Ultra compact flip flop with BD

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Harcion

Re: Ultra compact flip flop with BD

Post by Harcion »

Stormweaver wrote:
Harcion wrote:
Urian wrote:Um, why can't you just use one glass and one conductive block (as Battosay also states in the OP)?
He's talking about using it as a counter. For example, with four boats and one conductive block only every fifth pulse will generate an output pulse. But for this to work you need either non-stackable non-conductive blocks or full stacks of them as Battosay observed.

Alternatively, you could use an inverter and several stacks of conductive blocks and one non-conductive one. (Possible use for all those stacks of cobblestone and dirt...)

And nice idea Stormweaver, I'm currently using the setup while testing my automatic mining machine in my legit world.
The inverter's a fine idea, but you'd have to invert the input as well, and that pretty much doubles the size of the setup - it's an option where the circuitry allows for it though.
I just realised that this would not work even if you invert the input too, since each time the blocks are replaced there will be a short period of no power during which the output will change. (Even when changing from conductive to conductive blocks.) Sorry about spreading misinformation.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

For that monostable, Stormweaver, here you go:
Spoiler
Show
The button deploys a block in the BD, which allows power to the BD so that the block will not retract, while it also gives power out and to the repeaters, which will deactivate the torch, de-powering the BD and resetting the circuit.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I can't be sure without testing it, but that looks like it'd become a clock it the input remained on for too long :s plus i can't see a way of making it smaller than a normal monostable. Might just be me being blind from just waking up thought, I'll play around with it later.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
AgentPaper

Post by AgentPaper »

One thing to note, you can also make this into a sort of extended counter if you place multiple types of solid block in with the glass block, then invert the output.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Right before falling asleep last night, I realized that if you delay the the input, it should be able to stay on for as long as the delay is, then it will stop receiving power. Pics in a sec, if it works.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

AgentPaper wrote:One thing to note, you can also make this into a sort of extended counter if you place multiple types of solid block in with the glass block, then invert the output.
You'd still have to bridge the time it takes to change the blocks with a delayed AND Gate. Otherwise you are outputting short "false-positive" pulses. So the design will get bigger.
Harcion wrote: I just realised that this would not work even if you invert the input too, since each time the blocks are replaced there will be a short period of no power during which the output will change. (Even when changing from conductive to conductive blocks.) Sorry about spreading misinformation.
Except being uggly boats are perfect for the job. They're cheap and it simply works.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Later on I'll get a couple of annotated screenshots together to explain things a bit better.

This thread's alright for now, but maybe we should start a dedicated circuitry thread together at some point (possibly after a new release so we have new material to work with) that details the BTW-exclusive methods of doing things, and where they could/should replace standard redstone/piston circuitry; you know, using the inspiration of the masses and knowledge of the experienced to...make our lives a little more efficient. BTW-Style.

And still got no mini-monostable >.>
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Spoiler
Show
If you don't count the space needed for the in and out puts on a normal monostable, the smallest I've seen without pistons is 2x3x2:
plus the delay you want to incorporate.

With this design:Image,
it creates a 1x1x2 circuit, not counting the input , output, or delay.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

that t flip flop is tiny . makes me think i should try to make a RAM modual for a computer im working on. maby BTW can beat a 4 tick ram modal made of only redstone
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

HavokSCOUT wrote:
Spoiler
Show
If you don't count the space needed for the in and out puts on a normal monostable, the smallest I've seen without pistons is 2x3x2:
plus the delay you want to incorporate.

With this design:Image,
it creates a 1x1x2 circuit, not counting the input , output, or delay.
It's the bit creating the delay that kills it though; as a general rule it's hard to get one smaller than 2x3; which is fine as for most thing I only need a 0.3 second pulse. But it's 3 times the size of everything else >.>
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Thanks for the discussion here all, using these designs with the BD (solid/glass, redstone) with my upwards item lift to time it all etc. Works like a charm!! =)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FaceFoiled wrote:Thanks for the discussion here all, using these designs with the BD (solid/glass, redstone) with my upwards item lift to time it all etc. Works like a charm!! =)
Ooh, can we see? 8D
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Most certainly. :)
I don't really show it in great detail though, but I can do another video of it if requested:

Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FaceFoiled wrote:Most certainly. :)
I don't really show it in great detail though, but I can do another video of it if requested:

Very cool haha. I'm curious now if there is a way to sort out the various wood blocks...
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

It took me such a long time to figure out the timings on the piston at the bottom, to stop the water from dropping stuff underneath the platform but still have it connected to the platform so it goes in a loop as well. :P But it works! It shall not be touched again ^_^
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Haha, I know what you mean. Many of my redstone contraptions consist of a lot of testing, then never touching it again once it works.