Dual Monitors ?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FurkeyRefills

Dual Monitors ?

Post by FurkeyRefills »

I recently got dual monitors and i was thinking that I've only every seen game developers and "movie people" have them so I was wondering does anyone else on the forums have them ?
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
cheechako

Re: Dual Monitors ?

Post by cheechako »

I used to, but now I mainly use a wide-screen laptop. I used to support (when I did IT) some systems with 16 or more monitors - it was for SCADA. Some of the computers we use at work have 2 or 3 monitors, and I don't work in computers any more.

I've seen pics of cool gaming setups for driving, FPS, etc. that use 3 monitors.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I saw a pic of Minecraft run on 6 monitors once (default texture pack). The comments were either of people in awe, or people wondering why.

I used to have two monitors at home, but so many games didn't support it, or I had problems with drivers or Windows XP, it tended to crash a lot, I gave up in the end.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I would love dual monitors, but my video card doesnt support them, and its too good to replace. It would cost a ton to get a better one that supports dual monitors =/
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

I'm trying to get my mother to give me her old desktop monitor. I'm currently running a 17" laptop with a 37" TV hooked by an HDMI cable. It's nice to watch 1080p videos on the tele.

Of course, I do a lot of multi-screen work. Usually have my browser running on the tele, and Guitar Pro/TweetDeck/Steam running on the laptop.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Case

Post by Case »

Yup, I run two 24inch monitors.

One for Minecraft and the other for a movie :D
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I use two monitors, non-widescreen. I don't like widescreens at all.

I've been running dual monitors for years now, so I've got hundreds of use cases where I need em both, from browsing+something else, to developing, to music making, to drawing, etc...
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

I don't currently have space for two monitors in my gaming corner at home, but I run dual monitors anywhere I can get them. It's not that important for gaming for me, but for work I can't live without.
Lots of planets have a north...!
Urian

Post by Urian »

I've got dual monitors but mostly only use them when working in photoshop, the rest of the time I use a single widescreen.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I'm playing minecraft on my gameboy.
szmbiont

Post by szmbiont »

2 tft + 1 lcd tv but just using one monitor or the tv for playing games.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

WOW
I wasn't expecting that many people to have them :) I got my second monitor a week ago and I'm loving it.

@Urian I find that mission impossible 3 and the EscapeCraft 3 custom map go quite well together :p
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

I also have dual-monitors. Mostly because my old monitor died so I went out to buy a new one. The next time I visited my dad he said he had a monitor he didn't use at all since he had moved on to use a laptop. So I got that as well. They are both small, only support 1366x768 on my biggest one, but hey... I got two monitors. I don't think I could survive without it now, as I am used to having them. One monitor is primarily used for games, Chrome and other stuff I pay attention to. The other screen has a few Gadgets (clock, CPU and GPU monitors), Steam, Skype etc.
Creepig

Post by Creepig »

Battosay wrote:I'm playing minecraft on my gameboy.
pft, I play minecraft on my TRS 80.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

I would play on my Decwriter but it is getting harder to find paper for it.

"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Creepig wrote:
Battosay wrote:I'm playing minecraft on my gameboy.
pft, I play minecraft on my TRS 80.
I play Minecraft with an SD card surgically inserted into my mind.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Divine Insect

Post by Divine Insect »

I would love to have a dual monitor setup, and I even have an extra 21" HD flat screen just laying around in perfect working order. However, there isn't enough space in my room for two monitors, especially since my main is 22" and also functions as a television (complete with remote) and is perfectly set near the foot of my bed. That, combined with my old fatty PS3, Wii, PS2 slim, game shelf, etc., and I don't have the space for another monitor on my little computer desk. I'm also too lazy to do some serious furniture moving in my room since I also have two (occupied) fish tanks, a gecko tank w/ a pet leopard gecko, and a huge & heavy antique wooden dresser.