Youtube videos in posts

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rawny

Youtube videos in posts

Post by Rawny »

I often make little YouTube videos to go along with posts but I've been starting to feel dirty on the inside. Because of this I've also started including pictures with my videos so that people can see what I'm posting about without having to watch the vid. I'm not out thinking "Hey, how can I get more views?" but I'm afraid some people think that. I'm just lazy. A picture is worth a thousand words, 30 frames per second, say for 45 seconds that's 1.35 million words.

So what's the consensus on this? Do you feel embedding videos is a cheap way to get views? Do you dislike it? you like it cus you to see what the question is about?
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Youtube videos in posts

Post by FlowerChild »

I do it all the time man, and I don't give a rat's ass about views (I don't even have advertising revenue enabled on YouTube).

It's a highly effective means of communication. I wouldn't feel guilty about it.
Elevatator

Re: Youtube videos in posts

Post by Elevatator »

The only stupid thing about Youtube Videos in posts, is clicking on it, looking forward to see it, and then just looking at a black screen, where is written on: "this video is in your country not available"
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇