Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SterlingRed

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by SterlingRed »

Quit being lazy and finally established a base in the nether. These pictures are mostly aesthetic, and to show off the absurd number of nether fortresses around my portal. This isn't even half of it, I also tore down at least 5 pillars and walkways.
Spoiler
Show
Beachhead established! The glass tower is a staircase and the portal. WIP pigman farm (unfinished square building). Layer 1 is done (underground), drops all the way to bedrock. Image

Nether base structure complete! I can expand this upward as needed. Contains temporary bloodwood farm, chicken farm, and other btw essentials. WIP. Image
Vail

Post by Vail »

SterlingRed wrote:-snip-
Nice work. Looks like you've stolen the nether fortresses from my nether, though. I haven't been able to find one yet.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Vail wrote:
Nice work. Looks like you've stolen the nether fortresses from my nether, though. I haven't been able to find one yet.
You can have them back! They are literally in the way of everything and it's also making it harder to stop pigman spawns outside my farm. Ghasts also like to hide behind them and ambush me every time I walk around a corner. Usually when I'm near a glass wall...
Vail

Post by Vail »

SterlingRed wrote:
Vail wrote:
You can have them back! They are literally in the way of everything and it's also making it harder to stop pigman spawns outside my farm. Ghasts also like to hide behind them and ambush me every time I walk around a corner. Usually when I'm near a glass wall...
I think I just found one, actually, in the ceiling of my world. My portal is very far away, I don't like it, but oh well .. :(
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Hope this is not consider necro ;)

I'm working on my factory complex (rebuilding it as i realised i had so small amount of space left with just a saw and a stewing pot) and I dont want to make the same error again so I'm building them first in a creative mode world.

Here you are, some of my new small-bug-high-productivity hemp farm. It uses lens to detect any grown hemp and pushes the piston with a falling-edge circuit conected to the detector block. There is a switch that turns off both the light over the hemp and the lights behind the lenses to save energy ;).

In this album, u can see my automated pottery making system. A buddy block detects turns of the turntable, a BD converts them into full turns and 4 different BD conected to AND gates (previous BD in one input and switch in the other) count how many full turns i need. This pulse pushes a normal piston and after being inverted makes the BD place another clay block. After being inverted there is a shut down system that allows to turn all the system off (except the turntable).

I think i may make some tutorials on how to build them if i find proper video recording and editor tools (free) out there. Any help with this would be apreciated.
HtKsos

Post by HtKsos »

Looking at some of these builds is quite inspiring. going through my old screen shots, I found my first windmill:
Spoiler
Show
here is what it looks like today.. that building contains all of my manual tools, saw, mill that flings things, etc... you can also see my manual hemp/flower farm. and the ugly cobblestone square is my automated hemp farm and mill.
Spoiler
Show
The workshop also works as a powerhouse.. the windmill is only connected to the original mill. the water wheel has taken over, and axles run underground to power other automatons
Spoiler
Show
The Nether portal leads to my nethersmith, another ugly building, this time the outside is made of smooth stone. The lawn is overgrown with bloodwood, and the ghasts have wiped out much of the soul sand that it was originally planted in.
Spoiler
Show

not much, but I seemed to have continued with that same shape, but the insides are more efficient, and I started to use materials other than cobblestone...
as well as paying a little more attention to the look.
My latest world's windmill... a minecolony world I did not expect to work with BTW/BTB. Oddly enough the rain is rare enough I have not built a water wheel.
Spoiler
Show
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Nice work Siege and HtKsos. :) Nice to see a mixture of BTW and BTB, I have wanted to start a BTB world but I always wind up just getting sucked back into my BTW world and staying there. Thanks for sharing the flicks.
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

orangeweaver wrote:Nice work Siege and HtKsos. :) Nice to see a mixture of BTW and BTB, I have wanted to start a BTB world but I always wind up just getting sucked back into my BTW world and staying there. Thanks for sharing the flicks.
Thanks, actually the BTB items are because of the HCB mode, if not they would both be BTW exclusive.

When IMGUR it's up again, I'll post my new elevator, it's still lacking a closing door system as it's quite easy to make them (the detector of it's block will go to both input of an AND gate, one of them with some delay to detect if the elevator is stoped there or is just going through) and I'm finishing my kiln to acoplate it to my pottery making system. Once there i will also sort urns to go to my automatic netherrack grinder and filtering to produce soul urns + hellfire dust/concentrated hellfire.

Is there anyway to automate clay blocks production from clay without using an automatic crafting table? Maybe a BD when filled with clay will produce clay blocks instead of clay, if you want to dispense clay you have the vanilla dispenser.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Siege Wizard wrote: Is there anyway to automate clay blocks production from clay without using an automatic crafting table? Maybe a BD when filled with clay will produce clay blocks instead of clay, if you want to dispense clay you have the vanilla dispenser.
The BD does this already :). It "sees items in their blocky form" or something, I don't remember the exact wording. So yeah, it will output 4 bits of clay as a block.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Really? LOL FC thinks the same way I do, I'm starting to worry ;)

As I promised, my elevator without doors. It allows multiple floors with a calling button in each and buttons to go to all of the other floors. If u want me to explain the wiring tell me. Basically it uses lens for vertical transmision, 2 reseteable pack of memory cells for destiny and position and the go up, go bot or stop detector which is basically a decimal comparer.
Spoiler
Show
Front view:Image

Calling button:Image

Inside buttons: they dont move with the lift, they are statick in each floorImage

Wiring: ImageImage

Vertical transmisión: light block to power a len that will power the next Detect. Block which will power the nest light block til it gets to the top where the wiring is, conecting with the first pack of reseteable memory cells.Image

Position detector: Detect. Block that says where the lift is in each moment. They connect with the other reseteable memory cells pack.Image

Global view:Image
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

That is really impressive, Siege Wizard - I love it! :)
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Eriottosan wrote:That is really impressive, Siege Wizard - I love it! :)
Thanks :) I think i may do my own youtube channel to show things like this, and if enough people like it i may record some tutorials. I have 2 main problems.
  1. Free recording video software
  2. Free video editing software
If anyone wants to provime me some link or similar just PM me plis.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Siege Wizard wrote:
Thanks :) I think i may do my own youtube channel to show things like this, and if enough people like it i may record some tutorials. I have 2 main problems.
Well I'd watch the videos if you did :). Can't help as far as software goes, though.
Vail

Post by Vail »

Siege Wizard wrote:
1. Dxtory - http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html
2. VirtualDub - http://www.virtualdub.org/

That should do for just about everything you need. :)
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Yes I would definitely watch your youtube. The elevator is fucking impressive. I've been struggling w/ an elevator of my own lately, haven't quite figured it out yet and it's a pretty simple design, nothing as intricate as what you are showing here. Please let us now if you get some videos up and running!
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Vail wrote:1. Dxtory - http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html
2. VirtualDub - http://www.virtualdub.org/

That should do for just about everything you need. :)
orangeweaver wrote:Yes I would definitely watch your youtube. The elevator is fucking impressive. I've been struggling w/ an elevator of my own lately, haven't quite figured it out yet and it's a pretty simple design, nothing as intricate as what you are showing here. Please let us now if you get some videos up and running!
I actually only know how to cut pieces on VirtualDub -.-". i think I may use Adobe Photoshop for image creation and Windows Video Maker for the videos. I know is similar to using paint for high quality images but until I know how to use something better I'll use that.

About the recording software, I tryed Dxtory (huge banner in free version), CamStudio (has problems with non-short videos) and ZD Soft Game Recorder (lags my world a bit) but I may change the settings of ZD SGR so that I have a decent quality and upload my video.

PS: I had a problem with one of my resetable memory cell pack, the reset line was also setting all the cells. Seems that here has been some change in the Detect. Block from 3.62 to 3.72. I already fixed that problem.
Hint for those who wanna try building what themselves
Show
The hardest point is timing the lift to stop in the right position. The first and last floor should be easy as they have physical obstacle (pulleys for the last one and the floor for the first one) but the middle ones... well you need to time the stop signal. This is quite hard, better said it may be imposible to time the stop signal both upwards and downwards. So try only to time upwards, and make a piston put a physical obstacle in his way when going downwards. Once it stops, if the piston retracts there is no problem.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Behold, my mossy brick factory!
Spoiler
Show
As you may have guessed already, I didn't go with the BUD variety, but instead with a timer-based version. On one side of the building there's a BD that spews out the bricks, where pistons then push it beneath the edge of the pool. Once the line is full, another set of pistons pushes the entire floor of the pool one block to the other side.

Upon reaching the other side, a similar construction with a BD filled with sand pushes the row toward the final BD, which gathers all the blocks (thus making it 1 input BD and 1 output BD). Once the sand reaches the end, one block will fall, triggering a row of pistons to make the rest of the sand fall as well. The blocks of sand drop onto a second row of pistons, where they break into items due to the torches there. Once the second row is retracted, the sand drops in the water and is transported back up to the fountain. There it runs along the edge, encountering a hopper along the way that refills the sand BD.

That having been said, the following images might make a bit more sense:
Spoiler
Show

The far side of the pool, ready to accept another line of bricks:

The far side of the pool processing a line of mossy (and a few non-mossy) bricks:

Since it's timer-based it does occasionally harvest a normal brick, but all in all I'm getting about an 85% conversion rate, so I'm getting more than enough mossy ones too.

Now, normally I wouldn't post machinery only a week after a feature comes out so others have a chance to figure it out themselves, but I doubt anyone is insane enough to follow this route as well just to make some mossy bricks. Besides, there's plenty of engineering challenges not visible in these screenshots :P

Incidentally, anyone have any idea what I can do with this:
Spoiler
Show
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

AUTOMATED
pots
urns
soul urns
delivery

A quick video I've been wanting to do of my legit BTW build world. Its my automated clay pot and urn and soul urn processing plant with delivery and return system.

Its quite a messy build though.

YouTube
http://youtu.be/05OLVS4qFwg
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
angra_mania

Post by angra_mania »

Presenting my half finished fully automatic Breeding farm.
Spoiler
Show

I wanted my animals to have a view, so I opted for a vertical design where the breeding partners are stacked right above each other and the babies fall down the same chute. I have three towers that hold 5 breeding partners each, so 15 breeding partners in total. Each tower has three vertically stacked wheat farms (I've only finished one tower) that are fully automated.
Spoiler
Show
I restock the dispensers with 64 wheat iteratively. So once I have 64 wheat in a hopper it'll drop it down a vertical water flow, be stopped by a piston and flow in to the dispenser. With the block dispenser, I can can make it so that every time I get a stack of wheat it'll restock the next breeding pair by changing which piston activates. Lens are a godsend here.
Spoiler
Show
For the wheat farms I found a way to restock them with seeds fairly cheaply in a way I haven't seen before. The hopper on the top right would be filled with bricks, so that they aren't expelled when powered. Using this I have 8 empty spots, once they are filled they power the hopper just long enough to empty and feed into the hoppers feeding the block dispenser. Each hopper is filled with bricks so that they can only hold one stack of seeds , in this way every hopper will each get one stack. Once the 8th hopper is full, it'll send a signal, powering the hoppers and emptying their contents.

Just writing this out made me realize I can skip the first hopper and just let the seeds go straight into the eight hoppers. I'm not sure I'm happy or sad that I might have to remove it. Oh, and the hoppers send out a signal once the the last spot has something in it, not when that last spot is completely full. So you have to run the refilling process in stacks of 64 so that the last hopper gets a full stack like the others.
Spoiler
Show
To bring the seeds back up to be refill the wheat farms I had to make a four level item elevator that evenly feeds the three wheat farms. The designs I saw online only had two levels and had an obstruction stopping the elevator on the top floor. With this the elevator is stopped just long enough to push the stack two blocks into the water flow.

So yea that's my take on a breeding farm. It's kind of expensive, and fully automatic wheat farms are a little bit crazy, but fun. I have yet to build the part where the babies grow, and I still need to test whether three wheat farms is enough to feed five breeding partners, but it shouldn't be hard to add another wheat farm module or breeding partner.
Spoiler
Show
I guess I'll also show my stone factory just below the breeding farm. The lava flow was natural, and just below a lake, but I'm obviously not using HCB mode, I just like the design choices it would force on you if it were there. It's also a very slow cobblestone generator since it removes the occasional cobblestone that forms, clogging the water flow, and the stone generation.
Spoiler
Show
And finally, a picture of my world so far from the top of the breeding farm. The large tower is my home base, that I plan on building all the way to the top, but I'm also slowly building outward as well. I have a habit of starting one project and moving on to the next before I'm finished with the previous.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Oh wow, those are some massive builds angra_mania.

I'm using the same method for spreading seeds across my dispensers, works like a charm.

How many modules have you got to feed all of your breeding partners?
rosstafan

Post by rosstafan »

angra_mania wrote:
Spoiler
Show
And finally, a picture of my world so far from the top of the breeding farm. The large tower is my home base, that I plan on building all the way to the top, but I'm also slowly building outward as well. I have a habit of starting one project and moving on to the next before I'm finished with the previous.

what is that circle in the back
it has me very intrigued
The list I could make of all the things this mod is better than.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

angra_mania wrote:Presenting my half finished fully automatic Breeding farm.
Wow, awesome build, not just functional but nice to look at. I like the high up view of all the area. What IS that circular crater in the back?

After such an awesome build, doesn't seem like my following YouTube posts "stack" up. *snicker*

I got a request from a subscriber to show of how I built my automated soul urn system and I decided to oblige. I decided to do it in a string of little videos that are quickly referencible. Here are my first two videos starting with the basics... and they've already helped someone out too. My mission complete. Some humor included too.

The Turn Table
http://youtu.be/vNF3g5eVePI

Block Dispenser Timers
http://youtu.be/e7B13TePuU0
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Panda

Post by Panda »

I dont usually show people my.... builds but heres one im especially proud of, Its the Team Gurren Laugan symbol:
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Panda wrote:I dont usually show people my.... builds but heres one im especially proud of, Its the Team Gurren Laugan symbol:
Spoiler
Show
This calls for congratulatory victory music!

Epic job!
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Team Dai-Gurren woo!