I hate MCF.....

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Panda

I hate MCF.....

Post by Panda »

So i uploaded my TP to the minecraft forums, after about 5 minitues ive decided to curl up in a ball and cry.... Ive come to the conclusion that the internet should have a permit test, you must be at least 16 or more mature than an irate troll...
Never say no to Panda.
Sky_Som

Re: I hate MCF.....

Post by Sky_Som »

Sorry to hear that Panda. :( At least you still have us!
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

I'm sorry about that Panda. I rarely venture there since discovering this place. The signal to noise is just way too low.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Panda, I use your texture pack exclusively for my BTW and BTB worlds. Being artistic is an invitation to trolls, but there are those of us who really appreciate your work. Stay strong! :)
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Lusewing

Post by Lusewing »

I have to admit that i have been visiting there less and less frequently since arriving here. I don't like kids in general and that place is crawling with them. Sure there are plenty of mature youngsters around but for every one of them there are at least 5 'adults' who act like whiny little kids. They can't do a fraction of the work you have done and so think if they pick apart your hard work it will help them look more intelligent.

Just tune them out and you will be much happier, everyone else dose.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Can we get a link to your MCF thread? I wanted to check it out and my digging isn't revealing anything.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Thanks guys im only gonna update the Single picture link for Pandoku Mix with new updates on the Dokucraft TSC forums for my TP, that way the download place will never change for people to continue using my pack and ill have to talk to them less.

And FC go to my TP thread on the BTW forums and click the like under the picture itll take you to the Dokucraft thread. itll take you to the page with my post.
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Its mainly been private messages though which i dont wish to share....
cause...
Their kinda mean...
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

My main issue is that ive been completely compliant and said yeah im taking all of my TP stuff off the BTW forum and directing it there. The only thing im leaving on this forum is my original thread saying i have a Doku style pack there and ide like to tell people it is now on the MCF and can be downloaded from there so Dokucraft is directly supported.

Sadly they're having a cow still...
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:Its mainly been private messages though which i dont wish to share....
cause...
Their kinda mean...
Sorry to hear that :(

Yeah, being in the public eye can be a real bitch. It really helps to develop a thick skin (or spiky exoskeleton ;) ) in dealing with it.

Your textures look great man. Be secure in the knowledge of that, and people can't say anything to hurt you. Remember that most of the people that will "critique" your work haven't created a single real thing in their lives.
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Its mainly been private messages though which i dont wish to share....
cause...
Their kinda mean...
Sorry to hear that :(

Yeah, being in the public eye can be a real bitch. It really helps to develop a thick skin (or spiky exoskeleton ;) ) in dealing with it.

Your textures look great man. Be secure in the knowledge of that, and people can't say anything to hurt you. Remember that most of the people that will "critique" your work haven't created a single real thing in their lives.
Thanks man, i appreciate it. I dont wish to take my TP thread down on the BTW forum, they want me to cause it mentions Doku TSC, but all my thread is doing is telling people on this forum that my tp is now on the Dokucraft TSC forum and can be downloaded there, so it supports the other original artists.
Never say no to Panda.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I'm not sure what happened that upset you. Are you referring to the guy in this thread quoting the rules to you? He didn't seem all that unreasonable or mean, but maybe you meant someone else.

That being said, does your pack support BTB? If not... would you be interested in supporting it? I normally don't use TPs but this one looks pretty sweet, good job :).

Edit - Sorry, I lack reading skills. I just saw it was through PM. My favorite response in that kind of situation is just to respond with a wink ";)", nothing else.
PhantasticJoe

Post by PhantasticJoe »

I'm not sure if this will help, as I don't really have the full picture of the situation, but here goes...
So, you're allowed to use the doku textures, as long as you give permission, and distribute as you like, right? But not the doku TSC?
How many of the doku TSC textures are you using? If its only a few, you could try replacing them with your own, and that would resolve the whole situation. It its a lot, could you replace the TSC textures with the normal doku textures?

Again, not sure if this might help, just throwing it out there.
Panda

Post by Panda »

PhantasticJoe wrote:I'm not sure if this will help, as I don't really have the full picture of the situation, but here goes...
So, you're allowed to use the doku textures, as long as you give permission, and distribute as you like, right? But not the doku TSC?
How many of the doku TSC textures are you using? If its only a few, you could try replacing them with your own, and that would resolve the whole situation. It its a lot, could you replace the TSC textures with the normal doku textures?

No the problem isnt that i dont want it on the TSC thread im cool with that completely, i moved it there without an issue. it helps support them if i have my download through them. they want me to take down my TP thread on the BTW forums, which all my thread does is direct users to the TSC thread were i posted a download there. My thread here just says i have a pack version for download on the TSC page and there not cool with that and people are being unreasonable and nasty about it, mainly through private messages.
Never say no to Panda.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Panda wrote:
PhantasticJoe wrote:I'm not sure if this will help, as I don't really have the full picture of the situation, but here goes...

No the problem isnt that i dont want it on the TSC thread im cool with that completely, i moved it there without an issue. it helps support them if i have my download through them. they want me to take down my TP thread on the BTW forums, which all my thread does is direct users to the TSC thread were i posted a download there. My thread here just says i have a pack version for download on the TSC page and there not cool with that and people are being unreasonable and nasty about it, mainly through private messages.
I am not sure if this could work, but how about on here you link the original TSC pack, then post a download of your textures by making the users add them to the zip/rar file themselves? or just explain that we need to right click and "save as" and add them manually, I am sure everyone here is competent enough to figure that out :P

I know it's to honor the original creator, but if we had to get the original first they probably wouldn't bitch as much, I hope :)
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

Don't feel bad because of those idiots.
In my opinion you're doing exactly the right thing. I really don't understand why they would object to free advertisement on a fairly frequently visited board.
If anything you're encouraging us to explore their site/packs and whatnot. I can't see a problem with that.

If it is just general BTW hate I don't know if you actually can do anything about it. Try to get a laugh out of them for they hadn't the maturity to form an own opinion and just repeat the "BTW is evil" ramblings.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I use your pack Panda, after my hard drive malfunction I downloaded it asap and I dont even have minecraft again yet :D

My girlfriend loves it too.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Don't get down about it Panda, like you the Mc forums seemed very harsh and full of trolls to me at the start.
But after two months this forum was created and I learned what a real forum should be like ! ;)

Just try and ignore the trolls and as FC said, they are probably just making fun of you to make themselves feel better.
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Panda

Post by Panda »

So my night got no better after all that, i woke up at 1 am and thought to myself, hmm i should walk into the bathroom for some reason...... SUPER PUKING! all night long and the only thing a eat that day was a big ass bag of doritos and a half a container of dipping cheese..... not pretty, it was nice though my GF stayed home and bathed me and took care of me.... C:
Never say no to Panda.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

Sorry to hear about you getting sick after all the crap on MCF. But at least your GF took care of you, right?

Hope you feel better soon, Panda. Nobody deserves to be sick when they're nice as you.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Andellmere wrote:Sorry to hear about you getting sick after all the crap on MCF. But at least your GF took care of you, right?

Hope you feel better soon, Panda. Nobody deserves to be sick when they're nice as you.
:3 imma draw you a picture!
Check my art thread
Never say no to Panda.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Hope you feel better Panda. Whenever I deal with things like that, I remember this quote from one of my favorite books:
You can't argue with all the fools in the world, better to let them have their way and trick them later
-Christopher Paolini
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

danielngtiger wrote:Hope you feel better Panda. Whenever I deal with things like that, I remember this quote from one of my favorite books:
You can't argue with all the fools in the world, better to let them have their way and trick them later
-Christopher Paolini
Hey! Thats one of my favorite quotes from him as well.