CilantroGamer Streams BTW (And twilight forest)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Stormweaver

CilantroGamer Streams BTW (And twilight forest)

Post by Stormweaver »

We have a new livestreamer ^.^ I've been putting off watching the guy due to my liking of manageable chat rooms, but now he's picked up the mod, I'm giving him a watch. He's got a good voice, and seems to like BTW for the reasons we like - it feeling like minecraft, not being too futurey, feeling like minecraft, etc.

http://www.twitch.tv/cilantrogamer

Give him a watch if you've got free time, see what you thinkg :) Be warned he's averaging about 900 viewers, so chat'll be....well, you know.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Itamarcu

Re: CilantroGamer Streams BTW (And twilight forest)

Post by Itamarcu »

I would love to find a streamer, as Renevo only streams at the exact hours in which I am asleep - 2 AM - 4 AM in my place.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

He is an awesome streamer for sure. But his chat is just chaos most of the time. I was happy to hear the other day he was going to do BTW.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Hehe hes great...chat is chaos but what else would you expect from someone with a huge viewer base.

Hes wondering if hemp will grow in the twilight forest :P

And also planing on using pistons to help him farm hemp, cant wait till he can make DBs
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I stopped by briefly to show my support, but I'm a little worried about what's going to happen with Twilight Forest.

Like, to my knowledge, you can't have an alternate dimension without modifying the world class, in which case, the Detector Block will be all fucked up, plus a host of other little issues.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Oh, that's really bad.
Do you want us to tell him on the chat?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:I stopped by briefly to show my support, but I'm a little worried about what's going to happen with Twilight Forest.

Like, to my knowledge, you can't have an alternate dimension without modifying the world class, in which case, the Detector Block will be all fucked up, plus a host of other little issues.
Hmm...I'm sure we've had people running both without issue in the past, post aether (when this issue first became well-known)

I seem to remember twilight managed to make it's dimension with just 2 lines on one class. I can look into it later.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

As far as I can understand minecraft's coding, 2 lines still mean a class replacement, hence incompatibility.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

He looks like a cool guy indeed :)

Though I always thought that, if I have time to watch someone play, I'd rather play myself ;)
So, back to my mobtrap :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Just checked, and as I thought there are no conflicting classes between the two; Twilight only edits akv.class, which BTW doesn't.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:He looks like a cool guy indeed :)

Though I always thought that, if I have time to watch someone play, I'd rather play myself ;)
So, back to my mobtrap :)
Hehe...yeah, that's basically the same thing that happens with me most of the time. I pop over to Ren's stream, watch a bit, then it just makes me want to play ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:Just checked, and as I thought there are no conflicting classes between the two; Twilight only edits akv.class, which BTW doesn't.
That's WorldProvider.class. Interesting. I'll have to take a look as it's peeked my curiosity now.

I know that with Aether they were editing the world class directly to achieve dimension travel, which was conflicting with BTW.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

After watching some of his stream, he seems to really be enjoying the mod :D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Yeah, but I'm trying to tell him a lot and he just doesn't notice... :)
For instance, instead of using more than 3 axles after hill windmill, he just put his entire millstone area there...
Well, a beginner is a beginner.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

itamarcu wrote:Yeah, but I'm trying to tell him a lot and he just doesn't notice... :)
For instance, instead of using more than 3 axles after hill windmill, he just put his entire millstone area there...
Well, a beginner is a beginner.
Pro-tip: when someone has 1k viewers fighting for attention, and wants to figure out things by himself, constantly repeating yourself doesn't tend to work. People do it on BdoubleO's stream, and I tend to time most of them out because it's annoying as hell :/

He might be doing an afterstream later on, which could be quieter.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I really like that he's working things out for himself. I'm trying to limit advice to things like "it's possible but you need higher tech" and correcting misguidance. Someone told him all his devices would blow up if he tried to power more than three at a time and convincing him that was wrong allowed him to figure out how to build his first automatic tree farm, which was great to watch.
Better is the enemy of Good
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

It was pretty cool to watch the aftershow. He figured out how to do a semi-automated tree farm with saws as soon as he got the idea.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I'm trying to watch Cilantro's stream on twitch but the video doesn't load...

http://www.twitch.tv/cilantrogamer/b/311382897

Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

jorgebonafe wrote:I'm trying to watch Cilantro's stream on twitch but the video doesn't load...

http://www.twitch.tv/cilantrogamer/b/311382897

Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong?
That link works fine for me; do you have trouble watching any other twitch streams?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Weird... The other links work, but this one still doesn't.... I just tried it again... It just wont load... no error message or anything.... New version of flash, maybe?

Edit. Yup, that was it. I updated the flash player and the video loaded fine. Thanks ^^
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Stream is live!
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

It's sad seeing him get trolled by people that do not know what BTW is. I do not participate in the chat due to the utter chaos and the fact I've tried to help a few times months ago and got a timeout due to a moderator thinking I was giving spoilers which it was not. And trying to correct people in the chat I've learnt is just too much of waste of time. So I just watch now.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

destineternel wrote:It's sad seeing him get trolled by people that do not know what BTW is. I do not participate in the chat due to the utter chaos and the fact I've tried to help a few times months ago and got a timeout due to a moderator thinking I was giving spoilers which it was not. And trying to correct people in the chat I've learnt is just too much of waste of time. So I just watch now.
Yeah, it's a big problem with large streams; you can't just ban everyone.

...well you can, and I often do when I'm a mod, but then you get a million PMs asking 'y u ban me?'. And it's a serious time investment to be all hawkeye over the chat and time people out constantly.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

And he just hit 1,000,000 channel views! :D
Quality comes before quantity.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Well, Cil just spent the last 20 minutes hollowing out an area for his blood wood tree...
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln