New Release! (BTW 2.80)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW 2.80)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 2.80 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This version contains the following changes:

-Added the Bellows.

-Added Glue.

-Added Tallow.

-Added the Haft.

-Added alternate recipe for the Wood Blade using Glue instead of goo balls.

-Added alternate recipe for the sticky piston using Glue instead of goo balls.

-Changed the Turntable recipe to use wood Panels instead of wood.

-Adjusted the visual offset of the Turntable switch to be aligned with the markers on its texture.

-Fixed problem with Gear Boxes attached to Wind Mills still sometimes breaking after rain had stopped.

-Removed changes to BlockPistonBase class and moved the code in question elsewhere for the sake of compatibility with piston mods.

-Corrected orientation problem when placing Pistons with the Block Dispenser.

-Increased the size of a couple of arrays in the modified BlockFire class to avoid incompatibilities with MC Extended.

--------------

I'll be putting up the new crafting recipes momentarily!

Enjoy :)
Riveter

Re: New Release! (BTW 2.80)

Post by Riveter »

An impressive list. At this rate, I'll be re-designing and building new stuff for months before I feel like I'm making the most of your mod. The only downside to seeing updates this soon, I don't know what they do in game!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Lol! Ok, just as I put up the new version, the Minecraft forums went down :)

So here are the new recipes:

blithen

Post by blithen »

Is that the right recipe for the haft? I have the exact same thing on my screen but it's not producing anything. o:
Spoiler
Show

Picture for proof.

Realized the orange blob is glue, I'm dumb.
Last edited by blithen on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Would help me in updating the recipe list if you also listed how to make tallow and glue. I bet the orange blob there on the Haft recipe is glue? Anyway, you are a beast when it comes to make new stuff! I just hope I'll manage to keep my list updated as well as I should :P
Urian

Post by Urian »

I just woke up (literally, <5 minutes ago) so I haven't ahd time to test it yet and my brain isn't up to speed but I'd suggest trying to cook bones to get glue.

Also, yay for new updates! Me thinks Steve's new age is beginning (cue Grateful Dead).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Durandir wrote:Would help me in updating the recipe list if you also listed how to make tallow and glue. I bet the orange blob there on the Haft recipe is glue? Anyway, you are a beast when it comes to make new stuff! I just hope I'll manage to keep my list updated as well as I should :P
They aren't made through recipes ;)

I'll put out full descriptions tomorrow. For now, it's time for me to sleep, and I'm sure you guys will have some fun figuring the new stuff out for yourselves :)
Marmalade_Smile

Post by Marmalade_Smile »

We're not rendering down wolves to make glue are we?
Haniale

Post by Haniale »

There's a mod called RecipeBook, that might help you Dur. Seems to be automatic. Kind of randomly ordered but easy enough.

That said, I'm pretty sure this is a teaser release, with none of the items having any real function at the moment that I can see. All I've been able to do is hook a bellow up to mech power, and have it contract, then fill again when placing an upowered axel on it's top(Yeah, you read that right). It didn't blow anything infront if it from what I could tell. Admittedly I'm lost and basically trying random things that could maybe make sense but yeah.. going with evil here.

Thus, teaser. Thus, DAMNIT FC I JUST GOT OVER THE VIDEO.

I hope glue is easier to get than slime balls, or rather, faster - sticky pistons are too much fun to be locked away like that.
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Haniale wrote:There's a mod called RecipeBook, that might help you Dur. Seems to be automatic. Kind of randomly ordered but easy enough.
Thanks for the tip, but I'd rather not install any more mods. I'll just wait for you guys to figure it out. Tried to put more or less everything that makes sense to me in the cauldron. Bone and bonemeal mixed with everything I can find. No glue yet. So I'll just wait :P
Urian

Post by Urian »

A small question (or perhaps a request): Would it be any extra work to have items that use existing textures to still call on a .png file, even if it's just a copy from item.png or terrain.png? It can become quite confusing at times to remember which items are what if several share a texture. Having them in different .png-files would make it possible to make the items differ when making texture packs. If it would be much trouble then it's not worth it but it might make recipes clearer (and I've noted you've taken a similar path, e.g. with ropes, in the past :p )
Urian

Post by Urian »

The bellow contracts (and exhales from the hole, by the looks of it) when it receives mechanical power and expands when the power is cut. It doesn't seem to affect the speed of smelting things in a furnace though. Back to more testing.

Glue is usually made from rendered bone and tallow from rendered fat. According to wiki, this is often done via exposing the product-to-be-rendered to steam.
blithen

Post by blithen »

So the bellows stokes a fire, if you put it near a flame it creates like...double the flame or something.
Also it has this effect on 3 hibachi's, not the fourth though.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

What is haft used for? My research is fruitless so far.
blithen

Post by blithen »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:What is haft used for? My research is fruitless so far.
How did you make glue?
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

What is a Haft ??
( i see a new update in the build craft pipeline ( JOKE ) ) Cool

I have fingered it out . open Spoiler If you want to see. ( if you want it to be a surprise Dont't OPEN IT)
Spoiler
Show
A haft is a Handle for a weapons and a Bellows is for making Strong metal Like steeal so i think we will be forging our own Wolf slayer sword ( probable not called a wolf slayer ) .
Last edited by BigShinyToys on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

A haft is the handle/hilt of a weapon or a tool.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

blithen wrote:
How did you make glue?
I didn't, I have TooManyItems.
Urian wrote:A haft is the handle/hilt of a weapon or a tool.
I know what haft is, question is what is its function in BtW?
tduroo

Post by tduroo »

blithen wrote:
How did you make glue?
Try throw some leather in cauldron, put fire under it and use bellows to intensify fire under cauldron :)
Last edited by tduroo on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adjudicator79

Post by Adjudicator79 »

Awesome, Flower. There go my plans for the day, now I'm going to be experimenting with new items!

Your update proficiency is incredible. Can't wait to see what comes next.
tduroo

Post by tduroo »

Use bellows to make fire stronger (make "double" fire).

When you put bellows near cauldron to intesify fire under cauldron you can

- use leather to make GLUE
- use raw meat to make TALLOW

still don't know what is haft good for...
Urian

Post by Urian »

Tallow is also made by putting cooked porch- or wolfchops in a cauldron and stoking the fires. It might be only a chance of it happening or a bug but I've noticed that sometimes this yields a cooked chop of the same sort instead of tallow, if so then just try again (no need to change chop) until you get tallow.
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

I tried this but i can't seem to keep my fire stoked do i have to use multiple alternating bellows or is this some mod incompatability? (havent found any so far at least not for the baseclasses :/) Also at what height above the hibachi do you have your cauldron? Tried both above the normal fire and above the stoked fire neither worked.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Thieme wrote:I tried this but i can't seem to keep my fire stoked do i have to use multiple alternating bellows or is this some mod incompatability? (havent found any so far at least not for the baseclasses :/) Also at what height above the hibachi do you have your cauldron? Tried both above the normal fire and above the stoked fire neither worked.
I use a hand crank since I've only experimented so far. The bellow blows out (through the hole) directly at the fire so your hibachi or netherrack should be placed one level lower than the bellow.
Marmalade_Smile

Post by Marmalade_Smile »

I'm not sure how to keep the fire stoked either - the cauldron starts cooking (the flame icon starts filling up), but then empties again.

I've been trying to set up repeating clocks using turntables (to keep pumping the bellows), but this doesn't seem to be doing the trick.