Picking up anchor without breaking it

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
grimper12341

Picking up anchor without breaking it

Post by grimper12341 »

I've been experimenting with the rope and anchor lately in cave diving and noticed a flaw. When you climb up a rope and want to retrieve the anchor at the top, breaking it usually makes it fall right back down to where you just climbed up from, forcing the creation of stairs to go down and get it which defeats the purpose of using a rope and anchor.

A (hopefully) easy way around this problem would be to make it possible to return the anchor to your inventory without having to break it (shift + right click maybe?).
Kazuya Mishima

Re: Picking up anchor without breaking it

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

What i usually do it try to secure the anchor as high as possible via a ceiling or a artificially constructed construct over the cliff face you wish to descend. Then when you pop it off it has more time to enter that sweet spot of collect-ability where the item is recognized as retrievable, even though it's falling.

Also holding shift and standing directly below the anchor when you pop it makes it easier to collect it.

I imagine once you get iron farming established it would become irrelevant though.
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Also, FC isn't a fan of alternate control schemes, like shift click.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Suggest a better control scheme then?
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

OR, you could right click the anchor with nothing (or everything except Rope) until there is no more rope attached to it, close the hole were the rope used to go down and mine the anchor.

No need for a new "feature" here... everything you need is already there.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Doesn't work if the anchor is attached to an overhang, which are very common in the nether.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

grimper12341 wrote:Doesn't work if the anchor is attached to an overhang, which are very common in the nether.
Yes it does. Just right-click it.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Gormador wrote:close the hole were the rope used to go down and mine the anchor.
That bit doesn't work I mean, hard to place blocks below an overhang.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

grimper12341 wrote:
Gormador wrote:close the hole were the rope used to go down and mine the anchor.
That bit doesn't work I mean, hard to place blocks below an overhang.
Didn't you just climb up that overhang? You can place blocks off of rope too.