Sarcasm galore?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Urian

Sarcasm galore?

Post by Urian »

In a fit of irony, this post is devoid of sarcasm.

Many members, especially those who have been following BTW for a while, have got certain appreciation for sarcastic humor. Since this is in no way a form of humor particular to this community, there are plenty of places where we can get our fix on the Internet. What are some of your favorite sarcastic humor sources?

Some I often enjoy are:
  • Never Mind the Buzzcocks - A brilliant British panel humor program, I prefer the older seasons when Mark Lamarr was the host but it's still good.
    Examples:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A whole episode from 2010 (in two parts):
    and
    A good example of Lamarr's humor:
  • Something Positive - One of my favorite webcomics. When a drinks site composed drinks for various popular webcomics a few years ago, one ingredient for the S*P drink was baby tears. 'nuff said :) -Link to the first comic-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two examples:
    ImageImage
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Devalish

Re: Sarcasm galore?

Post by Devalish »

the Something Positive webcomic is so cruel ...

I love it :x
Is "The Daily Show" sarcastic?
I love the humor (sarcasm), but am not that good at noticing it :'(
I can laugh with a lot, just find it hard to laugh with toilet humor.
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
Urian

Post by Urian »

The Daily Show is partly sarcastic, yeah (also part satirical). It mixes sarcasm with a more traditional style of talk shows. At least that's how I've understood it, I haven't watched that many episodes since it's often focused on American politics to a degree that I hardly find interesting :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
BuLLZ3Y3

Post by BuLLZ3Y3 »

Urian wrote:The Daily Show is partly sarcastic, yeah (also part satirical). It mixes sarcasm with a more traditional style of talk shows. At least that's how I've understood it, I haven't watched that many episodes since it's often focused on American politics to a degree that I hardly find interesting :p
Wait, you mean American Politics isn't interesting? We aren't the center of the universe? OH...MY...GOD!

On the other hand, I LOVE to watch British Parliament meetings. They get so animated in there, it's wonderful. =D

Oh, and yes, The Daily Show is a sarcastic satirical. Say that ten times fast.

-BuLLZ3Y3
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

I haven't seen many of Lamarr's shows, but from what I have seen I much prefer Amstell as the NMTB host. But in general, I can't get enough British comedy. While I'm not sure that they are technically sarcastic, you should definitely check out 15 Storeys High with Sean Lock (and his standup), and the Peep Show with David Mitchell and Robert Webb (last time I checked both series were on Youtube). I'll throw in a couple of clips here...
Spoiler
Show

Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

To me, the best British panel show is definitely QI with Stephen Fry
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

Yeah, I'm a big fan of QI too, but I'm not certain that it's really sarcastic. Here's another place to check out (though it's textual rather than videos)
http://www.27bslash6.com/function4sports.html
A lot of people already know about this, but just in case you missed it, it's pretty spectacularly sarcastic.
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Speltz wrote:Yeah, I'm a big fan of QI too, but I'm not certain that it's really sarcastic. Here's another place to check out (though it's textual rather than videos)
http://www.27bslash6.com/function4sports.html
A lot of people already know about this, but just in case you missed it, it's pretty spectacularly sarcastic.
Epic, just epic. Funniest thing I've read in a while. XD
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.