HOLY SH*T! Scary Moments in Minecraft

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
HavokSCOUT

HOLY SH*T! Scary Moments in Minecraft

Post by HavokSCOUT »

After I emptied my cobblestone generator, I checked in on my dogs. Their pen is about 5 blocks wide on each side, two tall, and has no roof. I usually stand on the wall to check on them. Today, they had a visitor:
Spoiler
Show
As you can guess, it scared the crap out of me when I was walking on the wall. After the initial shock, I just laughed.
What are some of your scarier Minecraft moments?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Miss_Kat

Re: HOLY SH*T! Scary Moments in Minecraft

Post by Miss_Kat »

My scariest moment was, and continues to be, enderman harassment.

In an old world, there was one enderman that kept teleporting behind me or on the other sides of walls, only to disappear before I could attack it. One time after I'd just finished on working on my house for the day, I headed back to my dirt shack where I was currently sleeping/storing my stuff. I walked through the door, closed it, hopped down two blocks to retrieve some eggs from my chicken pit, and hopped back up. At that point I wasn't sure how close it was 'til night, so I opened the door to step out a smidge and look up at the sky. Except I couldn't. Because right in front of me was a dirt block. No enderman in sight.

Scared the crap out of me.

And just now, I go back underground to go to sleep, only to find this.
Spoiler
Show
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Funny story about Endermen. The first time I fought one, I got it down to half health, when it started to rain. The Enderman tried to teleport everywhere to escape the rain, but it was on a plain. Long story short, I lost an Enderman in a field. Every so often, though, I'd hear him and see the purple particles when he teleports, but he wouldn't show up. Needless to say, I've been quite paranoid since.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

My Ender-friend is pretty similar, except that for some reason he never puts his block down. He's always teleporting throughout my partially underground fortress, just holding a dirt block.

I think I like him though. If I could somehow trap him I would. I'd keep him in a glass room and put a few signs on the outside reading: "Don't Feed Sam. And don't take his block - he doesn't like that." I would even throw other blocks in there just to test his commitment to holding that dirt block.

Note: It could be different ones from outside that I'm just not noticing, but I like to think it's the same one :P
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Anytime I hear a creeper hiss behind me I jump and yell and start running in the direction farthest away from it.

Skeleton attacks do the same thing to me, to a lesser degree.

I am a huge wuss, I know.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

The first time I head zombies bashing down a door. I was on a sever (which I didn't know was on hard), and just was minding my own business, when THUMP THUMP, *jump a foot out of my seat*, and rage quit for a while, until I calmed down.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

I go into a cave and started exploring, but I forgot to bring a good amount of food. I was very exited exploring it I decided not to go back and survive with zombie flesh that I was catching. I went into one of the branches and I saw 3 cave spiders jump down on me, and I was almost dead.
I managed to box myself in, paused, changed pants and move on digging to surface for safety.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

I was wandering around filling up a map and had broken my sword and didn't have any tools or blocks or anything since it was just a quiet stroll. I was looking down at my map figuring out where to go next when I heard the Creeper hiss. Started running, and ran right into a hole about 4 deep and 2x2 width/length since the map was covering the ground ahead. Frantically scrabbling at the dirt with my map, and cursing myself for not bringing any dirt to get out quick, the Creeper drops in right beside me.
Didn't really lose anything besides the map and some torches, but still gave me a fright.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I was holding a porkchop and decided to eat it while in front of my door. Little did I know that I was at full hunger/saturation (forgot to look), and I opened the door. A creeper was right outside. I managed to close the door in time, but it could still see me, and it was the first, night, so my house wasn't big enough to escape its LoS. All I saw all night was a creeper staring in through my door.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

so, i started a new world, im about to go punch some trees and...
Spoiler
Show
scared the **** out of me. ITS NOT EVEN NIGHTTIME YET D:

and it keeps teleporting randomly...
Nekhs

Post by Nekhs »

Back when BTW was a forge mod, I was playing Equivalent Exchange alongside it.

I had a smallish wood-and-glass shack.

Something you should know is that I always use pressure plates on the inside of my doors because I'm lazy.

Something else you should know is that my crafting bench was right next to my door.

Well.

I finished crafting a bunch of stuff with the philosopher's stone - I think the sugar-into-redstone recipe? - and accidentally chucked the philostone at the door.

Two creepers had been, unbeknownst to me, waiting outside.

Hisssssssboom!

I was at work playing, because we could at the time. It scared me bad enough to jump and shake the entire desk/table thing four/five coworkers were sitting next to me at and draw undue attention to me playing Minecraft.

I ragequit for the rest of the day. XD

Edit: I've never had a huge problem with Endermen harassing me. Possibly because Enderman harassment is one of my all-time favorite hobbies. (Stare at them while you chill in a lake, stab them if they get close enough, profit.) I don't care if they die, it's just funny to burn their legs off.
Check my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nekhs.
It's usually on sometime between 12AM-3:30AM CST.
Sorry if I don't immediately reply in chat, I'm usually too busy playing the game to notice.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

The only thing recently that made me jump was when I started playing a 1.2 world for the first time. I'd built a basic shelter with a wooden door and was starting to branch mine below the shelter on the second mc night. I had completely forgotten about zombies breaking down doors when I heard the pounding. Boom. Boom. Boom. I jumped and knocked my mouse off the desk.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

scariest moment for me was walking through a cave and then falling till I had 2 hearts left. I place a torch and look around and I see that I am in a pretty big circular cave literally surrounded by endermen. like an idiot I managed to look at all six of them and spent the last five minutes of that incarnation of steves life running blind through a series of little tunnels running like heck and jumping out of my seat everytime I heard the *vwoomph* sound of an enderman right behind me.
And HOW!
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Xekrom337 wrote:so, i started a new world, im about to go punch some trees and...
Spoiler
Show

Xekrom, what is the HUD at the lower left of your display?
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

rhacer wrote:
Xekrom337 wrote:so, i started a new world, im about to go punch some trees and...
Spoiler
Show

Xekrom, what is the HUD at the lower left of your display?
its cjbs mod more info. :)
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

My response to "Sssssss" every time i hear it.... ::insert string of obscenities and girly screaming while running away like a wuss::
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Thank you very much Xekrom!
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I know what you all were talking about the zombies TT_TT. I just heard them for the first time in my dog pen trying to break down the door.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it