Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jorgebonafe

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by jorgebonafe »

I got curious to see if this would work, so I went and tested... It does work :P
Spoiler
Show
I wonder if anyone can find a way to automate this kiln....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

jorgebonafe wrote:I got curious to see if this would work, so I went and tested... It does work :P
Spoiler
Show
I love that pig.
That's all I have to say, as I don't master kiln automation yet.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Gormador wrote:I love that pig.
That's all I have to say, as I don't master kiln automation yet.
Lol! I didn't even notice that... Fugitive pig doesn't want to be recognized....
I couldn't do that again if I tried....
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Well the easiest way would probably be having a block dispenser above the kiln slot and a double piston extender behind it to push the fired pottery into a collection point, but that's pretty much the same with most designs. The timing might be a bit easier with this design and it would probably be a bit more compact though.

In other news I a while ago I made something technical and aesthetic. Namely a lighthouse.
Spoiler
Show
with a spiral staircase, though this was before the addition of windows.
here's some of the wiring

Unfortunately with all the block changes it tends to lag the game out quite a bit as I generally go from 40fps to 20 when I turn it on.
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

I decided to share the wheat farm I made:
Spoiler
Show
There are two block detectors wired into an AND + monostable circuit along the top. The circuit pulls the pistons back under the block dispensers to dislodge the wheat, which falls into a stream below. The block dispensers plant the seeds as soon as the planters return. There are spaces for two more block detectors, but it works well enough for me so far. The only annoyance is loading seeds, but I stockpile enough of them that I don't need to do it often.

I mostly use the output for animal feed, but a millstone could easily be added in the space underneath to go into bread production and sell a few villages into slavery. ;)
fallendice

Post by fallendice »

jorgebonafe wrote:I got curious to see if this would work, so I went and tested... It does work :P
Spoiler
Show
The simplest way to automate it that I see is a piston behind the middle brick block to push the fired pottery out, and a block dispenser facing down above the open spot between the brick blocks. My kiln is similar to this, only I have the open spot to the left instead of on top. I then use the same turntable output from the bellows to power a block dispenser timer that ejects the fired pottery and place a new unfired pottery in its place immediately afterwords.
Spoiler
Show
If it can't be built, FlowerChild just hasn't thought of it yet. ;)
angra_mania

Post by angra_mania »

I don't even have dynamite automation yet in my main world, but 3.7 has got me thinking gravel/sand automation.
Spoiler
Show
Basically, I have cobblestone generators on 4 sides with pistons pushing the cobble towards the center in a 3x3 cube where they are destroyed by the mining charge, falling into a water flow. With this you get 25 gravel for each mining charge, I'm missing one cobble on the top (I'm thinking of having a generator from above with a piston pushing down maybe). I'm also missing the middle cobble just below the 3x3 cube, but I have no idea on how to get a cobble there w/o getting gravel stuck there.
Vail

Post by Vail »

Hey guys, just registered here after lurking about for quite a while. I figured the best way to say hi would be to show off the newest world I've been working on for a while now. I'm using BTB, Kaos' Deco add-on, Logistics Pipes, The Vat, Somnia and Doggy Talents, you should be able to spot my two dogs somewhere around my house. I'm sorry about the large-ish pictures, but I figured just putting them in a spoiler was good enough, if not just give me a shout and I'll resize them. :)

So I started out by stealing a seed from the HCB Seeds thread and running away from spawn to this place.
Spoiler
Show
I decided I wanted to try some terraforming and beautification of the landscape, so I removed some floating islands, planted one or two trees(!) and started the redirection of the water flow.
Spoiler
Show
I also did some work on the start of my house. I decided the easiest way to get water to all my future automations would be to have some water in all four of the corners, good thing my water sourceblock is nice and high.
Spoiler
Show
In the last picture you can also see most of my farms, the only thing not shown is my mossy cobblestone farm, which is hidden away somewhere near my endportal, because that's the only spawner I've been able to find so far. A close up of the farms ..
Spoiler
Show
Sugercane/Wheat/Hemp

Dung

And Cow/Sheep pits.
You probably saw the waterwheel hanging around in the middle of the waterstreams, if not have a closer look, it's quite easy to spot. I used this setup to get the materials for that. I tend to make these kinds of setups, because they're quite low on resources and pretty compact for having everything I need at the start of the game.
Spoiler
Show
Overall look at the BTW side of things.

Close up on the kiln/stoked stewing pot/stoked crucible.

Oh, just noticed I could probably move it back on to improve the cooking time. ;)
Hope you liked it, and I'll be back once I get along to automating/starting with BTB.

Cheers,
Vail.

Edit: Looks like my Waterwheel disappeared while updating .. odd. Put it back with creative though.
Last edited by Vail on Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Got bored in intro to word (sigh) and made this beatiful little thing:
Spoiler
Show
I made a tower with the fibonacci sequence dictating the layers, then kinda went apeshit :)
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Vail wrote:*snip*
Loving that you used my seed, been kinda excited to see what people would do with the spot! Hopefully your end portal is not the same I ended up using in that world, as that would put it ~1700 blocks from your current base :)
Vail

Post by Vail »

Thalarctia wrote:
Vail wrote:*snip*
Loving that you used my seed, been kinda excited to see what people would do with the spot! Hopefully your end portal is not the same I ended up using in that world, as that would put it ~1700 blocks from your current base :)
Thanks for the seed, man, loving it so far. :)

And no, mine is actually fairly close by, at 640 , 770, thereabouts, so pretty much walking distance, made it all the much easier to gather the mossy/cracked bricks I used for the nether portal I put in the jungle nearby. I decided I wanted to "stumble across" my nether portal, instead of building it, so I created a bit of a ruin where I put the portal in.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Well, here is what I have so far. I put a lot of time and effort in some of my contraptions. Sadly, I was never born with the gift of artistic creativity, so a lot of my designs are rather bland and bare bones functionality. But I do try to make things look nice from time to time.
Also, I'm not that good at making youtube videos, so please forgive me if it isn't done well.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

CycloneSP wrote:<video>
That is quite a nice little world! Although I nearly puked when I noticed you are actually using a Refined Axe.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Wtf? Did you have an axe related accident when you were little ita? :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

lol, well get ready to puke some more, cuz that is not a sfs axe. That is a stone axe. :D The reason I have it is because I have tree-capitator installed and the battle-axe does not chop down trees in a single stroke. So I carry a stone axe around with me just for convenience.

As for my enchantments, my battle axe has fire aspect and sharpness; my first mattock has silk touch and efficiency; my stone has is not important; and my second mattock has efficiency and unbreaking II.

And yes, I'm cheap, I only use iron armor. Simply because it is 100% recyclable.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

CycloneSP wrote:And yes, I'm cheap, I only use iron armor. Simply because it is 100% recyclable.
Honestly I prefer a stone axe then a refined axe :P No reason at all to use a refined axe instead of a battle axe imo
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

CycloneSP wrote:lol, well get ready to puke some more, cuz that is not a sfs axe. That is a stone axe. :D The reason I have it is because I have tree-capitator installed and the battle-axe does not chop down trees in a single stroke. So I carry a stone axe around with me just for convenience.

As for my enchantments, my battle axe has fire aspect and sharpness; my first mattock has silk touch and efficiency; my stone has is not important; and my second mattock has efficiency and unbreaking II.

And yes, I'm cheap, I only use iron armor. Simply because it is 100% recyclable.
In the treecapitator config all you need to do is add the refined axe and battle axe item Ids as axes if you want to use them. I stopped using tree capitator because with jungle trees it makes things too easy... :/
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Wtf? Did you have an axe related accident when you were little ita? :P

Nah, I just thought I'd never see a normal human being use a Refined Axe when he can use a Battleaxe. Nevermind, though, as I just figured out it's a stone axe :P
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It is probably the most pointless one to keep around. The sword has a meaningful advantage though in that you won't waste it's enchantment chopping wood and it only costs one haft.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Sarudak wrote:It is probably the most pointless one to keep around.
I believe you have forgotten about the Refined Hoe.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I can't agree about the hoe. After all if you're going to till ground you need a hoe and there's no combo tool that does it's function so having a recyclable hoe with tons of uses is a good thing.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

Sarudak wrote:I can't agree about the hoe. After all if you're going to till ground you need a hoe and there's no combo tool that does it's function so having a recyclable hoe with tons of uses is a good thing.
There's the iron hoe =P

Just has a lot less uses on it..
For tilling a large area of ground (for example before friendly mob spawning changes, tilling a whole island so the only grass is the spawn pads) then yes I'd use a refined hoe, otherwise I find iron is good enough to use =P
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

ie it's not useless. Useless means it has no use. There is no reason at all to choose a refined axe over a battle axe unless you're extremely short on steel.
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

Well, there is one reason, which is enchanting it. Battle Axes are enchanted as a weapon, so if you wanted Unbreaking or Efficiency you'd need the Refined version.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
fallendice

Post by fallendice »

I have done quite a bit in my world, but felt like sharing this build in particular. It's my latest creation, and is made for Better Then BuildCraft, but I think if you used two block dispensers with one having a glass block, you could convert it to Better than Wolves.
Spoiler
Show
If it can't be built, FlowerChild just hasn't thought of it yet. ;)