What does FC think about other mods?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
akantorJojo

What does FC think about other mods?

Post by akantorJojo »

Hey BTW guys, hi FC,

i joined the BTW community a while ago and played around a bit with the mod, but never found the time to build a big survival world; i made some coole machines in creative using the lense... but thats only a small part of this awesome mod.
But BTW is not the only mod I played around with, even if it´s still my favourit!!!

At this point i should make clear that this is not a mod-compatibility request, even if it might sound similar to one.

Some of the mods I played around with orderd from the one I liked most downward:
-BTW
-Mo'Creatures
-Finite Liquid (old version with more features)
-Smart Movement
-Nature Overhaul
-Finite Liquid (new version only with basic features)

So FC do you know these mods? and in case you do, did you play them or do you know about their features? and the most importat question: which of their features do you like and which u disagree with? and referring to that can you imagine to add/"coppy" some of them to BTW? (well this now nearly is a question for mod compatibility :D )

The reason why i´m asking this is the fact that due to some changes in BTW and Mo'Creatures in the last month these mods are not longer compatible with each other.

Mo'creatures:
requires forge now.
Finite Liquid:
well was never realy compatible... cause the "new"wather is not able to drive water wheels... but the old version had a feature to craft vm-water
Smart Movement:
was compatible if you accepted that climbing rope was not longer possible; but since the changes to SFS-armore came you would also have to lose these BTE features to exploit SM-features -> not longer compatible
Nature overhaul:
didn't test this now but should still work... but "NO" must be installed first.

Well, the thing is that I can understand that FC doen't care about mod compatibility, and I agree with him. But on the other side I see all the cool features in other mods that imho(not all but most) would fit perfectly in BTW. Therefore I hope FC will answer my quiestions above, even if he will never add some feature other mods implement or make them compatible again (which would be realy hard cause most of them change the same base classes so something similar to BTB would be needed for those mods; and about forge-mod compatibility: i have no idear)

Hopefully I didn't annoy anybody,
Akantor
Donzaffi

Re: What does FC think about other mods?

Post by Donzaffi »

1) Thread titles that include my name. I'd much prefer if you state what your thread is about in a clear manner in the thread title, and let me decide if it is something I need to personally address or not. Please do not try to emphasize your thread or issue by specifically addressing a whole thread to me.
-Nature Overhaul looks interesting but
Moss and grass spread
think fucks up with BTW because of the spawner.
But lets take this to PM
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I'd actually like to know FlowerChild's opinion of Somnia. IMO it's a great replacement to being AFK.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

1. This topic will not be received well.

2. He's mentioned playing Mo'Creatures at one point in time. I think "die in a fire" was the kindest of his comments.

3. He likely doesn't care about the rest of it.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Itamarcu wrote:I'd actually like to know FlowerChild's opinion of Somnia. IMO it's a great replacement to being AFK.
yeah its great,
I don't know where but i think i have read about a synergie with btw planed ?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Urian

Post by Urian »

Locking it before it goes to the padded room. FC can answer if he wants to but better not add any more fuel to the fire.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: 2. He's mentioned playing Mo'Creatures at one point in time. I think "die in a fire" was the kindest of his comments.
Whoa...whoa...I never said any such thing about Mo'Creatures. I actually have a lot of respect for that mod, it's just not my thing.

Not cool Morv.