BTW Livestreamers

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: BTW Livestreamers

Post by Sarudak »

I was really bummed about twilight forest going forge. Really really bummed. Especially cause it really doesn't work with the other mods I play when I use forge mods and it would work so well with btw... :(

EDIT: Looks like invasion mod is going forge too. I hope this goes away with the mod api but I don't hold out a lot of hope for that at least not anytime soon.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Hey guys! Remember me? That one guy who streamed back in the day for absurd lengths of time and then fell off the face of the earth. Then he showed back up again to do a small bit of streaming, then made a creepy ass video with an unwilling pig. In all seriousness though, I'm going to start streaming BTW again very soon. I miss streaming it, and I miss all you goofballs. So I would be tickled pink if you guys would join me!
However, I do need some input before I get started, and I figured this is the best place to get it. Would you guys want me to:
a) Start a new World from scratch?
b) Use the world I am using now? (I have been working on it for a couple weeks now)
c) Try to dig up that old map I used? (nvm this, I want the new biomes and things)

At the risk of being accused of trying to invoke a pity party, I'll just put this out there. If anyone is upset with me returning, then by all means let me know. I do feel really bad for doing this sort of on-again-off-again stream shit, and I can't guarantee that I won't be hit by a bus tomorrow, or simply just lose interest. I do want to stream BTW again though, and I hope you guys will accept back into the ranks :)

On a side note: I just wanted to say that I really hope everybody has been doing well.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

diegokilla wrote:At the risk of being accused of trying to invoke a pity party, I'll just put this out there. If anyone is upset with me returning, then by all means let me know. I do feel really bad for doing this sort of on-again-off-again stream shit, and I can't guarantee that I won't be hit by a bus tomorrow, or simply just lose interest. I do want to stream BTW again though, and I hope you guys will accept back into the ranks :)

On a side note: I just wanted to say that I really hope everybody has been doing well.
Firstly... *glomp* ohmaigawdimissedyou!

I don't see why anyone would be upset with this, and honestly anyone with half a brain knows that Minecraft is just a game and that life happens. Besides - we need people to livestream, and lord knows I'm not quite ready to do it yet. (Someone help me, please!)

As for your question... I wouldn't be opposed to either seeing a brand new world or one you've put a little bit of time into. I guess I'm ambivalent.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

diegokilla wrote:-snip-
I haven't been here long enough to remember you. But I do know I've been looking for a good BTW stream to watch. New world or really old one, I don't mind. So long as you build some crazy contraptions with BTW. :)

EDIT: Also, what times *roughly* would you be streaming?
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

morvelaira wrote:
diegokilla wrote:At the risk of being accused of trying to invoke a pity party, I'll just put this out there. If anyone is upset with me returning, then by all means let me know. I do feel really bad for doing this sort of on-again-off-again stream shit, and I can't guarantee that I won't be hit by a bus tomorrow, or simply just lose interest. I do want to stream BTW again though, and I hope you guys will accept back into the ranks :)

Firstly... *glomp* ohmaigawdimissedyou!

I don't see why anyone would be upset with this, and honestly anyone with half a brain knows that Minecraft is just a game and that life happens. Besides - we need people to livestream, and lord knows I'm not quite ready to do it yet. (Someone help me, please!)

As for your question... I wouldn't be opposed to either seeing a brand new world or one you've put a little bit of time into. I guess I'm ambivalent.
Good to see some positive reception :D
kaos78414 wrote:
diegokilla wrote:-snip-
I haven't been here long enough to remember you. But I do know I've been looking for a good BTW stream to watch. New world or really old one, I don't mind. So long as you build some crazy contraptions with BTW. :)

EDIT: Also, what times *roughly* would you be streaming?
I used to start streaming around 8-9pm-ish (EST) and go until... whenever. most of the times until 3 or 4 in the morning and sometimes even later. (I think my record was like 10 hours of streaming, Walker_boh could prolly tell ya :P)

Also to congrats to morv and walker and the others who reached flying turtle status :P

Also also: Morv, hit me up on steam anytime and I'll do my best on walking you through the streaming process.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

diegokilla wrote:Also also: Morv, hit me up on steam anytime and I'll do my best on walking you through the streaming process.
Will do... in a week or two. Once work stops kicking my ass.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Good to see ya on the forums again, diego. I've been getting announcements about you streaming from Twitch, but it was always when I was too busy (and "-insert title here-" doesn't really tell me much about what you're doing).

Guess that means I'll have to order a new headset, as my current one is broken and I don't think my sister would be too happy if her kids manage to hear the stream ;).
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

diegokilla wrote:-stuffs that sounds very very good-
You know I'll be watching when ever I can, diego. Glad to see your still alive and well :).

And as for your record, i think you went for around 12 hours once (not counting taking a 20 minute break to "sleep")
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
diegokilla wrote:-stuffs that sounds very very good-
You know I'll be watching when ever I can, diego. Glad to see your still alive and well :).

And as for your record, i think you went for around 12 hours once (not counting taking a 20 minute break to "sleep")
Oh ya! I remember that steam. "Okay guys, I'm off for the night." 20 min later "Okay guys, I failed at sleeping. Better stream some more."
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Okay, I'm going to give a tour, and do a bit of gameplay on my current btw world after I upgrade to 3.62 version. I'll also post an announcement on steam I guess. Hope to see you all there!

Also: Just FYI I am planning on doing a stream-a-thon and starting a completely new world hopefully on monday the 7th, but this is subject to change. (I am going to attempt to break my stream-time record :P )
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Streaming some BTB now! (It's gonna be a short stream, maybe an hour or 2)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Love you diego, but you probably want to start your own thread in the off topic section to announce streams. ;) this one is mainly for people to find new folks and such.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

I've been thinking about starting up my own livestream. I just have to learn Xplit and how to work Twitch then I'll be all set.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

morvelaira wrote:Love you diego, but you probably want to start your own thread in the off topic section to announce streams. ;) this one is mainly for people to find new folks and such.
I was wondering whether or not it would be appropriate to put out info in my own thread... *Pulls out Necronomicon and a shovel" Time to go dig up and resurrect my old thread.

http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopi ... =638#p7952
Syruse wrote:I've been thinking about starting up my own livestream. I just have to learn Xplit and how to work Twitch then I'll be all set.
Xsplit is relatively cheap, and a bit difficult to use. I would recommend waiting until xsplit gets some more optimization and such. Also if you don't have a beast computer, or can't afford xsplit, or don't care to try and learn it or one of the other more complicated streaming programs, then just use procaster and stream to Livestream.com The only drawback with this is that you are limited to sub-par video qualities.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

It seems like Cilantro continues playing with the BTW save. That's nice.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Diego, have you bought Xsplit, or are you using the free trial?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

HavokSCOUT wrote:Diego, have you bought Xsplit, or are you using the free trial?
Premium purchase
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Hey, all! I've worked out the kinks with my mic, so I will be livestreaming here:Join me! It will be oodles of fun :D
EDIT: In ~30 min. Sorry for not adding that in the OP, i'm just too excited!
EDIT II: I promise this won't let me eat your brains like my Sig ;)
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Good news. I not only figured out the problem with BTB with MultiMC, I got Kaos' mod to work as well. Turns out that MultiMC just lets you drag the zip file of the mod into the program and it will install it for you. Instead of turning the Minecraft folder in BTW into a zip, I turned the folder higher up into a zip, so it was all messed up. Anyways, I might be streaming in an hour and a half. See you there ;)
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

HavokSCOUT wrote:Good news. I not only figured out the problem with BTB with MultiMC, I got Kaos' mod to work as well. Turns out that MultiMC just lets you drag the zip file of the mod into the program and it will install it for you. Instead of turning the Minecraft folder in BTW into a zip, I turned the folder higher up into a zip, so it was all messed up. Anyways, I might be streaming in an hour and a half. See you there ;)
Ahh, ha! I called it! ;)
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

What did you call?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Made a thread here to save space on this thread.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

guys renevo is streaming again!

"Going live with Burpcraft SMP @ 7pm PST (45 minutes from now) on twitch.tv http://twitch.tv/renevo - ya, that's going to happen."

time to have some fun :)
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

booyah :)
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

also we are thinking about making the IRC server a makeshift chat because of the SC2 MLG games going on.

edit: use his website http://minecraft.renevo.com/Twitch/RenEvo
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.