change the way dors,powerd rail and other redstonity works?

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
akantorJojo

change the way dors,powerd rail and other redstonity works?

Post by akantorJojo »

FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, redstone is like ripping the electricity out of digital electronics and just having some kind of pure logical binary manifestation.

It's one of the reasons I favor separating what I view as signal, in redstone, from actual energy in terms of being able to do work (mech power).

Granted, there are aspects of the vanilla design that make that boundary very fuzzy (doors...powered rails...pistons).
wrothe this in this thread.

This is mor a question then an idear... but i had no idear where to but it if not in this thread.

The fact that the infinite power source redstone is able to move pistons or open and close dors is something I´m realy unhappy sometimes because o ´f logic.

so my question here would be if FC had planed to change vMC redsonedevoces to need mech-power to be able to work /// or if we he played around with this some time ago ???
And jep I keep in mind why he maybe did not change it: because it would change many things (e.g. imagine a simple woodenDor that is controled by pressure plates... wold be realy hard to realise if the door needs mechpower to work.

I hope i´m not bothering you FC... in case I am feel free to tell me or even bann me :(