Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ion

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by ion »

with the nerf on the kiln cooking times i decided to build up the amount of kilns around my base
the first 4 of the unfinished building cooking endstone ATM
in background a new mountain that i'll hide something inside.
Spoiler
Show
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Damn that is sexy with that texture pack! Makes me want a legit oven pizza :)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Just finished making a soul bottler. It was an interesting challenge fitting everything into the building, plus I still need to make an urn factory inside (once I figure out how the hell to do that).

https://imgur.com/a/R72AAka
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
ion

Post by ion »

doubled and finished my smelters. around 8 of them and still slow as hell.
Spoiler
Show
frontImage
backImage
insideImage
Panda

Post by Panda »

Has anyone made a autokiln that works with the new kiln speed changes??? im literally dying!

Also use spoiler tags.
Never say no to Panda.
ion

Post by ion »

what do you mean by auto kiln?
the one above are smelting wood and end stone automatically
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I believe they meant a kiln for smelting ores and such.

I am nowhere that point in the tech tree, but an overly complicated post-soulforge way I thought would need buddy blocks for detecting the ore smelting, 1 block dispenser for the ore and 2 sticky pistons for taking out parts of the kiln for a waterflow to drag the smelted item out. That would look incredibly clunky and ugly though.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RalphKastro wrote: I am nowhere that point in the tech tree, but an overly complicated post-soulforge way I thought would need buddy blocks for detecting the ore smelting, 1 block dispenser for the ore and 2 sticky pistons for taking out parts of the kiln for a waterflow to drag the smelted item out. That would look incredibly clunky and ugly though.
Definitely wait for next release on that one, if anyone is tempted to try it. As I mentioned in Panda's recent feedback thread, I'm going to be making some adjustments there.
ion

Post by ion »

the 8 that i've build are all autosmelters. the cauldron picks up the items and a BD clock is the timer for the piston to push them into.
the only problem is that is way to long to smelt full blocks.
example:
Spoiler
Show
the timing is made by a turntable with only one redstonetorch it goes into a BD that has one redstone torch and the rest of the spaces are filled by different blocks that goes into another BD with redstone torch and one block.
so to cook food the turntable is set to 1
for clay set it to 3
and for smelting set it to 4
slow, but works
ion

Post by ion »

working on a nice mob trap sorter for witches and I've build a working sorter for witches drops. no more bottles in the rotten flesh chest anymore. still having issues with few spiders, but i think i can work around that with some SCIENCE
Spoiler
Show
sticks from witches and rendering down the bows.Image
i'll post the proper pics once i'll do the aesthetics.
in the meantime
Spoiler
Show
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

ion wrote:working on a nice mob trap sorter for witches and I've build a working sorter for witches drops. no more bottles in the rotten flesh chest anymore. still having issues with few spiders, but i think i can work around that with some SCIENCE
How did you manage to separate the sticks from bones and bottles from flesh? I've spent so long trying to find a way to do it I just gave up and use a piston packer for the bones and flesh and let the sticks and bottles despawn in the ground.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
ion

Post by ion »

like this mob trap world download from my world
Spoiler
Show
was build pre-stone spawn nerf, but in the latest version i recommend to restrict spiders spawns from your trap and make another trap for spiders and bats only or 2 one for bats and one for spiders only
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

ion wrote:like this mob trap world download from my world
There you go again ion, making us all look bad. Very nice buildings, looks great! Also, care to share how you are sorting witches?
ion

Post by ion »

there is a world download there go check it yourself
also is creative so spawn some witches in the trap above and see how it works
Panda

Post by Panda »

I really enjoyed having a peak into your world and it gave me a tone of ideas about what i can make aestetically and mechanically and relly fueled me to build more!

Question for flowerchild if you stumble upon this, can i make a world sharing thread with the guidelines that it must be through safe file sharing sites and contain spoiler tags?

ide really like to share my world and get feedback!
Never say no to Panda.
ion

Post by ion »

post it Panda and ask what you want to improve, i'm happy to help.
in the meantime i've finished the sorting room. the only thing i need to do is to hook the slime drops to it and finish the experience room.
hooked all the drops from the 2 mob traps (jungle spiders and swamp mob trap) into sorting, smelting and packing. i have more space on the back for mushroom, sugar cane and farms, but ATM i leave this for another time.
had a blast building this.
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImage

and ugly vanillaImage
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Damn I need to use more bloodwood in my builds. I've been using a healthy mix of the other 4 but I forgot how good it looks in Conquest.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Hehe okay heres my world in progress. to the west is my portal and my sky bridge. to the east is my mob trap and the entrance is a hole in the ground on the east side.

I Zipped it for file size:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5xnzc5f8e ... e.rar/file
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I just want to build a big building now that I have more resources but I'm not exactly sure what to build or what I need, suggestions?
Never say no to Panda.
ion

Post by ion »

you already have some really big square buildings around. build something small and use a palette of materials. ATM you're overusing loose cobblestone when you have plenty of wood textures around. you can also build with sandstone and that has around 4 different textures for you to play around depending on the TP that you're using.
Panda

Post by Panda »

But I'm scared to use wood. In about the texture pack I actually use my own custom one but I haven't released as it's a combination of mesh, conquest dokucraft and a few other stuff. I actually made a really cool sword lightning rod I'll post later but yeah I need to stop making so many square things
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Are there any slime only mob traps?? I have a swamp in my spawn chunk and I wanna make a slime mob trap and nothing else. is that possible?? i need slime for mortar.
Never say no to Panda.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

For a slime only farm you'll nedd an underground farm on slime chunks. The swamp slimes spawn wih the rest of mobs.
ion

Post by ion »

yes you can do it in a swamp. remember what latest changes to mob spawning mean and build it accordingly
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Are there any blocks slimes can spawn on that other mobs can't? I didn't think there were. And since above ground slimes can only spawn in darkness, I still think your only option is an underground slime chunk one because you can light that one up.
Get the Deco Addon here!