"Better Than Wolves & Twilight Forest" together ?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Samorost

"Better Than Wolves & Twilight Forest" together ?

Post by Samorost »

Hi,

can i ask you, how is possible play Better Than Wolves and
Twilight Forest together ?
When i install Twilight Forest everything is be all right, but when i
put in Better Than Wolves mod game is crashed.
I tried it 100 times, 100 other way, but every time with same results.

But this player plays them together
Stormweaver wrote: CilantroGamer
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/cilantrogamer
Thread: N/A
Notes: Plays BTW alongside The twilight forest mod - a very popular streamer.
I tried send him a message, but he doesn't send me a reply after 4 days.

Thank you for your answer.

edit: What to do to play:

Install:

ModLoader 1.2.3

Download ModLoaderMP 1.2.3 v3

AudioMod 1.2.3 (instal only if you want original Twilight Forest sound)

The Twilight Forest v1.7.0 (not v1.7.1)

and

Better Than Wolves V3.56

Have a fun :o)
Last edited by Samorost on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Czech Republic :)
DreamsofFury

Re: "Better Than Wolves & Twilight Forest" together ?

Post by DreamsofFury »

Try doing just twilight forest and running your game to see if thats done right before atempting to install BTW.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Twilight Forest 1.7.0 appears to be the final version that will install with BTW. 1.7.1 was converted to the forge and so is no longer compatible so make sure you download the right version of Twilight forest (older versions are available in a spoilered section of the OP on the minecraft forum).

To install 1.7.0 and earlier you should only need Modloader, Modloader MP, Twilight Forest and BTW.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I would guess you installed the new version of Twilight Forest (1.7.1), which needs Forge and is therefore incompatible to BTW. But since you apparently had this problem over 4 days ago, when the new version wasn't out (assuming you aren't exaggerating as with the install tries), the best way to resolve this is to post an error report.
Also could somebody move this to tech support?

EDIT: Damn ninjas!
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

DreamsofFury wrote:Try doing just twilight forest and running your game to see if thats done right before atempting to install BTW.
I tried it too
Battlecat wrote:Twilight Forest 1.7.0 appears to be the final version that will install with BTW. 1.7.1 was converted to the forge and so is no longer compatible so make sure you download the right version of Twilight forest (older versions are available in a spoilered section of the OP on the minecraft forum).

To install 1.7.0 and earlier you should only need Modloader, Modloader MP, Twilight Forest and BTW.
Thank you so much :o) is working now
Panda

Post by Panda »

is this worth making pandoku mix TP support twilight forest?
Never say no to Panda.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

darkpollopesca wrote:is this worth making pandoku mix TP support twilight forest?
It may be; I'm not sure what kind of functionality it's actually using the forge for (beyond a hook for the alternate dimention) but I'd imagine that everything it's using forge for right now would be included in the mod API down the road. And till then at least, so long as minecraft stays 1.2.3, there's a full working version.

So it all comes down to how long happens to be between 1.2.3 becoming outdated and the mod API being introduced.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

"main contribution has been edited"

Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Samorost wrote:"main contribution has been edited"

Please change the links to the forum topics within which the mods are contained; you shouldn't link directly to the mod downloads.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: Please change the links to the forum topics within which the mods are contained; you shouldn't link directly to the mod downloads.
Agreed. I'm removing the links above until he fixes this.
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

FlowerChild wrote:
Stormweaver wrote: Please change the links to the forum topics within which the mods are contained; you shouldn't link directly to the mod downloads.
Agreed. I'm removing the links above until he fixes this.
oh i apologise for that

"fixes :o)"
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

A question to any of you that have tried Twilight Forest with Millénaire.
I am just going through my mod lineup and I was wondering if anyone has used this combination.
I am unsure how the generation of Millénaire villagers work. Will they be able to spawn in the Twilight Forest?
While I love the aesthetics of Twilight forest while I play BTW I was thinking I would like to be able to indulge my 'other' side and control influence help the communities of Millénaire.
But if it comes down to a choice I think I would like the Millénaire villagers rather than the aesthetics of Twilight Forest. I'm sure the forest will end up looking like a factory with giant quarry holes in it anyway.

Edit: Just thought to myself, "Even if villages don't spawn, I can still get a Village Wand and make villages within the Twilight Forest."
I'll try it out and find out.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ethinolicbob wrote:A question to any of you that have tried Twilight Forest with Millénaire.
I am just going through my mod lineup and I was wondering if anyone has used this combination.
I am unsure how the generation of Millénaire villagers work. Will they be able to spawn in the Twilight Forest?
While I love the aesthetics of Twilight forest while I play BTW I was thinking I would like to be able to indulge my 'other' side and control influence help the communities of Millénaire.
But if it comes down to a choice I think I would like the Millénaire villagers rather than the aesthetics of Twilight Forest. I'm sure the forest will end up looking like a factory with giant quarry holes in it anyway.

Edit: Just thought to myself, "Even if villages don't spawn, I can still get a Village Wand and make villages within the Twilight Forest."
From my understanding of how Minecraft works, I highly doubt villages would generate in another dimension.

Also, I doubt you'd have Quarry holes everywhere, as I believe Twilight Forest is designed so that most of the height limit for the world is above-ground to provide space for the giant trees (before the height limit was increased).
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

FlowerChild wrote: From my understanding of how Minecraft works, I highly doubt villages would generate in another dimension.

Also, I doubt you'd have Quarry holes everywhere, as I believe Twilight Forest is designed so that most of the height limit for the world is above-ground to provide space for the giant trees (before the height limit was increased).
I tried it out and indeed it will not automatically spawn a village in the Twilight Forest... HOWEVER...
You can manually spawn villages into the Twilight Forest with use of the summoning wand!
Boom-chuckalucka-BOOM....

*cough*

And now that I am sufficiently composed I must now attempt to achieve this without TMI
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

Ethinolicbob wrote:A question to any of you that have tried Twilight Forest with Millénaire.

Mods like a Millenaire or Better Dungeons, Battle Towers... who generate structure on map, does not effect on Twilight Forest.
Because like say FlowerChild, Twilight Forest is other dimension.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

That's a shame, I'd love to use a village wand in the nether just to watch the fireworks.
Better is the enemy of Good
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm confused. Ethinolicbob says he specifically tested it with TMI and that the village wands do work with Twilight, then Samorost says it's not true.

I'm inclined to believe Ethinolicbob, since Samorost does not provide sources. Can someone else confirm that it works?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

Gilberreke wrote:I'm confused. Ethinolicbob says he specifically tested it with TMI and that the village wands do work with Twilight, then Samorost says it's not true.

I'm inclined to believe Ethinolicbob, since Samorost does not provide sources. Can someone else confirm that it works?
I think what Samorost meant was that villages will not generate with the world automatically. Whereas Ethinolicbob found that they could be manually placed with the whachamacallit-wand.
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I remember there was an issue at one time of them generating in Twilight Forest and they generated at the standard height so the villagers were repeatedly stepping out of their houses falling massive distances and dying. Then quickly respawning. That has been fixed though.