Not sure about 1.3.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Panda

Not sure about 1.3.

Post by Panda »

Im really not sure about how i feel about the 1.3 update. i don't have extensive knowledge about the technical side of it since im mainly artsy. I am excited about lan because now me and my GF can play without hamachi, however im not sure what this update is going to mean for the future of btw?

Would someone ease my mind and explain how its expected to go down? :/
Never say no to Panda.
jorgebonafe

Re: Not sure about 1.3.

Post by jorgebonafe »

Don't worry. FC can handle it just fine.

I believe this is what he will bring us to fix Mojang's mistakes:

Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Panda

Post by Panda »

yeah i still have so many unanswered questions though, she'll be able to join ny world, but...? with my mods? Will btw need an over haul? ;_;
I no likey change sometimes... lol
Never say no to Panda.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Panda wrote:yeah i still have so many unanswered questions though, she'll be able to join ny world, but...? with my mods? Will btw need an over haul? ;_;
Well, worst case you'd have to wait until a working release and just play vanilla until then... If you think about it nothing changed really... We've been waiting for over an year now, so what if we have to wait a bit more.... It will be worth it
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Honestly, more answers will probably be available once 1.3 is live. There will be two waits - one until there is a stable version of vanilla (much like the jump from 1.2 to 1.2.5 we experienced before) and one for FlowerChild to update the mod to match the new version of Minecraft. Because of all of the technical changes, this process will likely be lengthy and annoying for FlowerChild.

So, in preparation for 1.3, be ready to walk softly and carry some placenta about in tribute. We might get SMP out of this, but we can't count on that until we know more.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Panda

Post by Panda »

jorgebonafe wrote:
Panda wrote:yeah i still have so many unanswered questions though, she'll be able to join ny world, but...? with my mods? Will btw need an over haul? ;_;
Well, worst case you'd have to wait until a working release and just play vanilla until then... If you think about it nothing changed really... We've been waiting for over an year now, so what if we have to wait a bit more.... It will be worth it
im just worrying cause im afraid it won't be exactually like btw ssp if we play together.... Like something will change in order to accommodate smp... Idk lol
Never say no to Panda.
Catox

Post by Catox »

Panda wrote:im just worrying cause im afraid it won't be exactually like btw ssp if we play together.... Like something will change in order to accommodate smp... Idk lol
Are you talking about how the mod may change, or about how your own appreciation of it may change ?
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

FC's NGFBOM attitude [No Give F*&@ aBout Other Mods] means he will edit any base classes he needs to keep functionality. worst case scenario the world freezes after a nuclear winter. Best case we have BTW and it is multi player compatible. My money currently is on option 3 BTW will run only in off line and LAN will be disabled.

We just need to wait patiently for 1.3 to be released. remembering the longer they work on it the better the odds it is stable when released. We will also have to support FC as he trawls through the multi player code cringing at every line. We feel your pain man and are sacrificing placenta in your name.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

BigShinyToys wrote:We feel your pain man and are sacrificing placenta in your name.
Meanwhile, at the lair of the Cult of Flowerchild

*takes off skull hat*

being serious, the only thing we really have to worry about is if mojang have made the code completely unusable for modding, in which case, FC will probably just keep updating for 1.2.5 until the 1.3 code stops being awful. (to be honest, we've had to worry about that pretty much every update)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Don't worry about it. 1.3 may take me a longer than normal amount of time to update to, and many people may be banned along the way, but everything will be just fine in the end :)
Pseudosavior

Post by Pseudosavior »

FlowerChild wrote:Don't worry about it. 1.3 may take me a longer than normal amount of time to update to, and many people may be banned along the way, but everything will be just fine in the end :)
The bans will be the sweet, sacrificial lambs to fuel your process. And it will be a beautiful, bloody, joyous occasion.
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:Don't worry about it. 1.3 may take me a longer than normal amount of time to update to, and many people may be banned along the way, but everything will be just fine in the end :)
Very cool, just the guys i was hoping to hear a responce too. :D

That's all i really needed to hear, im glad to know you seem to have a game plan already in store, rightfully so i believe after hearing yours and others opinion were only gonna get identical ideas and opinions, so may this thread have a lock?
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote: That's all i really needed to hear, im glad to know you seem to have a game plan already in store, rightfully so i believe after hearing yours and others opinion were only gonna get identical ideas and opinions, so may this thread have a lock?
Sure thing :)