Loaded Chunks

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Magick_Miner

Loaded Chunks

Post by Magick_Miner »

Does anyone know how many chunks around the player are loaded in SSP.

I found some information on SMP that an area of 21x21 chunks are loaded around the player so 10 in each direction but cant seem to find anything for single player.

Secondly are there any tools to extend this, does optifine have a chunk loading option?

Thanks, Magick.
Thalarctia

Re: Loaded Chunks

Post by Thalarctia »

Optifine does let you decide how many chunks are loaded, however, since it is now pretty incompatible with BTW, it's not too relevant.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Optifine allows you to do it.
Thalarctia wrote:Optifine does let you decide how many chunks are loaded, however, since it is now pretty incompatible with BTW, it's not too relevant.
It is compatible. You just need to remove a few classes.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Magick_Miner

Post by Magick_Miner »

Just had a brainwave to find the answer. Loaded up a fresh map, stood still on far render distance, closed the game and mapped the world.

The map is 400 blocks by 400, which is 25 chunks by 25 chunks. So that many chunks are generated around the player.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Itamarcu wrote:Optifine allows you to do it.
Thalarctia wrote:Optifine does let you decide how many chunks are loaded, however, since it is now pretty incompatible with BTW, it's not too relevant.
It is compatible. You just need to remove a few classes.
By compatible I mean that they function together without either mod suffering from it. People have reported all kinds of strange behavior from BTW features with Optifine installed, even with using the proper method of disabling random mobs in Optifine before overwriting with the BTW classes. I think we can meet in the middle and call it "partially compatible", if people don't mind a bit of weirdness in their worlds.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Magick_Miner wrote:Just had a brainwave to find the answer. Loaded up a fresh map, stood still on far render distance, closed the game and mapped the world.

The map is 400 blocks by 400, which is 25 chunks by 25 chunks. So that many chunks are generated around the player.
Generated, but not necessarily loaded, I would imagine there are extra chunks generated so when travelling it can just load them up since this is much faster than generation.
Magick_Miner

Post by Magick_Miner »

gftweek wrote:
Magick_Miner wrote:Just had a brainwave to find the answer. Loaded up a fresh map, stood still on far render distance, closed the game and mapped the world.

Generated, but not necessarily loaded, I would imagine there are extra chunks generated so when travelling it can just load them up since this is much faster than generation.

Yeah thats what i thought. Cant seem to find any information on the number of loaded chunks outside of multiplayer.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Magick_Miner wrote:
gftweek wrote:

Yeah thats what i thought. Cant seem to find any information on the number of loaded chunks outside of multiplayer.
The wiki implies it's not always a fixed number, I guess just assume 21x21 to be safe then.
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

I've looked into this myself in the past, and found the answer to be 15x15 chunks. I can't remember where I found this, will post a link if I do.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking