Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Hiracho

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Hiracho »

I wanted to share my automatic chicken feeder/farm :) I wanted to make a wolftower, but to do that, I'd need to automate their food first.. While cows/pigs are more obvious, I thought i'd take on the challenge to use chickens, and get feathers while im at it :)

https://imgur.com/a/c6aoGhu

In the end I'm planning to bring all the meat from all animal farms to a continuous waterfall of meat to feed the wolves.. The design is done, I will post that one once I made it in my survival world!

Hope you guys like it.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

So...uh... my base caught on fire. I lost pretty much everything. Needless to say, I'll be rethinking how I build. I really wish I'd grabbed a screenshot in the middle of the fire fight. Everything was flaming, stuff was popping out of chests everywhere, smoldering logs were crashing down, and flaming chickens were running around. Not to mention the two creepers and a skeleton that came to join the party through my open roof. It was kind of beautiful. I'm honestly not sure how I survived.
Spoiler
Show
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

It's so beautiful
Better is the enemy of Good
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I'm starting to develop a complex...

This is how I farm wood. I accidentally set one on fire.
Spoiler
Show
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

I like that idea for wood farming... XD
Panda

Post by Panda »

Hey so I'm at that point where I'm making light block lamps outside and I'm trying to make them look like they have power lines in-between them. Like connecting them with posts and string.

Could you all make an attempt at designing this and post results as inspiration for me??

Please and thank you.

Panda
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote: Could you all make an attempt at designing this and post results as inspiration for me??
Not exactly the same thing you're talking about, but I actually have something really boring along these lines measuring the distance around original spawn in my current world:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
I know I've done better ones in the past, but I find the underlying idea of combining stakes and fence posts is a good way to create interesting designs.
Panda

Post by Panda »

That looks pretty cool im gonna try to do something that makes it look like the line is carrying the red stone signal. I don't wanna use lenses and detectors because i cannot make it visually pleasing.

This is what i do:

Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Was just playing around some more with lamp post ideas, and came up with this:
Spoiler
Show
Panda

Post by Panda »

Not bad not bad!

May i ask what that demonic pumpkin twizler is to the left and the Iron (Shovel tube?) is to the right?
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:Not bad not bad!

May i ask what that demonic pumpkin twizler is to the left and the Iron (Shovel tube?) is to the right?
Hehe... this is my development test world, so there's some weird shit in it :)

I think the pumpkin twizzler was something I made to test pumpkin falling dynamics in various directions whenever I last worked on that (maybe when I split pumpkins into carved and jack'o'lanterns?). The tube on the right was just me testing on some aesthetic options with the piston shovel I added a few builds back :)

As a bonus weird build, here's the nearby creeper oyster Gumby:
Spoiler
Show
Panda

Post by Panda »

What the heck asthenic block is gumby holding? Also where's pokey?
Never say no to Panda.
Plantman

Post by Plantman »

My island paradise.
Spoiler
Show
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

It's not much, but this is my first really established base in a fully post AAAAHHHHHHHHHH world.
Spoiler
Show
The front room. Entrance is presently just some dirt that gets broken every day I head out. Storage in here has everything I'd want quick access to after respawning. Food, iron, firebow, etc.
The back room. Front room is through the hole on the right, off to the left is access to my current cave system. Storage here is anything else I don't want to keep in my inventory.
This is the area I've got set aside for my hemp farm. Barely started for now, but it is officially begun. I wasn't look high enough up to see it, but the far shore of this pond is a half ring of sugarcane.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
ion

Post by ion »

some new builds around in potato version.
https://imgur.com/a/oJmBWc0
Spoiler
Show
Spoilered -Flower
Panda

Post by Panda »

Finally finished my house, was getting ready to show it off the next morning here.... my cauldron wasnt far enough away...

Huh? Whats that...?
Spoiler
Show
NO NO nO say it isnt so
Spoiler
Show
MAYBE I CAN SAVE IT!!

Nope....
Spoiler
Show

Well F@#$ me sideways... i guess ill let it burn out then rebuild it for you all TT_TT
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Been a while since I've posted my world, so here's a very long album with everything: https://imgur.com/a/hkLPU3i
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Hey guys could you please post some photos of your automatic packing machines? I really need to start packing some of my supplies Mommy needs some flash block!

Also semi-automatic machines would be pretty cool too.
Never say no to Panda.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Here ya go! One automated piston packer.

Album with pictures: https://imgur.com/a/vTnvsGN

Demonstration video: https://youtu.be/ob8yurkW6rc
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ion

Post by ion »

finished my wither heads, gold trap with proper separation of items and melting down the gold in the nether.
entrance to the fancy stuff. road goes to another nether fortress
Spoiler
Show
the main crucible room
right one for the nuggets drops from pigmen, the other for the melted swords above. i melt the swords above and auto drop them into this one to separate the stone sword that don't melt in a crucible
Spoiler
Show
the 4 hoppers from left to right: scrolls, bones and blaze rods, magma cream and rotten flesh and last one heads from wither and skellies
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImage
all separation from the trap above is done with double extenders and some space. lags a bit but is allright
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
and the beauty on the outside that makes this efficient. the fortress is all slabbed and i guess most of the spawn spaces are in my trap
Spoiler
Show
Added Spoiler -Flower
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

All of these recent posts are looking great. Ion are you following any specific method to create your trap? I remember making one in our previous world and it had shite output. any tips?
ion

Post by ion »

what do you mean Mesh?
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

I just mean the layout mainly, how to build it, I'm not sure we did it the most effective way. I don't really want to hijack this thread though with talk on trap tips. If you have time to give me a few pointers in PM or something that'd be cool but it's ok if not. We've just not got much experience building the wither skull trap, last one didn't pan out very well in terms of output
ion

Post by ion »

the spawn pads are in a 9x9 blocks with 5 3x3 blocks in each corner and the middle. the rest is covered in vinetraps. on the lowest i funnel everything in the middle 3x3 drop and from that i use pistons to move the mobs into a one space drop to the killing chamber. i have 3 saws one above the other and only the upper one are powered. the lowest is not, from my experience in game works better for head drops and killing speed of 3 powered saws is too much.
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Cheers for that, appreciate it! Looking good