BTW Gameplan

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
morvelaira

Re: BTW Gameplan

Post by morvelaira »

PatrickSJ wrote:I go as follows:

Hemp Farm
Quern (Hand Crank Millstone)
Tannery
Saw Pit (Hand Crank Saw)
Rendering Plant (Upgrade tannery, hand crank bellow)
Rendering Plant (Water-powered)
Watermill (Quern w/ Waterwheel upgrade)
Saw Mill (Saw Pit w/ Waterwheel upgrade)
Saw Mill x2 (2 step processing that processes the Log -> Panel, Wood Planks -> Moulding, Moulding -> Gears)

Right now I am attempting to create a pick/pack distribution center & warehouse using elevators, minecarts, and hoppers to store items.
This. This is what I will follow. You've been extremely helpful to ME even if you don't wind up helping the OP. Automation can wait until I have these basics figured out.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

That's a very nice list there. I'm going to save that one

Stay on topic
-Batto
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Looking back at how I did it, I would go for the watermill before using my first waterwheel to power the rendering plant. Early on I had hand cranked a lot of hemp so I had excess and making rope was not too difficult.

However, it takes more rope to power the rendering plant than it does the millstone. At least my setup does.

Edit: I could have easily used the waterwheel to grind the hemp and then transferred it to the rendering plant so I get enough glue for more wheels. However, I did the slow thing and hand cranked the glue for a second wheel. Ugh.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Stay calm.
-Batto
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Chill out.
-Batto
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Gilberreke wrote:Alright, I've been testing lots of the BTW stuff thoroughly and I feel like doing a legit world now. I'm wondering though, what's the gameplan for a BTW playthrough.

In other words, what are the different ways to progress through the items. I'm guessing you start with a hemp farm as early as possible (underground if you have pumpkins).

How do you all progress through the ages?
You asked me how I progress, I told you, you didn't like it. So I gave an updated answer in accordance to your wishes, you still didn't like it.
Why ask us our opinions if you don't want to hear them.

Doesn't seem to me I'm the one starting trouble here, you've done nothing but bash on my ideas.
Last edited by grimper12341 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Do try to stay on topic, m'kay?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

So, in the spirit of determining gameplans, here is my current layout and to do list. Anyone have any suggestions on what to add to the to do list?

Please don't suggest automating the various facilities. My supply requirements are currently met so I do not need any auto-gathering facilities except reeds which is on the list. An elevator / bridge BOM requires so much reed.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I possible Barn/shed to put wolves in. Not in a way to domesticate them for dung production, but just a nice little building to fit with the rest of the buildings in your layout, to place the wolves you find in.

edit
Just read the garage part, I suppose you could put them there, but they are savage wolves after all. Having a place to lock them up outside (they do poop after all) might be a good idea.