Flying Turtles (Elitist Forumgoers AND Scooter-thingies!)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
SgtChuckle

Flying Turtles (Elitist Forumgoers AND Scooter-thingies!)

Post by SgtChuckle »

So, I was visiting home this past weekend, and when I was out on a golf cart (my parents live in this town that has a cart path system) going to get a drink with some old buddies when I heard a kid shout something about a flying turtle. At first, I was like "WTF?". It's a small world, but that small? Then, the kid pulled out this little scooter thingy and hand it over to somebody. I was so confused, but then when I Googled "flying turtle" on my phone, I found this. http://www.masoncorporation.com/sprv_flyingturtle.html A Flying Turtle is apparently a toy. Lolwut. Just a pretty entertaining thing I realized and wanted to share here.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
TheAnarchitect

Re: Flying Turtles (Elitist Forumgoers AND Scooter-thingies!

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Hmm, Awkward, slow, cheap yet overpriced. Do not approve.

I suggest we sue them for trademark infringement.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Agreed. I was thinking more copyright than trademark, but what do I know? Either way, bring in the lawyers.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Sajuuk

Post by Sajuuk »

Interesting.
I always thought of Gamera. (because that makes no sense at all)
Spoiler
Show

Last edited by Sajuuk on Tue May 01, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ IGN = Herpingderp ]
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I always thought of the flying turtles from Mario. ^_^
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Surely a Pratchett reference?

A'tuin translates as "giant trobbing members" after all
Urian

Post by Urian »

A'tuin
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

morvelaira wrote:I always thought of the flying turtles from Mario. ^_^
Oh, good. I wasn't the only one.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

SgtChuckle wrote:So, I was visiting home this past weekend, and when I was out on a golf cart (my parents live in this town that has a cart path system) going to get a drink with some old buddies when I heard a kid shout something about a flying turtle. At first, I was like "WTF?". It's a small world, but that small? Then, the kid pulled out this little scooter thingy and hand it over to somebody. I was so confused, but then when I Googled "flying turtle" on my phone, I found this. http://www.masoncorporation.com/sprv_flyingturtle.html A Flying Turtle is apparently a toy. Lolwut. Just a pretty entertaining thing I realized and wanted to share here.
OMG My grandma had those are her house when i was little, So much fun! Never heard of them called flying turtles though, that's new.
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

morvelaira wrote:I always thought of the flying turtles from Mario. ^_^
Hey, I'm an undead version of those! :D

I feel the same way as Nexus, we had those things at my old elementary school. I don't remember them being called flying, though, just turtles.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

These things have been around for decades and were a cherished part of my early youth. I do not approve of this inane rename of the roller racer. Particularly not when they're using it to justify charging a hundred bucks for something I could literally put together in half an hour for $10 in my garage.

Dammit, now I want to put together an adult sized recumbent sport version... That would cost rather more than a hundred bucks for the framing and parts.
Better is the enemy of Good
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

DaveYanakov wrote:These things have been around for decades and were a cherished part of my early youth. I do not approve of this inane rename of the roller racer. Particularly not when they're using it to justify charging a hundred bucks for something I could literally put together in half an hour for $10 in my garage.

Dammit, now I want to put together an adult sized recumbent sport version... That would cost rather more than a hundred bucks for the framing and parts.
Funny, I never actually played with one when I was a kid. Now I want you to build that adult version just so I can try one out... I'll fund half if you ship it to me once you're done :P
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

If I ever did put something like that together rather than just doing the equations, I'd be taking it across the freaking country before I finished.
Better is the enemy of Good
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Well, A'Tuin doesn't really fly. She mostly levitates forward in the void. Yeah, that makes no sens.

Re-read "The Light Fantastic" recently. It's amazing how patient and dedicated the motherhood is. And yes, this sentence was spoiler free.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Funny; looks like it's a veiled attempt at selling a fitness machine for kids so they can excerise their arm muscles.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

Maybe it would be if it actually lots of arm work. The way I used it, you put your feet on the bars and rode down a slope only using your hands to steer.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.