New Release! (BTW V3.80)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.80)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.80 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added the Infernal Enchanter as a new block type.

-Added Arcane Scrolls as a new item type.

-Added Candles as a new item (2 Tallow + Hemp Fiber). These will have additional uses down the road once the extended block IDs are available in vanilla.

-Added a new mysterious property to Soulforged Steel blocks.

-Added ability to lift XP and Dragon Orbs with Platforms.

-Added ability to clump snowballs together in the Block Dispenser in the same way as clay balls.

-Added ability to use bricks in the Block Dispenser as "filler". Inventory slots containing bricks will be ignored by the BD when it attempts to dispense, allowing the player to effectively limit the amount of available inventory space within a BD without affecting its operation otherwise.

-Added recipe to convert gold nuggets into gold bars in the Crucible, using the standard 9 to 1 conversion ratio.

-Added ability to place Vine Traps "upside down" so that the top of them will be flush with the blocks next to them. They can still be placed the old way by placing them on the top of a block.

-Added alternate rope recipe with the Hemp Fibers placed horizontally instead of vertically for convenience in mass crafting.

-Added alternate book recipe with paper in a horizontal line for same reason as above.

-Changed some of the graphics for Tanned Leather based items so that they don't look weird on the hot-bar.

-Changed the way the Crucible processes items so that it always burns combustible objects it contains before doing any other processing. This is to prevent the Crucible from overflowing if it contains a surplus of bows or other single-stack combustible objects while you are doing other processing.

-Changed pigs to drop 1 to 3 pork chops on death instead of 0 to 2, to reflect upcoming changes to vanilla, and to further incentivize their use in Tallow
production.

-Changed the sound pigs make when giving birth to be more appropriate to the situation.

-Changed the recipe for Padding to consist of 3 feathers (middle row), surrounded by 2 Fabric (top and bottom rows). This is to increase the value of both chicken farms (particularly given the below change to Tallow), and Hemp in the late game.

-Changed the Slats filter in the Hopper to allow Hemp leaves to pass through.

-Fixed problem with the Block Dispenser always converting any leaf blocks it picks up into oak leaves.

-Fixed problem with only oak planks being able to be converted to Potash in the Stewing Pot.

-Fixed problem with the Block Dispenser overwriting any tall grass, vines, or shrub blocks in front of it which was creating problems with automatic farms
for these resources due to a recent vanilla change. The BD will no longer be able to place blocks if one of these blocks is in front of it.

-Fixed problem (and potential exploit) with wood Siding, Moulding, and Corners burning just as long as wood planks in a furnace.

-Fixed problem with upside down wood slabs breaking Saws.

-Fixed problem with upside down stairs not rotating properly on the Turntable.

-Fixed problem with placenta not always properly displaying.

-Removed recipes to convert chicken and eggs into Tallow. Sorry for this, but chicken farms are way too open to exploits, which severely devalued other types of animal farms (particularly pigs), and this also encouraged the creation of certain kinds of chicken farms which are detrimental to game performance.

-Removed ability to enchant Soulforged Steel equipment on the enchanting table.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Ulfengaard

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.80)

Post by Ulfengaard »

*breathes into bag*

OMG, thank you, FC!
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The MCF OP has been updated with the new recipes for the Candles and Infernal Enchanter.

Will do a full update of it tomorrow to cover the past few releases. Way too tired for that right now :)
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Hoolllyy craaap! This update is so much bigger than I was expecting! Thanks, FC for all the new goodies!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*squeeeeee~!*

I'll reply line by line in the morning, but for now so glad that you got this one done! Even if you didn't already have my devotion, the Infernal Enchanter would gain it for eternity. You, my eldritch lord, have one tasty little soul waiting for you in me.

Also - can't wait to hear what you did to pig sex.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

*Massive intake of breath*
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Infernal enchanter....
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I'm getting on a plane in less than 6 hours. I guess I didn't really need to sleep...

From the size of the changelog alone, this seems like a huge update. Thank you for all your hard work! I look forward to experimenting with all of these changes (Infernal Enchanter? This makes me hopeful that Mojang's 1.3 enchanting changes will not be an issue.)

Alternate rope recipe <3
Six

Post by Six »

That alternate book and rope recipe makes me far happier than it should, I've run into that situation so so many times. Also, very clever way to deal with the up-in-the-air changes to enchanting that vanilla has at the moment.

Many things to go play with now.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're welcome guys :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to collapse in front of the TV for awhile and check back here periodically to make sure there are no critical issues with the release.

This turned out to be a much bigger release than I was expecting, and there were far too many permutations created for me to test absolutely everything (I gave it a good go though). So, "everything is working fine" posts are much appreciated at this stage ;)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Sweet! *I like it, I like it, I la-la-la like it*

More placenta!

oh, and the rest sounds really great too but since I haven't had my morning coffee yet I can only focus on one thing at a time ;)

Good to see a ton of new stuff to play around with and some tweaks to existing thins that should make things easier (or in the case of padding more incentive to other, underused farms).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh, btw, just a reminder to please not post spoilers in this thread.

There's a lot to discover in this release, and I'd like to give everyone a chance to figure it out on their own if they so desire.

I'll create a separate spoiler thread right now.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

It says something that most of my "Yes!" over this release is the new rope recipe.

That's going to save so much wrist pain, given my tendency to build crazy-high yield Hemp Farms. (hey, if you want industrial grade Mining Charge production, you need a surprisingly large amount of rope).

Looking foward to playing with the other features once i get around to installing this. Especially since i've found two giant libaries in my current world...
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Epic stuff, thank you!

I've been busy with other stuff recently, but I'll make some time to play this :)

Also I suspect the change logs will soon end up like this:

- Added something (Try to find it)
- Change something else. (Deadly)

;)
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Fyi, the block id of the enchanter clashes with a buildcraft id (the transport pipe). Nothing too critical
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Oh shit! Not again...
Third pair of pants I gotta throw away....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

weldaSB wrote:Fyi, the block id of the enchanter clashes with a buildcraft id (the transport pipe). Nothing too critical
Well, as soon as BTB2 comes out, this will no longer be a problem, as the BC addons are expected to be incompatible with BTB2.

anyways....

NEW RELEASE!! WITH TONS OF COOL STUFF!!!
Thanks FC, I think I'm going to have fun with this!
Oh, man.. so excited...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

weldaSB wrote:Fyi, the block id of the enchanter clashes with a buildcraft id (the transport pipe). Nothing too critical
I believe BC auto-assigns IDs, which means the above is not a universal truth.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

O_o

Wow, I woke up to find an awesome release.

2 new blocks to discover, changes to the SFS block, and more importantly (?), HORIZONTAL ROPE. Finally.

As always, keep the good work!

EDIT:

Also, I finally have a world advanced enough to allow tests on new features, instead of Creative. Yay!
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Loving the new features, can't wait to test them out!
Spoiler
Show
Ran into some installation issues though, as either I am really crap at using MCPatcher, or there is some compatibility issues with the latest release.

Clean .jar, only modloader and BTW 3.80 followed by patching with MCPatcher, using only HD textures and HD fonts results in being unable to craft candles, as well as all crafted candles disappearing from my inventory if I load up the game. Everything else *seems* to be working, but the candles dont agree with MCPatcher it seems.

EDIT: Seems to only happen if you install the mods manually, following Urians advice and installing via patcher seems to work.
Last edited by Thalarctia on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Thalarctia wrote:Loving the new features, can't wait to test them out. Ran into some installation issues though, as either I am really crap at using MCPatcher, or there is some compatibility issues with the latest release.

Clean .jar, only modloader and BTW 3.80 followed by patching with MCPatcher, using only HD textures and HD fonts results in being unable to craft candles, as well as all crafted candles disappearing from my inventory if I load up the game. Everything else *seems* to be working, but the candles dont agree with MCPatcher it seems.
I'm also using MCPatcher and I have no such problems. I install BTW via the patcher though.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Please take incompatibility problems with other mods to the tech-support section guys. This isn't the place for it.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

One word : OhMyGoooooood !

Thanks a ton FC !

But... but I have CISCO summer school to attend to ! This will be a long day of MC BtW starvation !

Anyway, I wasn't expecting something that big. And candles ? I definitely love you ! Just kidding : this is of course not the main feature I'm looking forward too :p However, the infernal enchanter... thanks for the previous hint on that one ! And now : gonna hunt big guys.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
YaLTeR

Post by YaLTeR »

Awesome update!
I have one question though: is this update compatible with BTB v3.26? Because I want to test new features and I have only BTB world.
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

Nice work, can't wait to get started!
Last edited by RenEvo on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

For the love of god and all the is holy guys...
FlowerChild wrote:Please take incompatibility problems with other mods to the tech-support section guys. This isn't the place for it.
This includes BTB. I'm not even the author of the only version of it for MC 1.2.5, and I have not tested it.