Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Shmooooo

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Shmooooo »

Heilkaiba wrote: I always write it as e^iπ +1 = 0.
Yeah, I always thought the magic was that it involved both addition and the additive and multiplicative identities. Things equalling 1 aren't that special: take, for instance, e^0. The layman would think tau*i = 0 which appears nonsensical, vs the mystery of e^(whatever) being negative that e^ipi arouses.

In trig, while sin and cos periodicity would be cleaner, tan would be tau/2 periodic, sin(x) = sin(tau/2 - x), cos(tau/2) = -cos(0). Certainly 2pi is more common in use, but fractions in place of concatenation-denoted multiplication are more of a pain (especially to typeset properly).

Furthermore, even if tau were introduced, it would create an unpalatable rift in the literature far outweighing any ivory-tower theoretical nicety.

Hell, if one could change one mathematical convention for "free", the pi-tau change would be fairly low on the list. Think how much pain standard hexadecimal use or RPN would alleviate. No more BEDMAS!

Maybe a compromise could be some sort of 2pi ligature, which would be visually similar enough to 2pi written normally to be understood as such, but nonetheless be a single typeset and handwritten character.

Anyway, this is the math forum, right? What's with the wolf logo in the corner?
BTW Wiki word wrangler, sentence surgeon, paragraph purger.

Bad writing is like a tangled string: it's easier to cut it than to untie it. Mediocre writing is like a loose string: you can pull it taut to have some left over. Good writing is a hemp fibre.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

My SMP trap:

You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Redstone ore as tripwire. Clever.

Even moreso if you leave ore intact while mining out a base so it won't look out of place even if you do see it.
Better is the enemy of Good
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

DaveYanakov wrote:Redstone ore as tripwire. Clever.

Even moreso if you leave ore intact while mining out a base so it won't look out of place even if you do see it.
I would always shift over redstone ore. I don't want to ever take the chance.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

walker_boh_65 wrote:

Which is why there will also be a swarm of angry wolves chasing you, forcing you to run :)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

Itamarcu wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:

Which is why there will also be a swarm of angry wolves chasing you, forcing you to run :)
If he has to shift walk near every redstone, the trap is already far more successful on a meta level than it ever would be as a death causer.
CueballSWR

Post by CueballSWR »

An archery mini-game I'm working on. Random switching between the 5 targets with a simple scoring mechanism for now. Enough logic to only work when youre standing on the trigger plate but still needs to finish cycle to restart.
Spoiler
Show
First time I've ever uploaded pics to a forum since I'm not too active on them hope this works.
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

CueballSWR wrote:First time I've ever uploaded pics to a forum since I'm not too active on them hope this works.
You posted the thumbnails. If you want to post the full image instead just edit the string to take out the .th. part.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5209 ... 4146.[b]th.[/b]png
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

I think because he cares about people with low internet brandwith.
Pics in spoilers get loaded, wheter opened or not.
And it suck´s when the pic you want to see needs a long time to load.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Elevatator wrote:I think because he cares about people with low internet brandwith.
Pics in spoilers get loaded, wheter opened or not.
And it suck´s when the pic you want to see needs a long time to load.
But clicking that link got me blasted with a loud audio ad about garages. As long as you aren't uploading a dozen images at once or posting 1600x900 monstrosities, spoilering the image is fine.
Better is the enemy of Good
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

My previous mossy brick farm had some issues, one being that it was too damn complex, causing it to mess up sometimes while using my netherportal nearby. As such, I started thinking of a better and easier way to do it. I present to you: brick-farm mark II!

Not only does it produce mossy brick... it produces cracked ones too. No more messing around with sand and elevators. All it needs is one giant "drum" made of brick that slowly gets rotated. Each time it moves a block ahead, pistons and block-dispensers on the sides replace one line of mossy/cracked brick with a fresh new batch of normal brick. Eventually those normal ones will pass beneath either the lava or the water and end up all mossy or cracked on the other side.

On to the pictures:
Spoiler
Show
The factory under development (shows off the brick "drum" and the pistons used to move it around):

The required wiring and such lies beneath the lava. I really should've put a glass ceiling in as there are lava drips all over the place. And yes, that's 120-something buckets of imported nether-lava. Thank FC you can melt buckets down to iron again :P

And last but not least, the back. These two simple setups place new bricks and push them to the gathering dispensers on the far side.
And as a small bonus-picture, here's my vine-farm. Most of it is decorational. The saws cut the vines, then drop them in the water where they flow into two hoppers (can just barely see them on the outermost corners). I'm starting to notice that my factories start looking less and less like actual factories :P
Spoiler
Show
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Graphite wrote:*snip*
I may have to steal that vine farm design - Dual purpose factory and decoration ftw!
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Thalarctia wrote:
Graphite wrote:*snip*
I may have to steal that vine farm design - Dual purpose factory and decoration ftw!
Indeed, I had never thought of doing that. Pretty cool, I like it clean and simple.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Imagine a World that was played on as if it were being streamed live... even though Fraps isn't running, the player isn't talking, and there ain't nobody watching. There's no time to waste on pointlessly running back and forth and doing chores. You want to get something accomplished each day. You also want to give your world a bit of character; an overly utilitarian design (something which I am a repeat offender of) has no charm.

In my final attempt to overcome New World ADD and make a world that I can stick with to the end, this is the artificial pressure I put on myself to make me feel like this is a world worth keeping. Did it work? Actually, pretty much.
Spoiler
Show
In addition to BTW, the world also uses Generator Ports to have 1.7.3 terrain generation.

Image Image Image
The first image is of the original seed.
The second is of the world as I'm writing this.
The last is of the world as you're reading this. (assuming I remember to update my dropbox)

Small projects are all around, but most of my base is inside the mountain.

Image Image
This is my bedroom (also the front entrance), attached to a room with decor inspired by this thread. It is a dining hall/entrance hall with an anvil, yet no chairs or food. Just go along with it.

Up the stairs. From left to right, you can see my plant-sploitation dark room (I don't abuse it, I promise! c=o), my tannery (through the pumpkins), and the output of my mob grinder (that giant mushroom-like structure you can see on top of my mountain is my hostile mob farm). Continuing to the right, the hallway opens into the Auto Mill (the building with the pixel-art Windmill on the right side of the mountain).

This is the Tannery. Dung falls straight down the glass chute from my imprisoned wolves above. Via the water flow on the left, Scoured Leather is also automatically delivered here directly from...

Image Image
...the Auto Mill! Which... uh, mills. After all these worlds where I just filled a millstone and ran back to it periodically for collection, I finally, FINALLY decided to stop milling like a caveman and actually collect the drops with water. Problem is, I STILL manage to lose a small bit to the walls.

Oh yeah, and there's this thing.

Anyways, after I've played for 2 hours (this is not well-enforced), I stop, and force myself over to my "Wall of Doing" to "appreciate" and record what I've accomplished that day to fool myself into feeling positive. You know, so that I don't feel like tossing this World down the garbage disposal and starting over yet again.
Right now, there's only one day left on this wall! Luckily, I've already built a second wall somewhere for it to continue.

There's some odd and contrived-sounding stuff on it (because it is contrived), more so on the first half (not shown), but I like to think it adds charm.

Then I race over the bridge to my Hemp Farm, take sand from a certain nearby chest, and stick it in a certain spot, creating a sand pillar up to the Photographer's Block, where I take a daily screenshot of the world as it is at the end of each day.

Then I clean out my inventory, go into the bedroom, turn 'round to face that sunset yonder, and quit the game so I can start the next day fresh. Or, more likely, I go into "Overtime" and do something inane for 4 hours.
And here's some oscillating beef.
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by ExpHP on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Nice builds, both of you! I love the Vine farm.
Graphite wrote:And yes, that's 120-something buckets of imported nether-lava. Thank FC you can melt buckets down to iron again

...You could have used 5. Now your nether looks ugly, right?
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Itamarcu wrote:...You could have used 5. Now your nether looks ugly, right?
I don't like the look of flowing lava... it's a personal thing. You're also forgetting that lava travels less far in the overworld, so you'd need more than 5.

As for the nether looking tacky... that's what netherrack is for. Scoop out the lava and refill with some netherrack. Nobody will notice the difference!
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Graphite wrote:
Itamarcu wrote:...You could have used 5. Now your nether looks ugly, right?
I don't like the look of flowing lava... it's a personal thing. You're also forgetting that lava travels less far in the overworld, so you'd need more than 5.

As for the nether looking tacky... that's what netherrack is for. Scoop out the lava and refill with some netherrack. Nobody will notice the difference!
Half expected you to say "As for the nether looking tacky... Can hardly make it worse than a default nether tbh."
razar51

Post by razar51 »

A few of my older aesthetic builds:

Battleship (very old):
Spoiler
Show

Stug III model:
Spoiler
Show

Sandstone Fort:
Spoiler
Show

Aircraft Carrier: (back when BTW was on forge)
Spoiler
Show
The rest of my BTW builds that i've released video on can be found here:
(Note: some contraptions such as the auto bottler require minor modification to function properly due to BTW updates)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Woh! Nice stuff razar51.

When you do the same thing that a million others do, there are SO many awesome things out there, and I post my messes of inefficient redstone and mechanical power. I sadly started a cold as of last night and I've been spending WAY too much time on youtube and here watching/looking at people's builds, its all so mind blowing.

Here's the last of my "How I made my Automated Soul Urn system" series.

Part 4: Last Part. The actual soul urn making part.

Past Series
Spoiler
Show
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

My saw mill, made to look like a real mill.

An overview of the design:
Spoiler
Show
Here the logs (must be logs for BDreasons explained later) are placed in the BD, where a piston places it so the logs "slide" along the chute to the saw...
Spoiler
Show
...where it is cut into smaller pieces and falls into the hopper. Stray ones are pushed into it by the oncoming logs.
Spoiler
Show
Here the planks are placed and pushed along to another saw. Under the piston is another hopper that catches the sawdust, which will eventually be rerouted to storage for mining charges.
Spoiler
Show
Here sidings are placed and moved. The obsidian pipe catches stray mouldings and redirects them to the hopper since there are no solid blocks to push them into the hopper. Later I will add another of these to cut it into corners. (The reason for the input needing to be logs is that they would be cut into gears otherwise, so they could not be glued together. For each smaller input, it needs to be placed one chute down the line.)
Spoiler
Show
The waterwheel powering the entire thing
Spoiler
Show
The clocks used for the pistons/BDs
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Elevatator

Re: Show us your tits!

Post by Elevatator »

I always thought drunken moderators are just active in the off-topic forum.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Urian

Post by Urian »

There were more than one, we needed to expand :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Honored to oblige :)
Oh, wait, I'm a guy. Damn.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Azdoine wrote:Honored to oblige :)
Oh, wait, I'm a guy. Damn.
Moobs?
Quality comes before quantity.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

and here is my new and now almost useless chicken farm
Spoiler
Show
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)