An introduction.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DIG_down

An introduction.

Post by DIG_down »

As my first post I thought it would be best to introduce myself, as opposed to posting a suggestion like some choose to...

I've been playing Minecraft for just about a year now and during that time i've played with many mods. Consistantly hopping Jars and restarting worlds with various mods every week was fun, at first. A few months ago i decided to settle down and make a consistant world with only one or two steady mods. It was tough finding a decent mod that could keep my interest more than a week, that's when I found Better Than Wolves...

Better Than Wolves as we all know is something very special, it's not like other mods, although BTW gives the player more power and neat toys to play with, how you get these things is...well....fun. From plucking your first hemp to automating wheat production, it's both easy and hard! I've been playing BTW since version 3.54 and that is the longest ive played anything(even vMC). During that time i've managed to make a completely automated soul forged steel factory, phallic breeding structures, and of course slaughter plenty of wolves...mmm wolfchops.

One of my favourite things about BTW is how it always seems to be building to something, from getting your first windmill to making an anvil, I always have a new puzzle to solve or challenge to give myself. This is especially true now with the upcoming updates holding more scary goodies than I can handle.

Another equally awesome feature of the BTW mod is the community that comes with it-the MineCraft Foru....kidding! The Better Thank Wolves Forum. The intelligent, usefull, and sometimes creepy(placenta?...really?) atmosphere that has been created by Flowerchild is simply amazing. Home to some of the best builders and funniest characters, these forums manage to keep things interesting day after day, which I can easily attest to from months of lurking.

So, in short, I love this mod, this community and of course the guy who made it all possible FlowerChild. Just as I was growing bored of minecraft Better Than Wolves managed to keep me interested.

Now that i've managed to verbalize(type-erize?) my thoughts and get my first post out of the way, I can finally hit the suggestion forums....lol fourty page "How to get banned, for Dummies" textbook-complete with illustrations!

Thanks for reading folks, see you around. :)
FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
+1
Ribky

Re: An introduction.

Post by Ribky »

Welcome to the forums!

As for the first post out of the way so it's okay to post a suggestion... I've survived a couple of suggestions, but I waited a month after my first post to even think about suggesting anything, just to get a bit more of a feel for what the long term goals of the mod were. I recommend feeling out the other residents and our malevolent overlord for awhile before posting any suggestions.

But again, welcome to the forums!

Upon rereading my post, feeling out the other residents sounds really dirty...
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
DIG_down

Post by DIG_down »

Thanks for the welcome Ribky!

BTW I was just kidding about the suggestions haha Like I said it's a good way to make a bad impression, look like an idiot and get banned all at the same time, I don't plan on ever posting there.

As for feeling out the residents....well I like to keep my hands clean when im at the computer
FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
+1
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Welcome home :)

About the suggestions, I dont think suggesting is a bad idea BUT (huge but) you must know what to suggest, I mean, when you make a suggestion you have to take into account some facts:
  • Does it add a real functionality or is just to make your life easier? If you say yes to the second one... dont even bother suggesting, taking FC time to program an idea so that you dont have to spent that much time automating a animal farm, for example, is a nice way of getting banned.
  • Does your idea imply using a new Block ID? If true, less probable that your idea is taking into consideration unless is really good (until Jeb decides that is time to expand the Block IDs)
  • Is your idea worth the time FC may need to program it? I know this cant be an exact yes or no because is quite subjetive but can it can help discarding some ideas.
If you pass this "test" you may want to post your suggestion. I still suggest you to try to understand the path that FC wants his mod to go through. It's unlikely that he considers adding some way of turning dirt into gold, buts it's probable that he considers new ways of automatisms, prove of it the new ways of getting cracked and mossy cobblestone of this last release (3.72)
Disclaimer
Show
Do it at your own risk, I don't promise you wont get banned even if you pass the previous test.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Welcome here fella :)
You'll enjoy your stay ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Welcome man. Very nice first post :)
DIG_down

Post by DIG_down »

Thanks for the welcomes, Siege, Batto, FC.

You have no idea how relieving it is to finally have this out of the way. It's been hard not posting for a month since I made this account. I think maybe I should've bandaid-ed it and just ripped the sucker off quickly but this is going well too.

As for the suggestions, I have none. Everything I want in a mod is already included, and so much more. Before I made this account I read through about the first twenty pages of the suggestions and well....that was a pretty funny learning experience. Also a little scary too, seeing all these people getting shot down and run over, definately made me strongly think about what kind of impression I want to make. As for that one guy who suggested adding placenta, he should be banned, I mean what was he thinking, I thought he was going to break rule 3 for sure. ;)
FlowerChild wrote:
+1
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

DIG_down wrote:The intelligent, usefull, and sometimes creepy(placenta?...really?) atmosphere that has been created by Flowerchild is simply amazing.
Allow me to make an observation. There is nothing creepy about placenta. Placenta brought us all into the world (Except FC. How he came into the world is yet unknown). But like a companion cube, placenta serves its purpose and then it must be euthanized. Its a shame. I have nothing but love and respect for placenta, and I hope you come to see things my way one day.

Also, welcome to the BTW Forum ^^
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Welcome to the forum!

And remember: Your mother's placenta came out of her belly at the exact same time as you. You two are basically brothers.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

jorgebonafe wrote:
DIG_down wrote:The intelligent, usefull, and sometimes creepy(placenta?...really?) atmosphere that has been created by Flowerchild is simply amazing.
Allow me to make an observation. There is nothing creepy about placenta. Placenta brought us all into the world (Except FC. How he came into the world is yet unknown). But like a companion cube, placenta serves its purpose and then it must be euthanized. Its a shame. I have nothing but love and respect for placenta, and I hope you come to see things my way one day.

Also, welcome to the BTW Forum ^^
Flower arrived here from the depths of space by latching on to stars and consuming them for fuel, obviously.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Welcome!

I think you'll have fun here ;)
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

Welcome man!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Welcome! Looking forward to your contributions!
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Welcome to the forums man. Glad you are enjoying this awesome mod along side us.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Welcome to the forums, man. I may not think placenta is as creepy as you do, I was kind of hoping it would just be a fad and die down. Unfortunately it seems to have become as much a meme around here as the gimp suit has. Oh well!

Enjoy your time here, hope to see you around lots. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Heilkaiba wrote:Flower arrived here from the depths of space by latching on to stars and consuming them for fuel, obviously.
Ahh!... So the stars are Flower's Placenta. No wonder why he likes placenta so much.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
JesterxMailMan89

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

Welcome to the forumns! It's always good to have more (sensible) people around.

Enjoy your stay and the placenta :)
Corzan

Post by Corzan »

Having never had the gall to type up an introduction post myself, you seem like a pretty cool dude. Welcome! :)

And yes, placenta is kind of a given around here. Expect much placenta in your future.
Claim to fame: HCS before HCS was ever a thing
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

Well, I guess I should've made me a post like this when I first joined the BTW forums.

Oh well, guess I just hoped that I would fit in here then :) (and to you perverts, no "that's what she said" joke please, getting tired of them xD)

Anyways, I want you welcome you to this odd and twisted community, see ya around :)
^ this was a joke just so you know xD
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
epicGHO5T

Post by epicGHO5T »

Good to see someone new to the forums, much like myself. Welcome!
Check out my channel!
www.youtube.com/epicGHO5T
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

epicGHO5T wrote:Good to see someone new to the forums, much like myself. Welcome!

Necro and lock.