Water Wheel Help?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
MinecraftRandomX

Water Wheel Help?

Post by MinecraftRandomX »

I built a water wheel with moving water underneath and it works, with the little black clouds and all. But I hooked it up to a mill stone and the mill stone isn't working. Help?
kaos78414

Re: Water Wheel Help?

Post by kaos78414 »

Make sure the axle is connected to the right ends (I think it will accept top or bottom). Also make sure no gearboxes are out of line anywhere, sometimes they get placed wrong and you may not have noticed.

If neither of those work, you may have run axles to far. You can only run 3 axles before needing another gearbox.

Anyway that's all I can think of without pictures of the setup, hope this helps :)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

MinecraftRandomX wrote:I built a water wheel with moving water underneath and it works, with the little black clouds and all. But I hooked it up to a mill stone and the mill stone isn't working. Help?
You should take a picture of your setup, you can host it on imgur.com. That's the easiest way for us to identify the problem.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

MinecraftRandomX wrote:Help?
Any post containing this question should be put in Tech Support, rather than Bug Reports.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

You cannot hook a water wheel directly to a mill stone. The millstone must be powered from the top or the bottom and a water wheel only provides horizontal power. You will need at least one gear box too.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

As previously mentioned, the Millstone must be powered from above or below.

Here is an example of the ways a millstone can be powered using a water wheel.
The Millstone is powered from below, and above in this picture. The gearbox has the arrows pointing on the face which is in front of the water wheel. (in this case, left)

REMEMBER - The Millstone will spit items out of each horizontal facing side, so make sure that you don't have any blocks surrounding it.
Spoiler
Show
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P