductive wool so it will count 9 times then reset. The 2nd BD has 3 non-conductive wool blocks and 1 conductive block.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

It's possible using a second turntable as a timer. The time to turn a clay block into an urn on the fastest setting is the time for a slowest-setting turntable to rotate once. But you have to pause the timer while the urn is removed and the clay replaced. Counters are more elegant and efficient in general, I think, but require more resources for the extra BDs.
What Strange Devices!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

blithen wrote:
Katalliaan wrote:If you want a counter, you can use a BD where it has one solid block and the rest partial blocks (so that the total is the amount you're counting).
Yes but that's horribly inconvenient considering the BUDDY block, updates every time the table makes a turn.
Why is that inconvenient? Too many signals for the particular piece of pottery you want to make to fit in a BD? Just use two or more BDs, first feeding into the second.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Instead of adding another Turntable or another BD, you can put your Turntable one block lower, put a block on it, and on the block's side a redstone torch. This way you can have one pulse every full turn.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/